NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was very specific as to a previous address, again possibly to create distance from the present time and possible triggering motive, and the crime scene itself. An adult, a very articulate young person? I don't know. The text seems an elaborate detail.
Unusual use of the term- some years ago. That’s sounds like an older women

That's why I'm focused on the killer being close to home. You remove the body to create distance between you and the crime. The text would be sent to throw off authorities.

That's pretty advanced for a young person though, although parts of it fit (taking a massive risk by moving the body).

I want to know if the text message in the Pix11 broadcast is presented verbatim, as the grammar seems like that of an adult.
View attachment 340315

Queens mom found dead in duffle bag was stabbed dozens of times | PIX11

Makes zero sense why the killer would out themselves by giving up the information she was the reason they went to prison in the past. Very easy to verify that information & who the perp would be.

Last edited:
If the person responsible was someone who previously worked for the family, as the text and current reporting suggests, my question is how they knew OG would be at home. Police said she got home safely that night, so presumably the perpetrator was either 1) lying in wait or 2) got into the house at some point after she returned.

OG hadn't posted anything publicly about her specific plans for that weekend, although her husband did tweet about him and the oldest son being out of the area for a college tour, perhaps the perpetrator saw it and knew she and the young son would be home alone?

Queens mom found dead in duffle bag was stabbed dozens of times – PIX11
Screenshot for the text included in the video link. Well that was pretty specific.

Sort of looks like a 2nd part of a message, it's the ... at the beginning of it that makes me think that. Not relevant I guess, but still
Very specific about the address, not Orsolya's and her families address as person sending message said 'when you were living near' - link to murderer maybe?
Although think the text is suspicious in itself

Moo

PIX11 News obtained surveillance video of a man dragging the duffel bag. The video is too disturbing to share. Police identified a person of interest in the case Monday afternoon, sources said. The individual was known to the 51-year-old Queens mom of two. No arrests have been made.

Queens mom found dead in duffle bag was stabbed dozens of times | PIX11
Well this sounds promising!
"Sources said they believe Gaal told her youngest son she was going out to see a show Friday night. At some point, a man who police believe she was familiar with met up with her, sources said. That man is believed to have murdered Gaal in her basement, the sources said. Investigators believe Gaal knew the killer because there were no signs of forced entry at her home."

So the text apparently had more detail as to where they lived when the person was "sent to jail".

Very strange. Why would the killer text the husband giving away info that could implicate them in the murder?? To me sounds like a red herring but apparently police are taking it seriously...or they are pretending to believe it for tactical reasons.

And why would it say "when living near Austin Street in Forest Hills" - why not explicitly mention the street they lived on then? "When you lived on XYZ Street in Forest Hills"? Or is Austin Street where the supposed author of the text messages lived then? Either way, I'm not convinced that someone from her past from perhaps some sort of lawsuit or crime is the perp, either.

Austin Street is not too far from Juno Street. About 1 mile. Moo, it sounds like someone trying to throw off LE. Why even text the husband? Like I’ve said before, there are so many cameras in the area, not sure why this person thought they’d be off camera anywhere on the route to dump her body.

If the person responsible was someone who previously worked for the family, as the text and current reporting suggests, my question is how they knew OG would be at home. Police said she got home safely that night, so presumably the perpetrator was either 1) lying in wait or 2) got into the house at some point after she returned.

OG hadn't posted anything publicly about her specific plans for that weekend, although her husband did tweet about him and the oldest son being out of the area for a college tour, perhaps the perpetrator saw it and knew she and the young son would be home alone?
Possibly the person thought no one was home -- entered to commit a burglary -- and was caught by OG, who could identify him/her. But that doesn't explain the rage/60 stab wounds. And would that person take the time to move the body out of the house? JMO.

Sort of looks like a 2nd part of a message, it's the ... at the beginning of it that makes me think that. Not relevant I guess, but still
Very specific about the address, not Orsolya's and her families address as person sending message said 'when you were living near' - link to murderer maybe?
Although think the text is suspicious in itself

Moo
And how are we, the public, privy to the contents of the supposed text messages? Could they literally have been leaked to the press already? Aren't they part of evidence that no one should know about until a trial? Suspicious to me in general. I wonder if there was indeed some sort of court case where her family did get someone arrested and convicted, and that person was recently released and is being used as the decoy? MOO

Yes, it'd be nice to clear up who the source is, for this alleged date.

Still getting caught up here, but wow, the reporting is all over the place on this murder. I used to be able to spot a DM or Sun article without looking at the header, but they just blend right in with all the other reports here. I have no idea what to believe, other than 60 stab wounds is about 50 more than whacked-out rage. This was no hit, it was very, very personal, in my opinion, and should have a small pool of suspects, despite all the attempts to make it bigger than that. JMO

Orsolya Gaal's body found in blood-soaked duffel bag in Queens
First two photos will enlarge twice if you click on them.

If the hockey duffle bag came from the house, I'm guessing the perp was someone well known to the family as most people keep duffle bags stored in a closet or shelf in the utility room when not in use ?
Or a bedroom ?

How would the killer know where the sports equipment bags were kept ?
Not to mention -- they'd need to empty out the sporting items first ?
This case is baffling.

Talk about nerves of steel.....the killer wasnt worried about anyone else in the house. If the killer knew the family consisted of husband, wife & two sons, the oldest son being away with his father looking at a college, that leaves the mother & younger son inside that home.

If the mom screamed bloody murder while being attacked, & her son came running down to the basement, we might be looking at two murders, assuming the youngest son wasnt involved.

Also, the mom being stabbed close to 60 times & she also had defensive wounds on her hands, I would definitely think she would be screaming out for help.

The younger son was lead out of the house with both arms behind his back in handcuffs, & released by the police after being questioned. If its another person outside of the family, it may take a bit longer to collect evidence & have it stick to a POI.

Lets see what the detectives can dig up in the coming days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper