NY NY - Patricia Cabrera, 34, Centereach, 26 Dec 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is sort of a tough one to call. She could have asked for time off in order to go and meet up with someone. There hasn't been any sign of foul play that I have read.

Of course, leaving your identity, your kid, and your job behind is always the first clue that something ain't right.
It does happen though, I followed a case there in Tennessee under almost the same circumstances. The girl just decided to run off and be with some dude she fell for.......the end.
(You know how they beg and plead for everyone to help find their missing loved one, and after locating them, they immediately ask for privacy, take down the Facebook page, and slam the door in everybody's face......it was like that. )

Agreed. I don't doubt most of the people on this thread feel that her disappearance was not of her own doing, but there is no concrete proof of that. All the reasons why to think her disappearance is suspicious is based basically on circumstantial evidence. Even though there doesn't seem to be anything to indicate she would, but she could have committed suicide as well for all we know.

A few other reasons why she could have asked for time off. Kids are off from school during the holidays. With P.C. working two jobs, maybe she doesn't get to spend enough time with her daughter. With the first job closed, she could have asked for the time off to spend it with her child.

Working two jobs, raising a daughter, throw in it being Christmas season which can be hectic time. With her other job already closed, maybe she wanted off just to stay home and relax.

I'm wondering if her disappearance has something to do with the time off requested. It's kind of odd, IMO, that this should happen as soon as she is scheduled to be off for a few days, if it's unrelated that is. Do we know the first moment her family or friends discovered she was missing? Was it that same night or later? I can't remember if the aunt or someone else made mention of this.

As far as knowing when it was discovered she was missing, that is only partially known. We know an official police report was released on January 3rd. We know that her job at Mama's knew something was wrong on December 30th when she didn't return to work and they tried calling her. The only other info relating to when she disappeared is her friend and daughter's aunt NW, but we don't know an exact time. We know from an article on January 5th that NW said she tried calling P.C. for more than a week. A week prior would be Monday the 29th. Because she said more, that would have to make it on either the 28th, 27th or even the 26th. My feeling is, based on the report that says she disappeared on her way home, that it was first realized that P.C. was missing either that Friday night or Saturday morning.

Did anyone pinpoint a timeline?

She left Mama's at 10:00pm on Friday, December 26th. She asked for a few days off and was to report back to work at Mama's on Tuesday, December 30th.

She was not working her daytime job from 12/29-1/2 because the plant was closed.

Is that right so far?

I wish co-workers, friends and family would speak up. Why did she ask for time off and was she planning on going somewhere??
She must have had plans to go somewhere.....did she tell anyone? Phone records?

BBM

http://longisland.news12.com/news/police-search-for-missing-bay-shore-woman-1.9770447
The restaurant's manager said she had asked for a few days off after Dec. 26, but she was expected to return to work on Dec. 30.

This is the only link that I have seen that mentions asking off from work, but it doesn't specify when she asked. Have you seen anything that says she asked on the 26th? Asking for three days off does make you wonder if she made plans, but it is also possible she asked for those days off for other reasons.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/01...ay-after-christmas-grips-bay-shore-community/
She vanished more than a week ago on her way home from work

So we can rule out the possibility that she had to pick up her daughter from a babysitter after work, otherwise it would have been reported as on her way to pick up her daughter??
Her pocketbook was home. Do did she make it home after work or did she not bring it when she worked at mamas?

I'm wondering if her disappearance has something to do with the time off requested. It's kind of odd, IMO, that this should happen as soon as she is scheduled to be off for a few days, if it's unrelated that is. Do we know the first moment her family or friends discovered she was missing? Was it that same night or later? I can't remember if the aunt or someone else made mention of this.

Like someone mentioned previously, I wonder if she went on a out-of-town trip somewhere...(maybe to meet someone). I know the aunt said all of her stuff was in her apartment, but does she truly know every single piece of clothing she owns?

Are there any bus/train stations nearby, or any major airports? An airport parking lot would be too expansive to search, but perhaps not a train/bus station parking lot.
Would like to know if her credit cards, license is in the pocketbook at home, maybe she switched out if the one she left.

At her Facebook profile she changed her profile picture december 27, 2014 kl. 00:50

https://www.facebook.com/patricia.cabrera.716?pnref=friends.search

I think facebook put into effect time differences, it shows her changing it on Dec. 26th at 1650 hrs when I look. IMHO

I will also state that in all the time I lived on the Island and my family....we never flew out of MacArthur, always LaGuardia or JFK. However if not jetting off for three days, it could be a date set up for a few days of R and R at Montauk ....or someplace like that. She may have gotten it as a Christmas gift from someone perhaps....Also, at Christmas you receive lots of new clothing, and if going on a trip I would prefer to look sharp...IMHO

I think facebook put into effect time differences, it shows her changing it on Dec. 26th at 1650 hrs when I look. IMHO

I will also state that in all the time I lived on the Island and my family....we never flew out of MacArthur, always LaGuardia or JFK. However if not jetting off for three days, it could be a date set up for a few days of R and R at Montauk ....or someplace like that. She may have gotten it as a Christmas gift from someone perhaps....Also, at Christmas you receive lots of new clothing, and if going on a trip I would prefer to look sharp...IMHO

When I looked at her FB it showed the 26th also.

As a LI'er....I will always fly out of MacArthur when possible. I LOVE the ease and simplicity of parking my car and getting on a flight there. Unfortunately, not many options as far as destinations.

I still plan on checking out the long term parking at ISP. Just haven't had a chance to drive out there.

I just got finished sending Llana Gold a very lengthy message on Facebook. She is the reporter who ran Patricia's disappearance on CBS. I asked her some questions regarding what she wrote in her story to help clarify some things and a ton of other questions that need answers. Hopefully she will respond and provide us with some new information to work on.

I just got finished sending Llana Gold a very lengthy message on Facebook. She is the reporter who ran Patricia's disappearance on CBS. I asked her some questions regarding what she wrote in her story to help clarify some things and a ton of other questions that need answers. Hopefully she will respond and provide us with some new information to work on.

I received a response from Llana and it was not the type of response I was hoping for. I sent her a lengthy 10 paragraph message and the response I got was..."You will have to ask police these questions. Police haven't released an update on the case." While I expected there would be some things she wouldn't be able to answer, she could have at least answered the specific questions I had pertaining to what she wrote.

I received a response from Llana and it was not the type of response I was hoping for. I sent her a lengthy 10 paragraph message and the response I got was..."You will have to ask police these questions. Police haven't released an update on the case." While I expected there would be some things she wouldn't be able to answer, she could have at least answered the specific questions I had pertaining to what she wrote.

I'm sorry, Droopy. I know you are trying so hard to help locate PC.
Ilana's reply surely made you :gaah:
I am so unsure about what happened. She could be anywhere.

:( I'm sorry. I hope we all get updated soon. I don't see her flying some where but maybe a road trip within a few hour radius?

If she was flying somewhere, one would think she would take her id (minimum), credit cards, and likely her purse...which were all left behind. I know some people want to fly light - but not taking any of this with you? Strange, IMO. Not sure if her ID was mentioned as being at home or not...but that, to me, is a necessity when you're traveling.

Also, what is the real likelihood that she would take off with someone (apparently, a someone unknown to ANYONE) and not make SOME sort of arrangements for her daughter? I would find it highly suspicious that any mother (with even a stitch of common sense) would just take off somewhere with a person completely unknown to anyone in her circle of friends, family, co-workers without at least a MENTION of it to any one of those people...KWIM? I know circumstances like this do happen...but more often, something bad has happened and it's not a simple case of "I'm outta here".

Maybe I'm the odd girl out, but if some guy offered to whisk me away on some sort of trip and said "You don't need to bring ANYTHING sweetie. Just you. No clothes, but the ones on your back. No id, no money, nothing. I have it all taken care of." My immediate answer would be "No way in HELL." But I'm skeptical like that. LMAO

This is just odd that no info is being released...nor does the family appear to be screaming from the rooftops for help that something is wrong here. :(

If she was flying somewhere, one would think she would take her id (minimum), credit cards, and likely her purse...which were all left behind. I know some people want to fly light - but not taking any of this with you? Strange, IMO. Not sure if her ID was mentioned as being at home or not...but that, to me, is a necessity when you're traveling.

Also, what is the real likelihood that she would take off with someone (apparently, a someone unknown to ANYONE) and not make SOME sort of arrangements for her daughter? I would find it highly suspicious that any mother (with even a stitch of common sense) would just take off somewhere with a person completely unknown to anyone in her circle of friends, family, co-workers without at least a MENTION of it to any one of those people...KWIM? I know circumstances like this do happen...but more often, something bad has happened and it's not a simple case of "I'm outta here".

Maybe I'm the odd girl out, but if some guy offered to whisk me away on some sort of trip and said "You don't need to bring ANYTHING sweetie. Just you. No clothes, but the ones on your back. No id, no money, nothing. I have it all taken care of." My immediate answer would be "No way in HELL." But I'm skeptical like that. LMAO

This is just odd that no info is being released...nor does the family appear to be screaming from the rooftops for help that something is wrong here. :(

I don't think she hopped a flight at all. I think there is a possibility that her car may have been left in a lot somewhere and ISP having a long term lot just seems worth checking, IMO.

But I definitely agree with you on all points. She would need ID. We need LE to release more info. AND...why isn't anyone making noise about her disappearance??

Was it said for certain her credit cards and ID was left at home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it said for certain her credit cards and ID was left at home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/01...ay-after-christmas-grips-bay-shore-community/

“There’s nothing missing from her house. There’s no luggage missing. All her clothes are there, all her personal things are there, her credit cards, pocketbook,” Wilkins said.

There are a lot of unanswered questions regarding her pocketbook.

Was there any ID found? A debit card? Any cash? While NW and PC may be close friends, does NW really know every credit card PC has? Did PC take her pocketbook to work that night? If not, is it common for her to leave it at home?

If already asked and answered I apologize----does Patricia's car have a GPS? Or her phone?

“There’s nothing missing from her house. There’s no luggage missing. All her clothes are there, all her personal things are there, her credit cards, pocketbook,” Wilkins said.

There are a lot of unanswered questions regarding her pocketbook.

Was there any ID found? A debit card? Any cash? While NW and PC may be close friends, does NW really know every credit card PC has? Did PC take her pocketbook to work that night? If not, is it common for her to leave it at home?
Like I said she might have switched pocketbooks.... Only took some of her credit cards with her ...we need to know about her ID and keys.

What country is she from,is she a Legal Citizen of the U.S.A.?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout
Back