NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought her phone was used to send the odd post-death texts. So they have her phone now? Or maybe her phone info was backed up somewhere?

That's my question as well. If the police have her phone, presumably the killer's prints would be all over it since they used it to send the threatening text message (unless of course they wiped their prints off).

A secondary question is whether or not she had her phone set up to require a passcode/FaceID to unlock it.

I am still hung up on the fact that the whole family is threatened in that text, that revenge is hinted at, and that the only one who is killed (while two people are home) is Ms. Gaal. If you REALLY want to make it horrific for the father, you kill both, no? The son first (he was alone) and then the mother when she gets home...

And there's still her cell phone.

This is too messy for a professional. Seems more a passionate situation with no planning and just panic in the aftermath.

I am still hung up on the fact that the whole family is threatened in that text, that revenge is hinted at, and that the only one who is killed (while two people are home) is Ms. Gaal. If you REALLY want to make it horrific for the father, you kill both, no? The son first (he was alone) and then the mother when she gets home...

And there's still her cell phone.

This is too messy for a professional. Seems more a passionate situation with no planning and just panic in the aftermath.
Agreed. Also, this whole revenge killing of a spouse just doesn't happen with any regularity. If you're out to get someone, you go after them directly.

The media has said it was a bauer hockey bag and from the pic of the suspect they have the bag on its wheels. (See pic)
And how would the killer(s) know she would fit in it? If they brought the bag with them with the intent to drag her away as they did, they could have run into a huge issue if she didn't fit.

I am following but sitting back waiting for more info to come to light. Right now I am uneasy with facts as presented thus far.

There is nothing in the articles that would indicate whether Mrs. Gaal was in a profession that might lead her to be responsible for putting someone in jail and nothing as yet has come to light indicating she had played some part in anyone's prosecution, either as a complainant or a witness.

So that text feels rather like a big fat intentionally placed ill conceived red herring. I think I will simply sit on hands for a bit until more becomes clear.

Say she's met up with someone, and the person follows her home. They ring the doorbell or knock hoping to extend the interaction, escalate it? Would she open the door? Wouldn't she find it creepy? If she has the person's number, wouldn't she just text them and say "my kid is still up"? Or would she open the door and show them in, guide them to the basement? Was there any sign of forced entry?

Yeah that’s what I mean- I know he was brought out in handcuffs. I’m not sure what the SOP is for a situation with those set of circumstances but I don’t feel like removing a child in handcuffs is it. I would assume he would go with a relative , neighbor, friend , etc. until his dad arrived.
Totally…

No mention of weapon being found. Was that what the perp was carrying as he/she pulled the bag away?

good question -- it does like like they are carrying something.

my guess would be that this is a junior hockey bag, which makes it probably 30" long. this person is leaning into their walk from the picture because the bag is heavy. imagine carrying that a half mile - based on the size of the bag relative to the person dragging it, they are almost certainly to be male, average height, and in decent enough shape to make that trek.

Attachments

• og_perp_still.png
    og_perp_still.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 167
I wonder if there is footage of the same individual walking back, minus the bag. I imagine there are clearer images in LE’s possession, and video that shows the person’s gait as well. Hoping for quick resolution on this one.

Or walking farther away, minus the bag. Am I right that at this point there’s no evidence that the person returned to the house? Hmm, any footage showing how the person arrived at the house, if he or she did arrive?

One things for certain—the police have a lot more evidence than they’re letting us see.

MOO

Or walking farther away, minus the bag. Am I right that at this point there’s no evidence that the person returned to the house? Hmm, any footage showing how the person arrived at the house, if he or she did arrive?

One things for certain—the police have a lot more evidence than they’re letting us see.

MOO
They almost certainly have tons of video, and it's likely that some of it provides a fairly clear image of the killer.

If they needed help, I'd expect them to release some of it. I think it's just a matter of time until there's an arrest.

That text was just to make it appear there is a suspect that hated her very much. Appears to be a crime of passion to me. If she was cheating and husband suspected, he would know if he pretended to be out of town, or was our of town, that would be a perfect opportunity to catch her doing something she shouldn't.

good question -- it does like like they are carrying something.

my guess would be that this is a junior hockey bag, which makes it probably 30" long. this person is leaning into their walk from the picture because the bag is heavy. imagine carrying that a half mile - based on the size of the bag relative to the person dragging it, they are almost certainly to be male, average height, and in decent enough shape to make that trek.
In that photo, can I see a light outline of their right arm across the front of their body, and they’re using both hands to drag the heavy bag? There is a dark shape on both the right and left side where their upper arms would be, maybe a shirt with dark colored sleeves? MOO

edit- almost looks like I can see a dark line (a watch?) on the right arm where the wrist would be if it’s folded across/ in front of their body?

Last edited:
This has frenzied, angry amateur(s) written all over it. I wonder if victim came home and discovered/walked into son/friends of son doing something illicit. That could help explain LE’s interest in younger son and statement that he did not leave the house for the night. Anger ensued.

Agree 100%.

They may know by now whom the culprit is, but have not been able to apprehend that person. Or they suspect someone but don't have enough evidence yet for an arrest.

The phone is an issue to me. I feel very strongly that this was a person known to the family, due to the overkill and a host of factors. One of them is how did the culprit know the phone code, and if he or she knew the code or <shudder> used her finger to open the phone, how did they know which phone number was her husband's, in order to text him?

Do people write "husband" in their contacts? If I were OG my phone would just say "Howie," not husband, but maybe that's just me.

<modsnip>

I have my personal suspicions of who and what and how and why, but I do believe we will know the truth sooner rather than later.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a theory; the killer was attempting to drag her body into Forest Park and it got too much and he/she abandoned her in that location. It seemed odd that the killer crossed over that big intersection with the body until I looked and saw the entrance to the park. When I 1st heard of a body found on Saturday morning I originally thought she was found in the park when I heard the location. I marked the entrance here. Also, the killer must have been familiar with the area. Just a thought....speculating.

Attachments

• JRP Juno Murder.jpg
    JRP Juno Murder.jpg
    894.4 KB · Views: 74
I have a theory; the killer was attempting to drag her body into Forest Park and it got too much and he/she abandoned her in that location. It seemed odd that the killer crossed over that big intersection with the body until I looked and saw the entrance to the park. When I 1st heard of a body found on Saturday morning I originally thought she was found in the park when I heard the location. I marked the entrance here. Also, the killer must have been familiar with the area. Just a thought....speculating.
Could be. Maybe the sudden amount of traffic passing him freaked him out. I do believe it was mentioned earlier that that type of bag was on wheels, though? There's no way someone could drag that amount of weight if it wasn't. The bag would surely have ripped, it'd be a massively slow walk, raising suspicions, creating noise, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx