NY NY - Patricia Cabrera, 34, Centereach, 26 Dec 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping.

There isn't anything recent in MSM. :thinking:

I was visiting my sister for 2weeks and just got home. I see there is no news, nothing. Sad, it's like no one cares, only us, imo.

I took the train home and my grandson was kind enough to drive me around the parking lots looking for her car in Ronkonkoma train station. Nothing. We checked Holiday Inn that is around the corner from the train station and no luck. Nothing. But it's Friday and every parking lot was packed with cars. When I got home I remembered I didn't look on the south side lot of train station but it's creepy there at night and I don't think she would park there.

Where are you Patricia?

Only sort of off topic but I really hate that the missing post shows THIS image of her. This isn't what she looked like on a daily basis. She's a beautiful lady and took the effort to doll herself up on a regular basis, if her FB is any indication. It's kind of backwards really, most people look pretty "average" on a daily basis. This lady? She didn't.

You know....I was just sitting here thinking about what all we know. And something about this just doesn't make sense to me. She's (presumably) a single mom. All of her personal belongings appear to be at her home, except for her car. She had planned to have off a few days when she disappeared. She must have planned to have daughter stay with someone, otherwise why wasn't she reported missing sooner? I hate to say this, but this is starting to look like maybe she disappeared on her own accord. Maybe she didn't take anything with her (cc, ID, etc) because she knew she wouldn't be able to use them. It strikes me odd that she would have left her purse at her house. I don't know any women that would do that (especially one who looks as materialistic as her (not meaning that in a bad way). Especially if her ID is in her purse...even if you don't take your purse to work with you, why wouldn't you keep your ID on you in case you were pulled over? What if you needed gas or needed to stop at the store? Would you really leave every bit of money at home? Something just isn't lining up.... It also seems unlikely that she was hijacked on her way home, for the reason I stated above. It definitely seems (to me at least) that she made it home that night. So unless she had someone over who caused her harm then took her in her car and dumped both someplace (but then how did they get to her house? And wouldn't they have found evidence of foul play at her house?), this just isn't adding up. Maybe her family or LE is starting to think that as well, which would account for the complete silence.

MOO

Maybe she planned time off without telling anyone what it was for because she wanted a head start before any alarms were raised.

very possible scenario Elizabella---------I had wondered if she told anyone--either a co-worker (from either job) or a friend or relative where she was going. Her daughter was not going with her from what I recall so care for her would have been necessary.

And b/c its the way my mind goes, I wonder if she had paid her rent, car insurance, utilities etc-----before she left or if checks had been written out and mailed...........it feel very much to me like she walked away for awhile.

It was nearing the end of the month, when most things are due...so if she didn't pay them she would have had a nice chunk of cash in her pocket to do something with.

Any Spanish speaking people here able to translate this? A friend of hers shared one of her pics and posted this on the 9th:
"Si amiga donde quiera que se encuentre comuníquese con su familia ya que a dejado a una madre sufriendo y aúna hermosa hija que esperan su Regreso que mi Dios La cuide donde quiera que se encuentre!!!"

And another friend from the 11th:
"Coniquese su familia una madresita sufre hermosa niña la tenemos horacion para dios todo esposible eltiene la ultima palabra"

Just trying to get a feel of what her friends are thinking. These were shared publicly, so I think they are allowed to be posted here. Let me know if not.

It was nearing the end of the month, when most things are due...so if she didn't pay them she would have had a nice chunk of cash in her pocket to do something with.

Any Spanish speaking people here able to translate this? A friend of hers shared one of her pics and posted this on the 9th:
"Si amiga donde quiera que se encuentre comuníquese con su familia ya que a dejado a una madre sufriendo y aúna hermosa hija que esperan su Regreso que mi Dios La cuide donde quiera que se encuentre!!!"

If friends wherever they find contact your family and that left a mother suffering and combines beautiful daughter waiting their Return my God 's care wherever you are

And another friend from the 11th:
"Coniquese su familia una madresita sufre hermosa niña la tenemos horacion para dios todo esposible eltiene la ultima palabra"

Coniquese your family a beautiful girl suffers madresita (mother) horacion (prayer) for God we have all esposible eltiene (the one to have) the last word

Just trying to get a feel of what her friends are thinking. These were shared publicly, so I think they are allowed to be posted here. Let me know if not.

I just threw the posts into Google Translate and got the red text above.

I just threw the posts into Google Translate and got the red text above.

Yeah, I did that too but it doesn't translate over very well.... Especially the last one. I have no idea what that could mean.

I'm sure this is completely unrelated, but when I did a search for her name in recent news, I couldn't help but think "what if" when I read this:

http://sidedish.dmagazine.com/2015/...rant-called-quesa-is-coming-to-cedar-springs/
If you’ve driven down Cedar Springs recently, then you’re probably aware of the construction that’s been going on at the old Nuvo space. The entire building was gutted, and has been reconstructed from the inside out. I drove past earlier today to see if anything new has been added, and spotted a yellow neon sign that reads “Quesa” mounted on front of the building. I got out and pressed my face against the windows. The interior is nearly finished with concrete floors, exposed brick walls, and floor-to-ceiling windows.

I made a few phone calls and found out that Quesa, which is a Mexican food restaurant, is slated to open at the beginning of February. Husband and wife owners, Francisco and Patricia Cabrera, will plate up authentic street food from Mexico City. There is also a full bar.

BBM

Yeah, I did that too but it doesn't translate over very well.... Especially the last one. I have no idea what that could mean.

Seems to me to say that Patricia's family and daughter is suffering and that God has the last word. This comes from someone (me) who doesn't know a lick of Spanish.

Seems to me to say that Patricia's family and daughter is suffering and that God has the last word. This comes from someone (me) who doesn't know a lick of Spanish.

It does sound like your guess is right, but I also don't speak a lick of Spanish. :)

I'm guessing Cabrera is a common Hispanic name, so I'm not putting too much credence into there being a connection. But its still ironic to say the least.

You know....I was just sitting here thinking about what all we know. And something about this just doesn't make sense to me. She's (presumably) a single mom. All of her personal belongings appear to be at her home, except for her car. She had planned to have off a few days when she disappeared. She must have planned to have daughter stay with someone, otherwise why wasn't she reported missing sooner? I hate to say this, but this is starting to look like maybe she disappeared on her own accord. Maybe she didn't take anything with her (cc, ID, etc) because she knew she wouldn't be able to use them. It strikes me odd that she would have left her purse at her house. I don't know any women that would do that (especially one who looks as materialistic as her (not meaning that in a bad way). Especially if her ID is in her purse...even if you don't take your purse to work with you, why wouldn't you keep your ID on you in case you were pulled over? What if you needed gas or needed to stop at the store? Would you really leave every bit of money at home? Something just isn't lining up.... It also seems unlikely that she was hijacked on her way home, for the reason I stated above. It definitely seems (to me at least) that she made it home that night. So unless she had someone over who caused her harm then took her in her car and dumped both someplace (but then how did they get to her house? And wouldn't they have found evidence of foul play at her house?), this just isn't adding up. Maybe her family or LE is starting to think that as well, which would account for the complete silence.

MOO

I would agree with you But .....she took her car(just as easy to trace) and that hasn't been recovered yet. I feel the car will be the key to her recovery.. Now she has no ID if pulled over (registration due?,inspection?).She could easily get a waitress job somewhere but why leave her child behind?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrewWA
Back