NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe there will be an arrest soon. This was sloppy and not well thought out. In a moment of anger kind of thing. Classic case of misdirection with the email to the father.
I think an inexperienced perp left DNA everywhere or not complete cleanup. LE waiting for DNA results to come back. LE waiting on phone and computer data to come back before arrest is made. This one is simple. JMO.

So many things about this seem odd!

Why not leave her where she was killed?
Why drag her such a short distance from the murder scene?
Didn't she check in with her son when she came home?
Why send a message to the husband, from her own phone, and level a threat against the whole family?
All the previous disappearances of mother and older child (a baby at the time), do they tie in?
Don't they have a Ring camera or some other security system?
Is it a walk-out basement? Is there a back door to access the house?
The killer walked to get there and then to take her? Why? It seems...strange. Wouldn't "get in and get out quickly" be more in line with a vendetta? Wouldn't kidnapping and then torturing, leaving her far away be more "logical"? If the whole family is in danger, why not do away with the kid -who seems to have been oblivious- at the same time?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but -in MOO- it's way too operatic. Too violent a crime for it to be a hit (a hit tends to be cleaner)? This looks like it's been designed to distract attention from the basics.
All good questions ! ^^^

Here's another one : Was the person dragging the hockey/duffle bag seen on someone's security footage walking back to their house ?
Didn't the perp have a vehicle ?

As another poster here commented ; wouldn't the perp : (1.) Take Orsolya away from her own residence for a revenge killing ?
(2.) If the murder was spontaneous, put her body in their car and drive her much farther ?

And one more thought: How did the person who texted her husband know his # on the victim's phone ? Asking this because my spouse's # on my phone, is his nickname I use, as we have another relative with the same first name --and that nickname how I often refer to my spouse.
Someone knew this family very, very well; in my opinion.

What a horrible case and there'll hopefully be answers soon.

The most likely explanation of why the dufflebag was found where it was is that the person lugging it was tired and just gave up. They had dragged it 0.5 miles already. The entrance to the park is about 0.3 miles ahead, and once in the park, the distance to get to a place where one could dispose of the bag is very far and is unpaved (except for the main road through the park). It is highly unlikely that a full grown man would be so tired as to abandon the bag after making all this effort so far - he would still have enough energy to go further.
Another poster mentioned about taking the body to a waterhole - there are no waterholes in Forest Park near the Metropolitan entrance. The closest is near the Woodhaven entrance, far away.

All good questions ! ^^^

Here's another one : Was the person dragging the hockey/duffle bag seen on someone's security footage walking back to their house ?

As another poster here commented ; wouldn't the perp : (1.) Take Orsolya away from her own residence for a revenge killing ?
(2.) If the murder was spontaneous, put her body in their car and drive her much farther ?

And one more thought: How did the person who texted her husband know his # on the victim's phone ? Asking this because my spouse's # on my phone, is his nickname I use, as we have another relative with the same first name --and that nickname how I often refer to my spouse.

Yes, Perp did not have a vehicle or could not drive or they would not be dragging a body down the road to be seen by passerby's or security cams.

All good questions ! ^^^

And wouldn't the person need the code to unlock the phone? Mine doesn't have a PIN, but it's always in the bedside table drawer as I am not particularly attached to it for everyday use. Same with my husband's. We don't normally carry them around, and we don't often leave the house, but most people tend to lock their phones, maybe?

Even if Orsolya was a prosecuting atty. (I don't think she worked in that capacity), or served as a juror in a case that sent someone to prison (again this would not be her fault !); why the rage, for however long, from the perp ?

Edited this comment to add : This heinous crime seems extremely personal.
Stabbing someone requires you to be close physically and the amount of wounds inflicted upon Orsolya, shows rage !

I'm puzzled by the text to her husband.
Who would take time to do that ?
Thus far I've not read anything about the husband's work putting him or their family by extension into contact with anyone being sentenced to prison ?
Again my .02.

Will do some more reading on msm.

Last edited:
The person committing this crime would have had quite a clean up of themselves afterwards. I would imagine LE has or will look at the washing machine and showers in the home. If somewhere else other than that house, someone still had to clean themselves up after that. Honestly, I don't think this case will take long to solve. MOO.

The person committing this crime would have had quite a clean up of themselves afterwards. I would imagine LE has or will look at the washing machine and showers in the home. If somewhere else other than that house, someone still had to clean themselves up after that. Honestly, I don't think this case will take long to solve. MOO.

Not much cleanup if she was knocked out before being placed in the bag, then stabbed.

I am sorry if I sounded uncaring for Orsolya in my post about this being simple. Trying to look at it as LE would.
This has affected her entire family and will continue to do so.
Terrible thing to happen to a Mother/Wife/Daughter. RIP Orsolya.

It has to be so hard for her mother and sister who live so far away, in Hungary.

I can read/speak a bit of Hungarian - I checked one of the country's big news site (telex.hu) to see if the crime had garnered any attention there. Didn't see anything so far.

A few of you have also brought up how hard it would be to carry a rolling bag with a body up a flight of stairs. I would also add that, unless the person picked the bag up and carried it, it would also be LOUD. I've struggled to drag a rolling suitcase up stairs before and it was not a quiet endeavor (unless, of course, the stairs were carpeted).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ula