NY NY - Patricia Cabrera, 34, Centereach, 26 Dec 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here are the routes I drove today. I was in Nassau County so headed east on 495. I exited at 52 and drove through the Park n Ride (puke!). There was a black Honda Fit which made my heart skip abeat, but, different plate #.

RSBM. The BBM makes me wonder if it's tied in with Droopy's recent post about an expired/non-existing tag? Wonder if that vehicle is still parked there...?

Another pissiblity my friend offered up is maybe the car isn't registered to her. In order for to run her check she needed the plate number, the make and model and the person's last name. So it looks like the tags are either expired or its registered under someone else's name.

RSBM. The BBM makes me wonder if it's tied in with Droopy's recent post about an expired/non-existing tag? Wonder if that vehicle is still parked there...?

Yikes! I'll check a little later.
The plates on the black fit i saw were personalized.
But I will check.

Another pissiblity my friend offered up is maybe the car isn't registered to her. In order for to run her check she needed the plate number, the make and model and the person's last name. So it looks like the tags are either expired or its registered under someone else's name.

There's a chance they are just expired (it is a new month since she disappeared, after all).

I have checked the whole parking the other night. There are many stores behind stores behind stores there. Nothing.
When I was there I saw security driving around. Then he parked next to me, well 3 spaces away and I asked him if he knew about the lady missing from Mamas. He said Yeah, I eat there. He said this parking lot is a hang out for drug addicts and that I should not be sitting in my car at night alone.

I
I got to thinking about Patricia's car. We have her plate number, but I also think it could be possible that the plates were removed, which makes identifying it tougher. So I asked a friend of mine to run her plate and see if she could come up with a vin number. She replied back that the plate number is either wrong or its expired. She's going to try and dig further into it.

The owner info will come up whether the plates were expired or not.

I

The owner info will come up whether the plates were expired or not.

My friend has the ability to look into the plate because of her job, but that ability is also very limited. She can't simply just enter the plate number to pull up info. She has to enter in the plate number, the three letter vehicle class code and the name on the registration. When she does it comes back with an error asking you to verify that those three pieces of information are correct. We know the class code is correct. We know the license plate number is correct, unless LE reported it incorrectly, which I'd seriously doubt. That leaves the name.

Then I thought to myself maybe the name on the registration isn't just Patricia Cabrera. When you buy a car from a dealer, the name on your insurance card has to match the name on the registration exactly. Maybe her reggie has an initial in it. I double checked with my friend about that, she said no the problem is with the last name.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/01...for-missing-bay-shore-woman-patricia-cabrera/

"She is believed to have been driving a 2011 black Honda Fit with New York plates CZP 4080."

http://longisland.news12.com/news/police-search-for-missing-bay-shore-woman-1.9770447

"Detectives believe Cabrera was operating a 2011 black Honda Fit with New York plates CZP-4080."

Just because she is driving it, doesn't mean she owns it or it's registered to her. It's fairly new, suppose she bought it at a dealership and her credit wasn't great. She could have needed a co-signer, in which case the car could be registered in the co-signers name. That's one of a few reasons that could explain it's not in her name. Of course if anyone has the ability to dig deeper, please do so. Having the vin could be useful in the oft chance while one of us are out there looking for her car, come across a black Honda Fit without plates on it.

My friend has the ability to look into the plate because of her job, but that ability is also very limited. She can't simply just enter the plate number to pull up info. She has to enter in the plate number, the three letter vehicle class code and the name on the registration. When she does it comes back with an error asking you to verify that those three pieces of information are correct. We know the class code is correct. We know the license plate number is correct, unless LE reported it incorrectly, which I'd seriously doubt. That leaves the name.

Then I thought to myself maybe the name on the registration isn't just Patricia Cabrera. When you buy a car from a dealer, the name on your insurance card has to match the name on the registration exactly. Maybe her reggie has an initial in it. I double checked with my friend about that, she said no the problem is with the last name.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/01...for-missing-bay-shore-woman-patricia-cabrera/

"She is believed to have been driving a 2011 black Honda Fit with New York plates CZP 4080."

http://longisland.news12.com/news/police-search-for-missing-bay-shore-woman-1.9770447

"Detectives believe Cabrera was operating a 2011 black Honda Fit with New York plates CZP-4080."

Just because she is driving it, doesn't mean she owns it or it's registered to her. It's fairly new, suppose she bought it at a dealership and her credit wasn't great. She could have needed a co-signer, in which case the car could be registered in the co-signers name. That's one of a few reasons that could explain it's not in her name. Of course if anyone has the ability to dig deeper, please do so. Having the vin could be useful in the oft chance while one of us are out there looking for her car, come across a black Honda Fit without plates on it.

We have so little info. We don't know what her legal name is. Maybe Cabrera is her maiden name. Maybe it's her married. Maybe there is a middle name. We just don't know.

Subscribed :) Any new updates? Has her family spoken out yet? Seems a bit strange if not. No missing FB page?

Hi NL!
Frustrating, to say the least. No one has spoken out, other, than the one friend/relative and her boss. That was a week ago. No FB page. Nothing.

I have checked the whole parking the other night. There are many stores behind stores behind stores there. Nothing.
When I was there I saw security driving around. Then he parked next to me, well 3 spaces away and I asked him if he knew about the lady missing from Mamas. He said Yeah, I eat there. He said this parking lot is a hang out for drug addicts and that I should not be sitting in my car at night alone.

If something happened in that parking lot, hopefully one of those stores that have surveillance caught it. I'm going to try and head out to the Centereach Mall area early tomorrow morning before stores are open and check parking lots to the west of Mama's. Should be able to cover more ground that way when you won't need to drive up and down every aisle.

We have so little info. We don't know what her legal name is. Maybe Cabrera is her maiden name. Maybe it's her married. Maybe there is a middle name. We just don't know.

BBM. I think it's her maiden name--if she indeed has ever been married. I'm still digging.

If something happened in that parking lot, hopefully one of those stores that have surveillance caught it. I'm going to try and head out to the Centereach Mall area early tomorrow morning before stores are open and check parking lots to the west of Mama's. Should be able to cover more ground that way when you won't need to drive up and down every aisle.

Good idea. I went at 10pm and I was looking at the Orange license plates. If you cannot go, I can go. I'm a few blocks away.

Good idea. I went at 10pm and I was looking at the Orange license plates. If you cannot go, I can go. I'm a few blocks away.

I'm not all that far away. Shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes to get there. Middle Country Road is a big area to check. The more the merrier.

Being that you are a few blocks away can you tell me a little more about this area on the map.
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.8610706,-73.0786024,611m/data=!3m1!1e3

Just east of Eastwood Road you will notice an area behind the houses with many dirt roads. From street view You can see overhead power lines and I am guessing some kind of power sub station? If something happened in the parking lot. How easy would it be to get a car into that area. The dirt roads go all the way north up to Hawkins Road. Are there any places someone can gain access to that area besides from Middle Country? From street view I think I may have spotted an area and a possible one.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.864...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sGv3vKX62X8DxwC1fEVX9ZA!2e0

School Street. There is a guardrail to the left but just past the rail is a small opening. In this view with all the tree and brush it looks like you couldn't squeeze a car through there, but now that it's winter, could that spot be a little more accessible?

East Court further north intersects through that area, but it looks like both sides are blocked off with guardrails. Any spots that you could get a car in?

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.881...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sNSuQEeLs-4vPoeSZ7ThE6Q!2e0

On Hawkins Road...notice the fence? Can easily get a car through there. Is that area still the same?

Dark Greek Yukon

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7748727,-73.261518,38m/data=!3m1!1e3

Looking overhead at Patricia's house it's a grainy view, but I can't believe I didn't notice this earlier. Notice the car in the street in front of the house. It appears to be black. The front nose of the car is very small, just like the Honda Fit. The overhead view is from 2014. Could be he car. If it is, that would lend more credence to the belief that she doesn't live alone with her daughter and that she lives alone with her daughter in an apartment in the house. If she lived there by herself, you wouldn't park in the street, you'd use the driveway.

Dark Greek Yukon

I'm assuming you meant dark green Yukon? There are two cars in the driveway in street view. One is a GMC Envoy and the other is a Dodge Durango. I considered the possibility that one of those two could be the car seen in the street overhead. The nose of that car is too short to be either of those two trucks.

I'm back from my trip into Centereach. I got into the area by 7:30 am and I will say that going there that early made searching quick and easy. The majority of parking lots I didn't even have to enter. Most of the stores in the area are small and have parking just in front of their location. Those places I only needed to drive past as there were either no cars in them and the few that did, nothing looked even remotely close to a black Honda Fit.

I started my search on Middle Country and Nicolls heading west and searching the north side. I pulled into the Walmart shopping center through the back entrance on Eastwood Blvd and drove through the whole parking lot. There were probably no more than 40 cars in the whole shopping center, so I didn't take long to look. No signs of her car in there. I continued west down to the JC Penny near the Smithhaven Mall, pulled into their lot, didn't see anything, then drove out and headed east on Middle Country and checked the south side.

Just as it was on the north side, I was able to cover a parking lot from Middle Country and only had to pull into a few. Unfortunately, no signs of the Honda. On my way back home, another thought as to where you can hide a car in plain site popped into my head...hotels and there are a few of those along the L.I.E. route between Nicolls and the Sag.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89
Back