NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
60 stab wounds! No matter who committed the murder, I agree w/ poster who opined that the basement had been soundproofed especially if a family member played the drums.

Some people just aren’t screamers, I’m not, how much noise does a person make if they’re held down on the floor? My guess, not much at all, certainly not enough to be heard upstairs

So many things about this seem odd!

Why not leave her where she was killed?
Why drag her such a short distance from the murder scene?
Didn't she check in with her son when she came home?
Why send a message to the husband, from her own phone, and level a threat against the whole family?
All the previous disappearances of mother and older child (a baby at the time), do they tie in?
Don't they have a Ring camera or some other security system?
Is it a walk-out basement? Is there a back door to access the house?
The killer walked to get there and then to take her? Why? It seems...strange. Wouldn't "get in and get out quickly" be more in line with a vendetta? Wouldn't kidnapping and then torturing, leaving her far away be more "logical"? If the whole family is in danger, why not do away with the kid -who seems to have been oblivious- at the same time?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but -in MOO- it's way too operatic. Too violent a crime for it to be a hit (a hit tends to be cleaner)? This looks like it's been designed to distract attention from the basics.

A thirteen-year-old might have a friend over to keep him company/play video games/music until mom gets home. JMO

That's true. Plus the kids were probably off for the holidays.

Friday was the first night of Passover. Maybe dad, and older son had to go due to time constraints? Isn't that an important time to be with family though?

I would think the police know a lot more than they’re saying …..
No talk of a vehicle …seems strange too.
Anyone having an affair with a neighbor?
60 stab wounds doesn’t sound like a well planned attack by someone that had years to plan —behind bars. That message makes zero sense & something a woman would come up with

Slain Queens mom Orsolya Gaal‘s autopsy reveals she was brutally stabbed nearly 60 times before her body was discovered in a duffel bag less than a half-mile from her stately home, law enforcement sources said.

Gaal, 51 — who was found inside the luggage just after 8 a.m. Saturday in Forest Hills– sustained about 60 sharp force injuries to her neck, torso and left arm, according to the sources with knowledge of her autopsy.

Puncture wounds were discovered on her carotid artery and trachea, the sources said.

She was also discovered with knife wounds inside her fingers and on the palms of her hands, according to the sources.

Orsolya Gaal was stabbed nearly 60 times: police sources
I think with these types of injuries a "hit" has dropped to the bottom of my list of possibilities . I can't imagine a hired killer doing something like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
So many things about this seem odd!

Why not leave her where she was killed?
Why drag her such a short distance from the murder scene?
Didn't she check in with her son when she came home?
Why send a message to the husband, from her own phone, and level a threat against the whole family?
All the previous disappearances of mother and older child (a baby at the time), do they tie in?
Don't they have a Ring camera or some other security system?
Is it a walk-out basement? Is there a back door to access the house?
The killer walked to get there and then to take her? Why? It seems...strange. Wouldn't "get in and get out quickly" be more in line with a vendetta? Wouldn't kidnapping and then torturing, leaving her far away be more "logical"? If the whole family is in danger, why not do away with the kid -who seems to have been oblivious- at the same time?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but -in MOO- it's way too operatic. Too violent a crime for it to be a hit (a hit tends to be cleaner)? This looks like it's been designed to distract attention from the basics.
Perhaps a hit was dressed as revenge. Although I don't think a hitman would agree to making basic mistakes that could get them caught. So it likely was domestic rage dressed as revenge.

If the mother returned home just before midnight and was seen in the backyard, then I'm thinking that when she got home, the dog needed to go outside and that's why she was seen in the back yard.

I was under the impression that she was in the yard during the day.

Gaal spent some of her final hours puttering around her yard and enjoying a night out — before video caught a mysterious figure lugging her makeshift casket down the street.

Orsolya Gaal killer texted husband, 'Your whole family is next'

Are you thinking 2 people carried out the attack?
I think anything is possible, but IF she was killed in the basement, I think the person on the video shot might have a difficult time getting the hockey bag up the basement steps.
I wonder if that’s a laptop in his/her other hand. It looks too small to be a skateboard. JMO

pic is giving memories of “BG” from Delphi double murder… huge sine qua non gravitational center of story. But MOO that person looks literally like a 9-yo - doesnt it? A child, not a teen, which is ???? but then so low -light, -res etc worth a temp set aside….. so would be the story if there was no pic ?

J<modsnip>
We can't sleuth the children as no one has been named a suspect by LE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you thinking 2 people carried out the attack?
I think anything is possible, but IF she was killed in the basement, I think the person on the video shot might have a difficult time getting the hockey bag up the basement steps.
I wonder if that’s a laptop in his/her other hand. It looks too small to be a skateboard. JMO
That's true. Plus the kids were probably off for the holidays.

Friday was the first night of Passover. Maybe dad, and older son had to go due to time constraints? Isn't that an important time to be with family though?
It would seem to me because many schools including colleges might be on break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaminMetairie