NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Random thought... If nobody else saw Patrick when he was taking out the trash or leaving the building, why do I get the feeling that LE has more or less just taken foster mom's word that he ran off ? Everybody in that household plus their friends and relatives should be closely scrutinized. We know that mom took a polygraph, any idea if the foster parents were tested ? I'm not saying that they did anything, but someone they know definitely could have.
Hi Chicky, I know im late to this but I was thinking the same thing, anyone know if step mom took poly?

Hi Chicky, I know im late to this but I was thinking the same thing, anyone know if step mom took poly?

His biological mom took and passed a polygraph. I can't recall anything about his foster mom taking one. If she did, we have not heard about it that I can remember (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't think the foster mom took a poly if so it wasn't posted. They were so stuck on trying to pin this on the mom they didn't look at anyone else. Patricks case is a perfect example of why LE should not get tunnel vision,

I think about this case often. This child did not just vanish in thin air. I can not believe it's been this long with NOTHING.

Praying for you Patrick.

:innocent::innocent:Poor Patrick. I agree with those who say this is race/class related. Patrick is not getting the same publicity as other missing kids because he is black/latino and grew up in a lower socioeconomic environment. Also because he was a foster child. I feel like people think foster kids or runaways are a lost cause because "nobody cared about them enough to keep them, so why should we"----terrible it may seem, but I think that as a society--this is a subconcious thought.

Patrick you matter!

- A New Brighton mom whose 7-year-old son went missing from a foster home in January has reportedly filed a federal lawsuit against the city. http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?...sappears from foster home | SILive.com&src=sp

Jennifer Rodriguez, 22, said during a press conference today the Administration for Children's Services was responsible for putting her son into an unfit home instead of with the boy's relatives, according to a report in the New York Post.
"She's trying to get some answers as to how her son went missing," said Robert Osuna, her attorney, according to the report.

http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2010/10/new_brighton_mom_reportedly_su.html

- A New Brighton mom whose 7-year-old son went missing from a foster home in January has reportedly filed a federal lawsuit against the city. http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?...sappears from foster home | SILive.com&src=sp

Jennifer Rodriguez, 22, said during a press conference today the Administration for Children's Services was responsible for putting her son into an unfit home instead of with the boy's relatives, according to a report in the New York Post.
"She's trying to get some answers as to how her son went missing," said Robert Osuna, her attorney, according to the report.

http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2010/10/new_brighton_mom_reportedly_su.html

I knew a lawsuit was coming but I'm not sure what she's expecting from a federal court.

I figured the bio mom would sue child services for negligence, which of course begs the question of why Patrick went there to begin with, i.e. bio mom's legal problems.

all that aside, there are a few obstacles in her path before she can see any $$$.

if her beef is the fact a judge placed Patrick under the care of the system, as far as I know there is something called judicial immunity that means the judge (and the court system) is not liable for the decisions made in court. so she cannot collect money because the judge "made the wrong decision".

if her beef is that the foster mother lost track of Patrick, then the question becomes should child services have entrusted her with Patrick. it has been claimed by child services that this woman had been a foster mother for like 20 years without incident. IF THAT IS TRUE, and I have no idea if it is, then how would child services be negligent for using her? ordinarily negligence would be just the opposite - entrusting a child with a newbie, someone whose background was not properly checked, or someone who had a questionable track record with placements.

by filing a federal action, I am assuming bio mom is claiming that the placement of Patrick in the system deprived her of some constitutional right of parenthood. the problem with that (if that is the crux of her suit) is that she seemingly had due process of law, i.e. she had notice of the intended action and she had the opportunity to be heard. that she lost is not by itself a basis for a civil rights action.

has anyone checked to see if BM has ties to the gang involvement? I know that occasionally gang "families" will watch each othere backs.. and not say 2 words about anything. Most city kids are pretty street savvy and if he grew up in a more rundown section of town they seem to be savvier earlier. Just throwing my 2 cents in :)

has anyone checked to see if BM has ties to the gang involvement? I know that occasionally gang "families" will watch each othere backs.. and not say 2 words about anything. Most city kids are pretty street savvy and if he grew up in a more rundown section of town they seem to be savvier earlier. Just throwing my 2 cents in :)

I don't recall hearing anything about Patrick's mother being involved with any gangs. Drugs? Yes. But I can't remember anything being said about any gangs. But we do think that Patrick was likely street-smart. Yes still only 7 years old.

Mother of missing foster boy files lawsuit

It has been nearly nine months since little Patrick Alford disappeared.

His picture has been plastered around in fliers.

Now, there is a renewed effort to find him.

"I want my son found. I want my son found. If this is what needs to be done, this is what is going to happen," said Jennifer Rodriguez, Patrick's mother.

Jennifer Rodriguez is now filing a federal lawsuit against New York City, the Administration for Children's Services, a foster mother, and the apartment complex on behalf of her son Patrick, in her latest desperate effort to find him.

"Lawsuits provide answers. Let everyone involved come forward and give testimony under oath, what they know, what information they have as to where Patrick Alford is and how he went missing," said Robert Osuna, an attorney.

More: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7720757

S.I. Mom Files Suit Against NYC In Son’s Disappearance

A Staten Island mother continued her relentless crusade for her missing 7-year-old son Tuesday.

Young Patrick Alford, hasn’t been seen since running away from his Brooklyn foster home in January.

[snip]

Rodriguez’s lawyer noted the NYPD was not named in the lawsuit and that the police department had been cooperative. Instead, the lawyer said, the action was aimed at Child Welfare Services and the foster mother.

More: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/10/12/mom-to-sue-nyc-after-son-goes-missing/

Staten Island mom sues Children's Services over missing son Patrick Alford

A Staten Island mom Tuesday sued the city Administration for Children's Services and a foster parent for failing to protect her son, who has been missing since January.

[snip]

The suit, filed in Brooklyn Federal Court, claims the homesick child had threatened to kill himself and should have been under close supervision. Instead, ACS placed Patrick with Moran even though she spoke little English and he spoke no Spanish.

[snip]

Moran has not been removed from the list of approved foster families, an ACS official said. However, she has not been given any additional foster children, said a source familiar with the case.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local..._sues_acs_over_missing_son.html#ixzz12IpLYnvy

A Staten Island mom Tuesday sued the city Administration for Children's Services and a foster parent for failing to protect her son, who has been missing since January.

[snip]

The suit, filed in Brooklyn Federal Court, claims the homesick child had threatened to kill himself and should have been under close supervision. Instead, ACS placed Patrick with Moran even though she spoke little English and he spoke no Spanish.

[snip]

Moran has not been removed from the list of approved foster families, an ACS official said. However, she has not been given any additional foster children, said a source familiar with the case.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/10/13/2010-10-13_si_ma_sues_acs_over_missing_son.html

I see Jennifer's point.

1. Yes, they should have placed him with family---IF family members were found capable of caring for him.

2. Yes, Patrick should have been placed with someone who spoke English (that is actually crazy that they placed him with someone that spoke little English, and he spoke no Spanish)

I am still not letting Jennifer off the hook for leading a life that lead to this mess, BUT I will say that CPS/DSS had a HUGE role in his disappearance. Surprise surprise!

[snip]

[snip]

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local..._sues_acs_over_missing_son.html#ixzz12IpLYnvy

I think bio mom has one small problem and it is called the Eleventh Amendment, but who knows?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck
Back