NY NY - Patricia Cabrera, 34, Centereach, 26 Dec 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO She did not make it home that night and she either met someone or was followed by someone from her work or one of the other nearby stores. Mama's Pizza closes at 10. There were others leavingwork at the same time.

Is it certain that Mama's closes at 10 pm?
http://originalmamas.com/contact.php
If you click on the + next to the Centereach number, it's opens further and lists the hours that it is open. Sun-Thurs 11am-10pm and Fri-Sat 11am-11pm
12/26 was a Friday. so the place was open to 11pm? Is the website incorrect? Have the hours changed and just haven't been updated?

If you click on the + next to the Centereach number, it's opens further and lists the hours that it is open. Sun-Thurs 11am-10pm and Fri-Sat 11am-11pm
12/26 was a Friday. so the place was open to 11pm? Is the website incorrect? Have the hours changed and just haven't been updated?

That is probably right. I opened the link on my phone (for the address) and all that came up was "open 11am-10 pm".

Another question...why would she leave an hour before closing?

Another question...why would she leave an hour before closing?

I don't know. Possibilities??
1. Her normal shift ends at 10 pm on the days she works besides Friday. Mama's does close at 10pm Sun-Thu.
2. Her schedule is somewhat flexible that the manager allows her to leave at 10 pm because she has an 11 year old daughter at home?
3. After 10pm business dies down, so they don't need her to stay til closing. Friday night in a busy section of town, it's probably not likely, but maybe.
4. She had asked for a few days off, maybe she also asked to get off an hour early?

Anyone know if the gates to Blydenburgh Park are locked at night?

Here are the routes I drove today. I was in Nassau County so headed east on 495. I exited at 52 and drove through the Park n Ride (puke!). There was a black Honda Fit which made my heart skip abeat, but, different plate #. From there I continued to Crooked Hill Rd and drove South to Anna Rd. Drove around the neighborhood and then headed back South on Fifth Ave to Crooked Hill Rd to the SAG North. I took that to NSP East and then to 347. There was road work everywhere. I missed the turn for 111 so continued to Nicholls Rd South. I took that to 25 East and drove through Selden. Made a u-turn and headed west back to the Centereach Mall where Mama's Pizza is. Drove through the lot while watching the PO taking pics of the shop and area. I headed West on 25 and drove it down to 347 and then back West on NSP to the SAG and finally on 495 West to Commack Rd.

Luckily, most of the trees and brush have lost their leaves and it is easy to search. Unless LE has her phone pings or other info/leads...it is like searching for a needle in a haystack. This area is just so vast...seems do-able but it is a lot of ground to cover from Centereach to Bay Shore (Brentwood). There are a tremendous amount of strip malls, shopping centers, parking lots. She could really be anywhere.

I was tempted to drive through Pilgrim Psych Ctr...but chickened out. Just cannot do that alone. But I think it should be searched.

Unless LE has her phone pings or other info/leads...it is like searching for a needle in a haystack. This area is just so vast...seems do-able but it is a lot of ground to cover from Centereach to Bay Shore (Brentwood). There are a tremendous amount of strip malls, shopping centers, parking lots. She could really be anywhere.

I totally agree with the haystack. It's vast area just checking along the major roads, doesn't even take into account all the secondary roads. For all we know her car may not even be anywhere near a road she may have taken. I also agree it's do-able, but it's also going to be time consuming without having a bunch of people looking. The cell phone pings would certainly help narrow things down.

As far as parking lots go, I think the best way to cover them quicker would be to check them early in the morning before employees arrive and stores open. That would help eliminate the empty parking lots and with so few cars in the stalls, less need to drive up and down every aisle.

I checked SC Parks Dept website but did not find hours.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/24154.html
Found this

"A Suffolk County Green Key is required for entry into the park and a seasonal parking fee may apply."

"Restrictions: Although private boats are prohibited, the park does rent rowboats seasonally, usually from Memorial Day through Labor Day, call the park for further details. Additionally shoreline access is available and wading is permitted. The park is closed from dawn to dusk."
BBM
I think they have it backwards. It would make no sense for the park to be closed during daylight hours. I used to live in Hauppauge years ago and back then the park closed at dusk.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/24154.html
Found this

"A Suffolk County Green Key is required for entry into the park and a seasonal parking fee may apply."

"Restrictions: Although private boats are prohibited, the park does rent rowboats seasonally, usually from Memorial Day through Labor Day, call the park for further details. Additionally shoreline access is available and wading is permitted. The park is closed from dawn to dusk."
BBM
I think they have it backwards. It would make no sense for the park to be closed during daylight hours. I used to live in Hauppauge years ago and back then the park closed at dusk.

Pretty funny, IMO.

So what areas still need to be looked at?

The park and rides at both exits 53 and 58
The L.I.E. westbound from exit 62 (Nicolls Road) to exit 53 (Sagtikos and Wicks Road)
Wicks Road from the L.I.E. to Pine Aire Drive
Route 111 southbound from Rte 347 to Suffolk Avenue and Suffolk Avenue west to 5th Avenue. ( I do see this as an unlikely route due to the traffic lights and it being easier to take the L.I.E. to either Wicks or the Sag)
Sagtikos Parkway southbound between Crooked Hill Road and Pine Aire Drive exit
Of course the miles upon miles of parking lots around those routes

One other place to mention is Nicolls Road. On my way to Mama's I took Nicolls north to Middle Country Road. While it wasn't the southbound route, I did make sure to observe the southbound side. I can definitely say that there was no cars of any kind parked along the shoulder from Patchogue Holbrook Road to Middle Country. Due to it being winter and all the foliage gone, even though I was on the opposite side, I could easily through all treed areas. There was no sign of any cars in the trees. There were only two spots I didn't have a good enough view and that was around the Portion Road exit. The grade of the land slopes down at the exit.

I don't know. Possibilities??
1. Her normal shift ends at 10 pm on the days she works besides Friday. Mama's does close at 10pm Sun-Thu.
2. Her schedule is somewhat flexible that the manager allows her to leave at 10 pm because she has an 11 year old daughter at home?
3. After 10pm business dies down, so they don't need her to stay til closing. Friday night in a busy section of town, it's probably not likely, but maybe.
4. She had asked for a few days off, maybe she also asked to get off an hour early?
Get off an hour early, say, .....to meet someone?

i forgot to mention the surveillance cameras. As Droopy noted in the awesome posts, there are many many cameras. Unfortunately, most are pointed at the business entrance or parking lot. I checked several and none were aimed at the street, from what I could see.

OT Thanks, Mama Jojo. Wish I could do more.

So what areas still need to be looked at?

The park and rides at both exits 53 and 58
The L.I.E. westbound from exit 62 (Nicolls Road) to exit 53 (Sagtikos and Wicks Road)
Wicks Road from the L.I.E. to Pine Aire Drive
Route 111 southbound from Rte 347 to Suffolk Avenue and Suffolk Avenue west to 5th Avenue. ( I do see this as an unlikely route due to the traffic lights and it being easier to take the L.I.E. to either Wicks or the Sag)
Sagtikos Parkway southbound between Crooked Hill Road and Pine Aire Drive exit
Of course the miles upon miles of parking lots around those routes

One other place to mention is Nicolls Road. On my way to Mama's I took Nicolls north to Middle Country Road. While it wasn't the southbound route, I did make sure to observe the southbound side. I can definitely say that there was no cars of any kind parked along the shoulder from Patchogue Holbrook Road to Middle Country. Due to it being winter and all the foliage gone, even though I was on the opposite side, I could easily through all treed areas. There was no sign of any cars in the trees. There were only two spots I didn't have a good enough view and that was around the Portion Road exit. The grade of the land is slopes down at the exit.
train stations....good place to leave a car..especially Ronkonkoma train station

train stations....good place to leave a car..especially Ronkonkoma train station

Train stations were brought up in an earlier post. I'm not too familiar with how all stations operate. I only go into the city for a concert or Yankee stadium once in a while by train and have always used the Babylon line. If you park in the lot you need to feed the machine and if you park in some places away from the lot you have to feed a meter. Also some of those small lots aren't open to use 24 hours.

Are there any lots that you can park for free? How often do town enforcement patrol the lots? I know there have been a couple of times where I didn't get back to my car before the meter expired and never found a ticket on my window, but it we are only talking an hour or two after. Could a car be left in a train station this long without it being ticketed?

Train stations were brought up in an earlier post. I'm not too familiar with how all stations operate. I only go into the city for a concert or Yankee stadium once in a while by train and have always used the Babylon line. If you park in the lot you need to feed the machine and if you park in some places away from the lot you have to feed a meter. Also some of those small lots aren't open to use 24 hours.

Are there any lots that you can park for free? How often do town enforcement patrol the lots? I know there have been a couple of times where I didn't get back to my car before the meter expired and never found a ticket on my window, but it we are only talking an hour or two after. Could a car be left in a train station this long without it being ticketed?

I know Deer Park and Wyandanch stations are free parking. Very little patroling, if any.

Did anyone share the tip of the mystery person that deleted their Facebook?

Thanks MOFB....You were all over the place today.

I wonder why PD was back at her job? Maybe she has a locker there? Or PD was going to interview someone?

I wonder that myself especially due to pictures being taken. Could taking pictures indicate they have some kind of evidence that she didn't disappear voluntarily?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89
Back