NY NY - Patricia Cabrera, 34, Centereach, 26 Dec 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What is the Missing Adult Alert Program?

The program alerts the public and law enforcement when an individual who is at least 18 years old and has a cognitive disorder, mental disability or brain disorder goes missing. Time is of the essence when a person goes missing; the program allows for the rapid dissemination of information that can result in an individual’s safe return.

http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/missing/aware/missing-adult-faqs-for-le.htm

I guess there's nothing we can do to make le or family alert the public :(

Being that you are a few blocks away can you tell me a little more about this area on the map.
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.8610706,-73.0786024,611m/data=!3m1!1e3

Just east of Eastwood Road you will notice an area behind the houses with many dirt roads. From street view You can see overhead power lines and I am guessing some kind of power sub station? If something happened in the parking Rd. How easy would it be to get a car into that area. The dirt roads go all the way north up to Hawkins Road. Are there any places someone can gain access to that area besides from Middle Country? From street view I think I may have spotted an area and a possible one.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.864...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sGv3vKX62X8DxwC1fEVX9ZA!2e0

School Street. There is a guardrail to the left but just past the rail is a small opening. In this view with all the tree and brush it looks like you couldn't squeeze a car through there, but now that it's winter, could that spot be a little more accessible?

East Court further north intersects through that area, but it looks like both sides are blocked off with guardrails. Any spots that you could get a car in?

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.881...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sNSuQEeLs-4vPoeSZ7ThE6Q!2e0

On Hawkins Road...notice the fence? Can easily get a car through there. Is that area still the same?

I am not fiamilar with this area.. But I think it's to far from the her job at Mamas. There are woods across from her job in back of Burger King where there are trails and also power lines going south to Portion Rd. I know you can access this area on Sanford Rd from Holbrook Rd.

Droppy I made a mistake. I do know the area. I put in the wrong town. I could not access your maps on my cell.

School St is very busy. That is where the DMV road tests are. But I never went any further north on Eastwood.

Trigger, any chatter in your neighborhood about this?

None of my neighbors that I spoke to, knew about her missing. But I really haven't been outside. I will have to ask the kids who have their bike trails back in the woods if they seen anything.

I am not fiamilar with this area.. But I think it's to far from the her job at Mamas. There are woods across from her job in back of Burger King where there are trails and also power lines going south to portion Ed. I know you can access this area on Sanford Rd from Holbrook Rd.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.854...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sktuESSHFpKFEW2EfyOTU5A!2e0

That's the street view of Sanford Road looking into the wooded area from May 2012. Of course in the winter time it will look different. I don't see any way to drive a car in there. If you zoom in, it's not easy to see, but it looks it's blocked by a guardrail. The gated area on Hawkins Road is only 2 miles away, not really all that far. Because her car can be literally anywhere, just trying to identify places that you can dispose of a car. The only place that I see along that whole north to south stretch that a car can be driven into the area with any ease would be on Hawkins.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.854...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sktuESSHFpKFEW2EfyOTU5A!2e0

That's the street view of Sanford Road looking into the wooded area from May 2012. Of course in the winter time it will look different. I don't see any way to drive a car in there. If you zoom in, it's not easy to see, but it looks it's blocked by a guardrail. The gated area on Hawkins Road is only 2 miles away, not really all that far. Because her car can be literally anywhere, just trying to identify places that you can dispose of a car. The only place that I see along that whole north to south stretch that a car can be driven into the area with any ease would be on Hawkins.

Yeah I put in the wrong town. My daughter lives off of Hawkins but it's in the next town. Anyway I can hear my neighbors on their quads in the woods by Sanford and she has a small car. But yeah she can he anywhere. It's so frustrating, no news, nothing.

I really do wonder if her family resides in the USA, I find it odd no one is speaking out, speaking up, or searching on her behalf. So sad....:(

Did anyone pinpoint a timeline?

She left Mama's at 10:00pm on Friday, December 26th. She asked for a few days off and was to report back to work at Mama's on Tuesday, December 30th.

She was not working her daytime job from 12/29-1/2 because the plant was closed.

Is that right so far?

I wish co-workers, friends and family would speak up. Why did she ask for time off and was she planning on going somewhere??

Did anyone pinpoint a timeline?

She left Mama's at 10:00pm on Friday, December 26th. She asked for a few days off and was to report back to work at Mama's on Tuesday, December 30th.

She was not working her daytime job from 12/29-1/2 because the plant was closed.

Is that right so far?

I wish co-workers, friends and family would speak up. Why did she ask for time off and was she planning on going somewhere??

The actual time off from the day job was 12/24 [maybe the 22nd or 23rd] to 1/5.

I've found nothing new anywhere. Nothing.

Ok, but technically she wasn't missing until 10:00pm on December 26th.

Why did she wait until the 26th to ask for the following days off? If it were something planned, I would think she would have asked for it off a little more in advance.

Ok, but technically she wasn't missing until 10:00pm on December 26th.

Why did she wait until the 26th to ask for the following days off? If it were something planned, I would think she would have asked for it off a little more in advance.
BBM

http://longisland.news12.com/news/police-search-for-missing-bay-shore-woman-1.9770447
The restaurant's manager said she had asked for a few days off after Dec. 26, but she was expected to return to work on Dec. 30.

This is the only link that I have seen that mentions asking off from work, but it doesn't specify when she asked. Have you seen anything that says she asked on the 26th? Asking for three days off does make you wonder if she made plans, but it is also possible she asked for those days off for other reasons.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/01...ay-after-christmas-grips-bay-shore-community/
She vanished more than a week ago on her way home from work

So we can rule out the possibility that she had to pick up her daughter from a babysitter after work, otherwise it would have been reported as on her way to pick up her daughter??

I'm wondering if her disappearance has something to do with the time off requested. It's kind of odd, IMO, that this should happen as soon as she is scheduled to be off for a few days, if it's unrelated that is. Do we know the first moment her family or friends discovered she was missing? Was it that same night or later? I can't remember if the aunt or someone else made mention of this.

Like someone mentioned previously, I wonder if she went on a out-of-town trip somewhere...(maybe to meet someone). I know the aunt said all of her stuff was in her apartment, but does she truly know every single piece of clothing she owns?

Are there any bus/train stations nearby, or any major airports? An airport parking lot would be too expansive to search, but perhaps not a train/bus station parking lot.

I'm wondering if her disappearance has something to do with the time off requested. It's kind of odd, IMO, that this should happen as soon as she is scheduled to be off for a few days, if it's unrelated that is. Do we know the first moment her family or friends discovered she was missing? Was it that same night or later? I can't remember if the aunt or someone else made mention of this.

Like someone mentioned previously, I wonder if she went on a out-of-town trip somewhere...(maybe to meet someone). I know the aunt said all of her stuff was in her apartment, but does she truly know every single piece of clothing she owns?

Are there any bus/train stations nearby, or any major airports? An airport parking lot would be too expansive to search, but perhaps not a train/bus station parking lot.

Or she also could have had an out of town visitor that turned ugly. Either way, her car could be at a station somewhere.

MacArthur airport is a little lest than 11 miles from her job and almost 10 miles from home. Both LaGuardia and JFK are close to 50 miles away from Mama's. Those are the three major airports. There are also two small ones. Republic in Farmingdale and Brookhaven in Shirley. Of the three major airports, MacArthur would be the easiest to search as it's not as vast as the other two. There are many train stations on Long Island and they should be searched as well. Topcat had mentioned they were going to check some of the stations on the south shore, but haven't heard if that was done and which stations. I am trying to figure out how to make a map that I can maybe shade all the roads and places that were searched. I'm not sure if there are or where bus stations may be.

This is sort of a tough one to call. She could have asked for time off in order to go and meet up with someone. There hasn't been any sign of foul play that I have read.

Of course, leaving your identity, your kid, and your job behind is always the first clue that something ain't right.
It does happen though, I followed a case there in Tennessee under almost the same circumstances. The girl just decided to run off and be with some dude she fell for.......the end.
(You know how they beg and plead for everyone to help find their missing loved one, and after locating them, they immediately ask for privacy, take down the Facebook page, and slam the door in everybody's face......it was like that. )

That is a question I posed earlier in the thread. While the aunt may know many of the clothes that P.C. owns, I find it highly unlikely she would know every piece. Heck, there are a few items of clothing that I own that if they went missing I wouldn't even realize they were missing. IMO it was probably more of a case of NW looking through her closets, drawers and laundry and saw the clothes that P.C. wears often and it appeared nothing was missing, that it didn't have the appearance as if someone packed for a vacation. I think it's quite possible she would not have known if a couple of pairs of socks, undergarments, shirts and pants were missing...enough clothes for a weekend.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nutphinx
Back