NY NY - Patricia Cabrera, 34, Centereach, 26 Dec 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If already asked and answered I apologize----does Patricia's car have a GPS? Or her phone?

You can ask a million questions and almost every answer will be I don't know, because we have almost zero information from LE and the media.

Regarding the car, we aren't even sure if it is actually hers. I looked up the specs for that car and it looks like you can get a navigation system, but as an option, so we have no idea if there is one in the car. Also, from what I am reading, even if there is one it doesn't appear that you track the car through it.

As far as a phone, that is another I don't know. We have no idea what kind of phone she owns, whether it's a smartphone or not. We do know she does has a cell phone based on statements by both NW and Mama's. It was mentioned that texts were sent to her and phone calls going directly to voicemail. You don't need a smartphone to text or have voicemail, but in this day and age where most people do own one, I'd be surprised if her phone wasn't a smartphone.

What country is she from,is she a Legal Citizen of the U.S.A.?

That is one of the many questions I asked the reporter from CBS. On her Facebook she has two schools listed. One says she studied at Brentwood HS. The other is in El Salvador. We don't know how long she's lived in N.Y. or when she first came to the U.S. We can place her in N.Y. definitely in 2012 and be fairly certain in 2009. I'm still up in the air on whether or not she's a citizen, here legally or illegally. There are reasons that make me believe she is, but there are also other reasons that make me think maybe she's not.

Link to Terms of Service:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

If you look at PC's FB, she takes selfies with (i believe) a Galaxy. I won't post it because her child is in it.

Here is one:

View attachment 67625

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...141144.-2207520000.1421453485.&type=3&theater

Yep, that's Samsung Galaxy s3 and from what I see she has at least 5 custom cases, all different designs/patterns/colors. This caught my eye partly because I design these very cases for Samsung phones and ONE of her cases looks very very similar to one of my own. It isn't my design, but it looks very similar so it did catch my eye.

ecases.jpg

I don't know if LE has her phone, or is still looking for that too, but here are the different cases. Her most recent pic has the polka dot case but that doesn't mean it was the most recent case she had on her phone, since swapping them out to fit the mood is very common for a lot of people.

I noticed she's wearing a ring on her ring finger in a few of those, but I'm guessing the ring is actually on her right finger (due to the reflection).

She seems like someone who likes nice things and likes to look good. That being said, if she had a date that night, she probably would have went home first to change and primp. Even if she didn't have a "date", she may have still decided to go out to the bar or something. If that's the case, someone should have seen her. I wish there was more publicity surrounding this....

I have followed other cases from Long Island, and, I remember them all being similar to this case (as far as little info being released). As a matter of fact, unless it is a disabled adult or child, LE releases zero to no information. IMO.

Interestingly, I read an article a few days ago where a NYPD detective was interviewed about assistance from the public and internet sleuths and he said the NYPD prefers to handle their own investigations, without help from internet sleuths.

Makes total sense Elizabella--------esp since she worked in a restaurant----freshen hair and makeup, put on more stylish clothes, change out purse------

I wonder if all her bills were current--rent, insurance (renters, car, medical), utilities and such----if none were then IMO she left of her own accord.
Just keep the conversation going on this..........and holding good thoughts and prayers for Patricia and her family and friends.

Makes total sense Elizabella--------esp since she worked in a restaurant----freshen hair and makeup, put on more stylish clothes, change out purse------

I wonder if all her bills were current--rent, insurance (renters, car, medical), utilities and such----if none were then IMO she left of her own accord.
Just keep the conversation going on this..........and holding good thoughts and prayers for Patricia and her family and friends.
She could have had plans to meet someone right from work at a hotel or at someone's house where she could shower.

Things are too quiet on all fronts in regards to this case(media, friends SM). I guess (hope) if her car gets recovered(without her in it) that things might pick up.

In most missing person cases I've followed where the MP's car is also missing, the MP is found in the car, deceased, as the victim of an accident. Where could she have gone off the road? Even if it wasn't on her usual route?

I have followed other cases from Long Island, and, I remember them all being similar to this case (as far as little info being released). As a matter of fact, unless it is a disabled adult or child, LE releases zero to no information. IMO.

Interestingly, I read an article a few days ago where a NYPD detective was interviewed about assistance from the public and internet sleuths and he said the NYPD prefers to handle their own investigations, without help from internet sleuths.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20140501-meet-the-bedroom-detectives
:)

They may not want internet sleuths help, but I've never seen that attitude amount to much more than an out-of-check ego when it comes down to it. Annoying. Unless you've got ZERO unsolved mysteries under your belt and can claim to be the smartest person on earth, get yourself in check and realize that we want to HELP. I'm pretty sure they can decipher a crazed persons "info" from legitimate information to aid an investigation. And if they treat it all the same? Well then that could explain why some of these go unsolved when the info is RIGHT in front of their face - they just choose to ignore it.
Mini rant over - LOL :)

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20140501-meet-the-bedroom-detectives
:)

They may not want internet sleuths help, but I've never seen that attitude amount to much more than an out-of-check ego when it comes down to it. Annoying. Unless you've got ZERO unsolved mysteries under your belt and can claim to be the smartest person on earth, get yourself in check and realize that we want to HELP. I'm pretty sure they can decipher a crazed persons "info" from legitimate information to aid an investigation. And if they treat it all the same? Well then that could explain why some of these go unsolved when the info is RIGHT in front of their face - they just choose to ignore it.
Mini rant over - LOL :)

Agreed.
OT In august there was a missing teen (directly in my hood). She was a known run-a-way with family problems. Her boyfriend was MUCH older than her and SCPD considered this a dangerous situation. Two days after SCPD posted her missing poster on FB, I SAW HER WALKING, a few blocks away from my house. I rushed home. Called SCPD. Left a message. To this day...have not gotten a call back.

Agreed.
OT In august there was a missing teen (directly in my hood). She was a known run-a-way with family problems. Her boyfriend was MUCH older than her and SCPD considered this a dangerous situation. Two days after SCPD posted her missing poster on FB, I SAW HER WALKING, a few blocks away from my house. I rushed home. Called SCPD. Left a message. To this day...have not gotten a call back.

How sad is that?! :( Hopefully she was found safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence
Back