NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much of this feels like a smokescreen. But I can't figure out what's being screened.

I agree. Also, the threatening texts the husband allegedly received have not been seen or verified by LE per the unnamed LE sources cited in the media. I feel like it's useless to dissect these texts without the information being confirmed, because as of right now the media is only aware of the texts via the husband rather than LE.

I realize trying to make sense of a senseless act can often be futile, but any speculation on waiting until 4:30 to move, if the 12:40 reward poster time is accurate? Just the time with the least amount of neighborhood traffic? Everyone home from a night out and still kind of early for joggers? Do bars close at 2 am there? Maybe someone who lacked experience thought (and I apologize for the imagery) that all the DNA would be out by then and moving it wouldn't leave a trail (even though video surely did anyways)? And when it was noticed, they took off before anyone caught up with them? That or the location was somehow intentional or they got freaked out by something (bus with camera, dog walker, etc). Pure speculation of course.

The only thing that comes to mind is send a text and leave them to rush to find a truly horrible scene but with no body to properly mourn/provide closure/facilitate prosecution so as to inflict a longer term pain. Personally, I'm leaning toward it all being a ruse when things fell apart, but I still can't help but speculate on far-fetched alternatives while I wait for justice to arrive.

So much of this feels like a smokescreen. But I can't figure out what's being screened.

I'm thinking this is going to end up like the plot of a Lifetime movie. Attractive older woman is having an affair with a younger guy... personal trainer or whatever. She decides to end it. He can't accept it and begs to see her while the husband is out of town. Maybe she reluctantly agrees to meet him at the bar but he doesn't show. Later - he shows up at her house drunk/emotional/angry - argument happens, fight ensues. He kills her in a blind rage and a panicked attempt to cover his tracks ensues.

He's on the run. Police are just trying to find him.

Just read that she was alone at a bar for 40 minutes - perhaps waiting for someone - then left and went home. Murdered on the first floor, then taken down to the basement. This just gets weirder and weirder. Why take the body to the basement, only to drag it back upstairs and out the door?
My understanding is the body exited the home via a basement door. MOO

Cops investigating stabbing death of Queens mom Orsolya Gaal focused on man she had been seeing: police sources – NY Daily News
<snipped & BBM>
Cops investigating the brutal stabbing death of Queens mom Orsolya Gaal are focused on a man she had been seeing, police sources said Tuesday.

The NYPD has stopped short of identifying him as a suspect because they don’t yet have enough evidence against him — including whether he is the person seen on video dragging Gaal’s body away from her Forest Hills home in a duffel bag, the sources said.

And they are concerned if they label him a person of interest he might surrender with a lawyer and refuse to answer any questions.

It wasn’t clear how Gaal met the man or how and when the relationship ended. But he had been in the home before and may have done work around the house, the sources said.

Cops investigating stabbing death of Queens mom Orsolya Gaal focused on man she had been seeing: police sources – NY Daily News
<snipped & BBM>
And they are concerned if they label him a person of interest he might surrender with a lawyer and refuse to answer any questions.

I honestly hope this is just inaccurate reporting because what kind of investigative strategy is this?––not naming someone a person of interest because they might take advantage of their constitutional right to counsel sounds shady.

<snipped & BBM>
Cops investigating the brutal stabbing death of Queens mom Orsolya Gaal are focused on a man she had been seeing, police sources said Tuesday.

The NYPD has stopped short of identifying him as a suspect because they don’t yet have enough evidence against him — including whether he is the person seen on video dragging Gaal’s body away from her Forest Hills home in a duffel bag, the sources said.

It wasn’t clear how Gaal met the man or how and when the relationship ended. But he had been in the home before and may have done work around the house, the sources said.
Another" sources said" article. The media really is pushing this narrative.I bet they get their info from searching SM. JMO.

Re “some years ago” - I know lots of immigrants from Central & Eastern Europe who use “some” in this way often. (It always sounds like British phrasing to me & I’ve figured it comes from learning to speak English from a Brit / where the ‘local’ English is British rather than American.)

As OG was an immigrant from Central Europe, maybe she herself used this phrase & it was picked up by people around her who might’ve otherwise not been likely to use it. JMO

I'm British (English)...... "some years ago", "some months ago", "some weeks ago", "some time ago".......... this is Standard English. It means more than "a few years ago" but less than "ages ago".

What really bugs me the most is that almost four-hour gap while she's dead and he's...what? Why?
4 hours seems extreme for sure. Perhaps panic over the unplanned murder? Did the murderer call someone else (friend/family) for advice/assistance? Were they using public transit & now needed a safe ride elsewhere? Did this contact advise them to move body so son wouldn’t find it? Such a bizarre situation.

It wasn’t clear how Gaal met the man or how and when the relationship ended. But he had been in the home before and may have done work around the house, the sources said
-----------------------------
B & UBM to highlight the fact that all the really juicy stuff is from those pesky unnamed sources

Given the timing, I think there is a fairly decent chance the 4:47 am Q54 bus was stopped (or approaching) the light at the intersection of Metropolitan and Union Turnpike. If he noticed it behind him as he made his way under Jackie Robinson Parkway overpass, he might have decided to drop the bag and run. MTA busses have pretty up-to-date cameras on them, front and back.

Or possibly dropped the bag and got on the bus.

Another" sources said" article. The media really is pushing this narrative.I bet they get their info from searching SM. JMO.
Using my post as a jumping point.
I come to Websleuths for info on cases because rumors are deleted and I can not trust MSM anymore. I have noticed Yahoo will use Reddit and Tik Tok as an article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member