NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another link to the story naming the foster mother: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...1-29_untitled__3missing29m.html#ixzz0e0Imoeux

Here's a snip ~ Patrick was last seen with his foster mother, Librada Moran, 58, in the lobby of the Spring Creek Development at 9p.m. Friday, police said. ~end snip~

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...1-29_untitled__3missing29m.html#ixzz0f9YoSAjq

This just isn't right. I have been thinking that LE has video of Patrick in the lobby. So, was the foster mom with him or not? Did she send Patrick out by himself to put the trash in the chute? A 7-year old could handle that and here at my house, I would have no problem sending him out with the trash by himself. Not sure I would feel the same way in an apartment building though.

Does the video (if there is video) show the foster mom in the lobby also?

Salem

ok i've been lurking, but i think the foster mom did send him out to the trash by himself and wasnt suppose to. i dunno. something about the birth mom bothers me though. i wont defend her either.

Here's another link to the story naming the foster mother: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...1-29_untitled__3missing29m.html#ixzz0e0Imoeux

Here's a snip ~ Patrick was last seen with his foster mother, Librada Moran, 58, in the lobby of the Spring Creek Development at 9p.m. Friday, police said. ~end snip~

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...1-29_untitled__3missing29m.html#ixzz0f9YoSAjq

This just isn't right. I have been thinking that LE has video of Patrick in the lobby. So, was the foster mom with him or not? Did she send Patrick out by himself to put the trash in the chute? A 7-year old could handle that and here at my house, I would have no problem sending him out with the trash by himself. Not sure I would feel the same way in an apartment building though.

Does the video (if there is video) show the foster mom in the lobby also?

Salem

:waitasec: confused...If they have a video last seen with Forster mom on that Friday...
then the building would also have a video of his last EXIT out of that building...
am I missing something???
OR was he with foster Mom in the lobby and he took out the trash, but did not come back right away...? and that was the last sighting....
It is snowing in NYC and and it is 32 degrees, a child can not survive these elements. Something tells me he is somewhere that is not OK :( I know about that neighborhood and all I can say is we need to pray for this boy.

to me everyone's a suspet. mom, foster mom, pedophiles and drug dealers in that area......everyone
cannot put all eggs in one basket and point fingers soley cause you hate one person more then the other

A still from the video at the last link from Texas. Presumably with his sister?

Alford_Patrick.jpg

Arguing is going to do absolutely nothing to find Patrick. Both the arguing here at WS, and the disagrements between ACS and LE.

I am so frustrated right now. An absolutely gorgeous and innocent boy is out there somewhere. He needs to be found. End of story.

Come home soon, Patrick.

He looks like such a happy kid. I am curious as to why they haven't said anything else about what was caught on video.

He looks like such a happy kid. I am curious as to why they haven't said anything else about what was caught on video.

well if it shows the foster mom is lying then i'd say 'coverup'

:waitasec: confused...If they have a video last seen with Forster mom on that Friday...
then the building would also have a video of his last EXIT out of that building...
am I missing something???
OR was he with foster Mom in the lobby and he took out the trash, but did not come back right away...? and that was the last sighting....
It is snowing in NYC and and it is 32 degrees, a child can not survive these elements. Something tells me he is somewhere that is not OK :( I know about that neighborhood and all I can say is we need to pray for this boy.

We don't know if there is a video. I am just speculating that there is because all the media reports say Patrick was last seen in the lobby. Just the way it keeps getting reported and the fact that so many apartment buildings have video now, make me think that there is probably a video. I could be completely wrong. I wish LE would tell us if they have video of Patrick leaving the building. It would be helpful to know.

Salem

Hey everyone, I just came by to see if anything new was posted. I see the questions about video from the lobby. There are no video cameras in the buildings for monitoring purposes. Some of the buildings here have video camera lock boxes that were installed but the video cameras were never put in them. There are rumors that certain buildings have hidden cameras due to narcotics investigations but that building doesn't have any cameras to my knowledge. `

LE has continued to search in Starrett City for Patrick. The mobile command unit is still in place in front of the foster mom's building. Police vans are driving through the neighborhood still making announcements about the search for Patrick. They have also gone door to door throughout the entire complex more than once and have investigated and searched in all areas of the buildings like the porter's rooms, laundry rooms and janitor's closets.

My personal opinion has changed alot in this case. In the beginning, after seeing Patrick's mom on TV I felt like she knew where he was. She was pretty calm. I, myself would have been screaming to anyone who was willing to listen, telling how my children were taken from me for claims of neglect and they lost my child within 3 weeks of taking him from me.
When Patrick's mom came out here and was across the street from foster mom's building talking with reporters and community members the detectives quickly came and picked her up to inform her that she was not allowed to be over here and if she came back they would lock her up. I have been having my own issues with an agency over a foster child and I see the way they work. My opinion is now that this mom really doesn't know where Patrick is and ACS is trying to shut her up and keep things quiet.
As for foster mom being kept so hidden and not in the public eye it does not surprise me at all. Starrett City knows how to keep things really quiet and out of the media. That way they don't lose any potential high income renters. This is they way it's been since I moved here at 5 years old. That was 27 years ago and they have only gotten better at it and have also been trying more and more to find reasons to evict low income families.

I have been lurking and I don't think I will make any more posts with this crowd because of the hostility.

Respectfully snipped.

I'm sorry you consider us to be hostile. I've always found Websleuths to be the least hostile place out there. By a long shot. We just like to make sure any information we get is *verified* and *factual*, and stay clear the heck away from rumors and hearsay.

My personal opinion has changed alot in this case. In the beginning, after seeing Patrick's mom on TV I felt like she knew where he was. She was pretty calm. I, myself would have been screaming to anyone who was willing to listen, telling how my children were taken from me for claims of neglect and they lost my child within 3 weeks of taking him from me.
When Patrick's mom came out here and was across the street from foster mom's building talking with reporters and community members the detectives quickly came and picked her up to inform her that she was not allowed to be over here and if she came back they would lock her up. I have been having my own issues with an agency over a foster child and I see the way they work. My opinion is now that this mom really doesn't know where Patrick is and ACS is trying to shut her up and keep things quiet.
As for foster mom being kept so hidden and not in the public eye it does not surprise me at all. Starrett City knows how to keep things really quiet and out of the media. That way they don't lose any potential high income renters. This is they way it's been since I moved here at 5 years old. That was 27 years ago and they have only gotten better at it and have also been trying more and more to find reasons to evict low income families.

Just wondering...if a kid threatens to run away and go find his mom - how many would send him out with the trash??
I would keep him close to me at all times., something here is not right, who send a kid that tells you he is going to run away out by himself ?????:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Starrett City has more then 40 high rise buildings and almost 6000 tenants. there is no high income in there..
They do have government subsidized, and rent regulated tenants...few apartments are free market and
in that area it is not high rents....
But the owners would have very deep pockets ($$$ Use the power of pay offs) and know how to keep publicity out for the purpose of keeping tenants in and vacancies rent-able.
I know they tried to start selling...not sure they even started that.....

Social services also Knows how to keep the media away so they do not get investigated.

Many of those buildings don't have cameras because they would be stolen and soled within an hour....
I am sick of this BS it seems to be a priority to keep chit quiet because the authorities gave the boy
to whomever lost him. :furious:

Hi ladymay and welcome to Websleuths. We appreciate your information.

If you are going to post as someone close to the case or with inside knowledge, you need to email the owner of Websleuths and let her know who you are. You can email her here: Tricia Griffith
tgrif@xmission.com

It would be nice to have a little more information on what is happening here and I look forward to anything else you are comfortable sharing with us. Thank you!

Salem

Just bumping my post to remind ladymay to contact Tricia and let her know that she knows people involved with this case.

Thanks ladymay. It is a painless process. Tricia will ask a few questions and then let us know the scoop. We really do appreciate your participation.

Salem

Peeps--

Please remember that if you see a problematic post, the only appropriate way to handle it is to hit the alert button (red triangle in the upper right corner of each post).

Please do not reply to a problematic post. That just causes more difficulties for the moderators.

Thank you so much for your care for Patrick and for participating at WS.

Hoppy

Starrett City is HUGE. It is the largest federally subsidized community in the U.S. It is a small city in and of itself and I would not be surprised if poor Patrick is not still on site somewhere. Most of the residents are on gov't assistance of some kind and management is not exactly pro-active about keeping the place clean, providing appropriate maintenance for the apts, providing utilities like they should, calling security, etc - basically managment takes advantage of the fact the people living there don't really have much of a choice due to being in a low income bracket. Most of the residents believe this is because SC was sold in 2008 to a private investment group who offered to pay well over the amt it was worth prompting city and federal govt's to enact legislation to protect the residents from un-affordable rent increases so the new mgmt has been very lax in hopes of driving current residents out so they can get new ones in who are not covered under the legislation.

I cannot find any statistics on crime in Starrett but from what I have heard and read from residents is that drug and gang activity is prevelant and it is common to have large groups of teenagers hanging outside probably selling drugs and getting themselves into trouble. Because of this I would venture to consider the idea that IF Patrick did actually take the trash out himself he could have fell victim to a resident(s). Along that same train of thought I started thinking about how badly he wanted out of there and began to wonder if maybe Patrick was not having problems with being bullied and he was scared which contributed to his desperation to leave.

I am just throwing out ideas - I am not arguing for or against the mothers and/or foster mothers involvement. It is MOST likely one of those 2 are involved but there is always the possibility something else happened to little Patrick.

I just wanted to let you all know that 2 detectives just left my home. They were looking for Patrick, as they have been doing since the first night. They did a "search" with my permission and just left.

One of the detectives told me that they are not going to give up until they find him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper