NY NY - Patricia Cabrera, 34, Centereach, 26 Dec 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Like I've said earlier, SCPD is not interested in appeasing or pacifying the public. I have followed many cases locally that were never updated. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an update and SCPD has not made it public.

Like I've said earlier, SCPD is not interested in appeasing or pacifying the public. I have followed many cases locally that were never updated. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an update and SCPD has not made it public.
Yup I can confirm this.. Unfortunately. Long Island Suffolk County all my life.

I would agree with you But .....she took her car(just as easy to trace) and that hasn't been recovered yet. I feel the car will be the key to her recovery.. Now she has no ID if pulled over (registration due?,inspection?).She could easily get a waitress job somewhere but why leave her child behind?

No clue. Why does anyone just up and leave their family without notice? Not saying Patricia did, but not saying she didn't either.

Yes, her car would be a huge giveaway. I agree that, once the car is recovered (which it's only a matter of time IMO), we will know a lot more. However, if LE in this area doesn't like to update the public, is it possible the car has been recovered and they just haven't said anything? That would be very frustrating if so.

I just threw the posts into Google Translate and got the red text above.

I work with a couple of Spanish people who are originally from El Salvador. I asked him to translate it and he responded with...You have a mom suffering for you and you have a beautiful daughter waiting for you. We're going to be praying for you. Don't forget for God everything is possible.

Come on Patricia----just let your family know what is going on-----what ever it is, it will be ok-------It is going to be so cold tonight on Long Island--the cold coupled with the snow from this week and the coming snow...........

Have the computer and phone records been gone thru?????? Her family can access the usage on line.....just need the bill and her SS# for the most part.....its how I could access my old cell-phone and see all text and phone call info.

I work with a couple of Spanish people who are originally from El Salvador. I asked him to translate it and he responded with...You have a mom suffering for you and you have a beautiful daughter waiting for you. We're going to be praying for you. Don't forget for God everything is possible.

See...this sounds like maybe this person thinks she just up and left.... Or it could just be his or her way of praying for her safe return. So hard to tell.

Come on Patricia----just let your family know what is going on-----what ever it is, it will be ok-------It is going to be so cold tonight on Long Island--the cold coupled with the snow from this week and the coming snow...........

Have the computer and phone records been gone thru?????? Her family can access the usage on line.....just need the bill and her SS# for the most part.....its how I could access my old cell-phone and see all text and phone call info.

I wish we could get answers to this. And so many other things.

The translation for the other one is...Just my friend wherever you are call your mom. Don't forget you leave your family suffering for you. Your daughter and your mom. God takes care of you wherever you are.

Sigh...okay, so, my curiosity got the best of me. I found Natalie Wilkins (the aunt and friend) on Facebook and I sent her a message asking her if there have been any updates, if there are any public pages dedicated to helping find Patricia, or if there are any plans to put together a search team. If she writes back, I'll let you guys know. Hopefully it didn't go to her "other" folder.

Sigh...okay, so, my curiosity got the best of me. I found Natalie Wilkins (the aunt and friend) on Facebook and I sent her a message asking her if there have been any updates, if there are any public pages dedicated to helping find Patricia, or if there are any plans to put together a search team. If she writes back, I'll let you guys know. Hopefully it didn't go to her "other" folder.

Unfortunately don't hold your breath. I sent her a message back on January 12th and haven't gotten a reply nor has she even read it.

You know....I was just sitting here thinking about what all we know. And something about this just doesn't make sense to me. She's (presumably) a single mom. All of her personal belongings appear to be at her home, except for her car. She had planned to have off a few days when she disappeared. She must have planned to have daughter stay with someone, otherwise why wasn't she reported missing sooner? I hate to say this, but this is starting to look like maybe she disappeared on her own accord. Maybe she didn't take anything with her (cc, ID, etc) because she knew she wouldn't be able to use them. It strikes me odd that she would have left her purse at her house. I don't know any women that would do that (especially one who looks as materialistic as her (not meaning that in a bad way). Especially if her ID is in her purse...even if you don't take your purse to work with you, why wouldn't you keep your ID on you in case you were pulled over? What if you needed gas or needed to stop at the store? Would you really leave every bit of money at home? Something just isn't lining up.... It also seems unlikely that she was hijacked on her way home, for the reason I stated above. It definitely seems (to me at least) that she made it home that night. So unless she had someone over who caused her harm then took her in her car and dumped both someplace (but then how did they get to her house? And wouldn't they have found evidence of foul play at her house?), this just isn't adding up. Maybe her family or LE is starting to think that as well, which would account for the complete silence.

MOO

BBM

We don't know exactly when she was first reported missing. We only have the date of the official press release, which was the 3rd if I'm not mistaken? We don't know when LE was first called. Family could have been told they have to wait to file a report because she's an adult. We still don't know where her daughter was that night or if there were any plans for her to be taken care of for a few days. If Patricia did have plans for a few days, would Natalie have mentioned that when she spoke to CBS?

We don't know if her ID was in her purse or on her. We only know that her credit cards were in her pocketbook, which was found at home. Again, would Natalie have mentioned finding her ID as well as the credit cards? If I was trying to disappear, I wouldn't take my credit cards. As soon as you use one you can be tracked.

I know people do it but I just don't see her leaving her daughter. Maybe I'm projecting. I don't know. There is so little information to form a coherent sequence of events and motives, IMO. So tragic.

Unfortunately don't hold your breath. I sent her a message back on January 12th and haven't gotten a reply nor has she even read it.

I have FB messaged someone from her family, as well. Weeks ago. He hasn't read the message yet.
They go to the "other" folder. Unless, you request to be their friend, first.

A family member posted on their FB that they have no idea what happened and LE is very slow.

None of her family members have any updates on their FB.

If I was trying to disappear, I wouldn't take my credit cards. As soon as you use one you can be tracked.

That was exactly my point - the fact that her credit cards and purse were at home tells me she wasn't planning on needing or using them wherever she was going, if she indeed "left" them there. She must have had her phone on her, however, or Natalie would have given up trying to call. So here's a woman who leaves her purse and credit cards at home but takes her phone and possibly her license and cash with her. I guess she could have very well just went out to the bar or on a date, like we discussed earlier. And maybe no one is coming forward as claiming that they saw her because of the photo MSM is using. But that still begs the question....where is her car?? And why did she take time off of work??

I thought I remember reading somewhere regarding when she was reported missing. Let me try and go back to see. I want to say she wasn't officially reported until she didn't show up for work, since her job had no idea she was missing until then. But I could be wrong. My only suspicion regarding this is, if she was supposed to pick her daughter up that night, or even the next night (Saturday), whoever had her child would have probably called LE and got the ball rolling way before then. Especially if it is out of character for her to not pick her daughter up and not even call.

Damn it - can't they just check to see where her phone was last picked up by a cell tower?! I mean, that would appear to me to be the obvious first step.... Or run her phone records and see who she last called/texted? So many unanswered questions that you would think would have been answered by now.

Sorry, just ranting and thinking out loud....

I would say that her phone records have been checked and SCPD know a lot. They don't share well.

What if she made it home. Someone came by and she took a ride with that someone. To the store.
She wouldn't have taken anything. If they were just running out to get something.

Just thinking out loud.

But then the other person's car would have been left at her place. Not saying that couldn't have happened, but it would have been tricky to juggle two cars and a dead woman. Unless this person called for help or something.

But then the other person's car would have been left at her place. Not saying that couldn't have happened, but it would have been tricky to juggle two cars and a dead woman. Unless this person called for help or something.

Doesn't have to be two cars involved. She could have picked someone up on her way home. She could be friends with a neighbor who came by after she got home, that is if she ever did make it home. Maybe another tenant in the house, if there is one.

Doesn't have to be two cars involved. She could have picked someone up on her way home. She could be friends with a neighbor who came by after she got home, that is if she ever did make it home. Maybe another tenant in the house, if there is one.

Good point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrewWA
Back