NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The husband received texts saying “Your wife sent me to jail a few years ago… I’m back” and “Your whole family is next.”

The victim was stabbed over 60 times and had extensive defensive wounds to her hands and arms. This is entirely a crime of passion and a extremely intense amount of anger. IMO

Initially I agreed it was bizarre to take the body from the crime scene but if this truly was someone that was out for revenge. They murdered the victim in her own home with her son home and then drug her body along the sidewalk clearly not caring they were leaving a blood trail or hiding their identity. They left her on the curb like garbage and let the husband know their identify somewhat and threatened the rest of the family.

That is a truly a cold blooded killer in the midst of a crime of passion and revenge.

Everything we know about the killing of Orsolya Gaal

Last edited:
The husband received texts saying “Your wife sent me to jail a few years ago… I’m back” and “Your whole family is next.”

The victim was stabbed over 60 times and had extensive defensive wounds to her hands and arms. This is entirely a crime of passion and a extremely intense amount of anger. IMO

Yes it is anger/rage driven but why would someone "Out" themselves as the perp? This is just to say look there not here. IMO.

Safe to say we need more information in the coming hours. 60 stabs wounds sounds like revenge to me and an adult doing it. (moo)

1) The house is not located in a gated community. The 'Gated Community' mentioned in the media is 'Forest Hills Gardens' which is one block north of this particular section of Juno street. Furthermore, Forest Hills Gardens is not 'gated' in the normal sense of the word, it is completely open to drive/walk through. There is a private security force which drives around Forest Hills Gardens. But as mentioned, this home on Juno street is not in Forest Hills Gardens, it is south of The Gardens on a regular street in Forest Hills. The route taken by the person towing the hockey bag might have entered The Gardens for about one block on its way to the intersection at Metropolitan and Union Turnpike, if it passed from Juno to Whitson, then onto Union Turnpike then onto Metropolitan. In any case The Gardens security vehicle is so infrequent that it would not have seen the person. Because the house is not located in The Gardens, the boys are not eligible to be enrolled in the elite school located in The Gardens, so perhaps they attended the private Kew-Forest School. Or perhaps they were enrolled in a Jewish school.

I was just coming here to say this.

There are only two actual gated communities in NYC. One is Seagate in Brooklyn and one is Breezy Point in Queens. To enter those communities, if you are not a resident, security will call the person you are coming to visit to get clearance for them to lift the gate for you.

There is a park in Murray Hill in Manhattan that has a gated private park and only residents have a key.

Therefore, anyone could have entered this home without security clearance. I have relatives in Forest Hills, which is not the same as Forest Hills Gardens. It's all location, location, location, so even though the house is not especially large, it is a well-to-do community.

Maybe OG was stalked in the past and had someone arrested?

But bits of this sound like made-for-TV drama, like "I'm back" and "your family is in danger."

I'm not ready to say it's the son or anyone connected to him. There's a lot that we don't know yet.

What a tragedy.

I didn’t know at the time the son was the source of that information. That definitely changes things.
The information in this case changes so fast it’s crazy!
Just throwing out some more thoughts:
1) It’s too messy to be a hitman. A hitman is not going to bother making something appear to be a different kind of murder and risk leaving evidence.
2) Surely a revenge killer would have taken the time to plan things at least a little bit. There seems to be no real plan here.
3) The violence inflicted is indicative of a psychopath. The attempt to drag the body down the street seems either desperate or confused, illogical, fantasy-like thinking. Wonder if a neighbor has a serious mental illness.
4) The violence is a level indicating up close and personal, perhaps impulsive rage. The ferrying away of the body seems poorly thought out and immature.
5) Could be drug induced rage. Wondering if anybody is known to have a drug problem.

^^BBM

Yes, I think there is a good possibility of this murder being committed in a drug-induced frenzy due to the number of stab wounds as well as the decision to remove her body from the home only to abandon it in an easily discoverable location. Also, there's the hockey bag leaking a trail of blood that wasn't noticed by the perp initially and the taunting text messages to father.

If not in a drug-induced frenzy, murderer is seriously unhinged

pic is giving memories of “BG” from Delphi double murder… huge sine qua non gravitational center of story. But MOO that person looks literally like a 9-yo - doesnt it? A child, not a teen, which is ???? but then so low -light, -res etc worth a temp set aside….. so would be the story if there was no pic ?

<modsnip>

I dont want to blow them up, but looking through her facebook likes, i'm about 99% it's a small, independent school near them. And as a person who also attended an NYC independent prep school (albeit on a big ol scholarship) they fit the profile.
Also, just for clarity, where they live is not a gated community. The is no private security gateor anything, i think you just need to be a resident to park on side streets.

Last edited by a moderator:
The husband is not a POI and we can't sleuth him, but he has presence on Twitter and has an
Per WS rules, the husband's social media is off limits. As for OG, I didn't find her vain at all. No silly filters and self-serving messages. It was clear from her posts that she was proud of her children and loved her family back in Hungary. She also kept in touch with her friends - lots of comments are in Hungarian. It looks like she had many opportunities to travel. On one of the trips to South America she and her son helped build houses. She was posting a lot during the pandemic, but not much lately.

The current Daily Mail article (posted today and linked several times on this thread) quotes quite a bit social media info. I haven’t read every bit of it so I don’t know exactly what’s there.

^^BBM

Yes, I think there is a good possibility of this murder being committed in a drug-induced frenzy due to the number of stab wounds as well as the decision to remove her body from the home only to abandon it in an easily discoverable location. Also, there's the hockey bag leaking a trail of blood that wasn't noticed by the perp initially and the taunting text messages to father

I can see the attack happening due to a drug induced frenzy,but would the person also be able to send coherent texts,clean up and move the body?

Orsolya Gaal, 51, told her youngest son she was going out to watch a show, but met up with another man instead, NYPD sources told PIX11 News

Orsolya Gaal's killer sent husband text saying 'your wife sent me to jail years ago... I'm back' | Daily Mail Online

The problem is, she went out with a female friend that night. Who made up the man?

The media is spinning it.
Maybe she didn't stay knocked out. The number of stabs could be because the stabber didn't know exactly where they were stabbing through the bag.

Why are you assuming she was knocked out and what placed in the bag and then stabbed while she was in the bag. Sorry but that makes no sense to me and she had extensive defensive wounds on her hands and arms. She was also stabbed in her main artery on her neck and trachea. This was a very very very angry suspect intent on overkill. Safe to say this person was not in their right mind and did not care about anything but killing this poor woman.

I can see the attack happening due to a drug induced frenzy,but would the person also be able to send coherent texts,clean up and move the body?

The texts messages, if not based on some fact, are unhinged. Move the body? I think would be able to do so.

We don't know whether the basement was cleaned up or how well. I would say not cleaned up well at all whether drug-induced frenzy or not. Too many stab wounds

Wondering if the father allowed the younger son to be questioned by LE after he was taken from the home. Presumably LE called the father when they took the son in. JMO.

I agree, and wondered just 'who' was appointed legal guardian and signed any consents or paper work, while the LE were questioning a 13 year old.?

Dad is back now....
We should have additional information once a lawyer becomes involved, and proper legally obtained questioning commences.
MOO

I think it’s bizarre so many are blaming the son and the media is spinning the story like crazy.

Why not believe the actual evidence and the suspects own words??

Weird.

Can a mod update that the father and sons have been ruled out as suspects?

I dont want to blow them up, but looking through her facebook likes, i'm about 99% it's a small, independent school near them. And as a person who also attended an NYC independent prep school (albeit on a big ol scholarship) they fit the profile.
Also, just for clarity, where they live is not a gated community. The is no private security gateor anything, i think you just need to be a resident to park on side streets.

If you look at her FB, you will find references to both public schools that the children attend--- a local JHS and an elite NYC DOE school.

The media is spinning it.

Why are you assuming she was knocked out and what placed in the bag and then stabbed while she was in the bag. Sorry but that makes no sense to me and she had extensive defensive wounds on her hands and arms. She was also stabbed in her main artery on her neck and trachea. This was a very very very angry suspect intent on overkill. Safe to say this person was not in their right mind and did not care about anything but killing this poor woman.

I believe that blunt force trauma was also mentioned as an injury. A possible scenario is her being unconsciousness when placed in the bag, regaining consciousnesses and then being stabbed.

It would make for a much cleaner murder scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User1652735