NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh Patrick, where are you hunny? I wish we could get an update - Something, ANYTHING. I've e-mailed my local news station here in Florida, I hope to hear something back..

This is one of the many reasons why I joined Websleuths..Even if the stories have vanished from the news, you guys never forget! :blowkiss:

By the way, do you know Patrick or just touched like me?

patrick_alford_vigil227d54b2-cc86-4075-9f4e-501f903dd41a.jpg

http://statenisland.ny1.com/content...rays-for-return-of-missing-seven-year-old-boy

I'm not a praying person, but for Patrick's sake, I will send one up.

RubyRed: Thanks for the update in the NY paper, though certainly not what we wanted to hear. But I noticed that the 3rd poster was very sure Patrick was still alive and living with a former foster parent. I'm ready to grab at any chance and hope LE saw it and is checking it out. Thanks so much for sharing that news.
And mommy xox, you did check in just in time for an update! Sorry I thought you were new, I saw just a few posts and missed thst you've been a member since 2008. A NEWBIE MISTAKE!!!! So sorry, my bad.

Oh Patrick, where are you hunny? I wish we could get an update - Something, ANYTHING. I've e-mailed my local news station here in Florida, I hope to hear something back..

This is one of the many reasons why I joined Websleuths..Even if the stories have vanished from the news, you guys never forget! :blowkiss:

mommy xox -- any word back on the email you sent to your local news station?

Another prayer that Patrick's Quardian Angel is staying close until someone gets lucky and finds him!:angel2:

A 13 year old girl went missing from the same building as Patrick on either Tuesday or Wednesday. I have searched for info but cannot find any. From what I have learned, I believe her name is Jennifer Tineo and she lives on the 12th floor of the building. If anyone can find any info please post it, I will continue to try to gain some info about this girl. In the meantime, I will be praying for her and Patrick.

So many missing, more kids every day. It's so hard to keep any particular one in a place to be noticed, especially those in foster care.

A Staten Island mom's anguish: 'A part of me is missing'

Jennifer Rodriguez can’t speak without welling up.

The mere mention of “Patrick” — his name is tattooed on her left arm — causes teardrops to tumble from her eyes and down her cheeks.

It’s the face of a mother who has no idea where her little boy is — or has been — for the past seven months and counting.

[snip]

Jennifer has been jailed three times since. Cops have also busted down family members’ doors searching for the missing boy.

When she got out last week on a probation violation over, among other charges, the shoplifting incident back in December, a detective told her the “real” reason she’s been locked up is because “they wanted me there.”

[snip]

“You neglected my son,” she insists. “You promised me that my son was going to be safe. You took my son, put him in a stranger’s house, and that stranger neglected my son by leaving him alone.”

[snip]

Nothing is okay here in Jennifer’s apartment. She sits on her bed staring at pictures of her missing son wearing frustration, sadness and rage on her face instead of makeup. The relentless swell of tears is genuine.

A portrait of a mother’s life shattered.

“I feel like I’m never going to be okay,” Jennifer says, “until my son comes home.”

The NYPD and Crime Stoppers are offering $12,000 for information leading to the youngster’s whereabouts. Anyone with information regarding Patrick Alford may contact police at 212-694-7781, Detective Borough Brooklyn at 718-287-3239, or 800-577-TIPS. Those calling the Crime Stoppers tips line should refer to Crime Stoppers Poster Number BK-1726.

http://blog.silive.com/around_the_b..._mothers_anguish_a_part_of_me_is_missing.html

VIDEO AT LINK

ETA: Direct link to video: http://tribeca.vidavee.com/advance/doc/E300B7A3C66E5C49DD52577F61D58782?AF_deliveryChannel=play

This is so freaking sad. I wear sometimes I get so angry at the world I want to scream. Yes Jennifer screwed up but no one should have to go through this.
A Staten Island mom's anguish: 'A part of me is missing'

Jennifer Rodriguez can’t speak without welling up.

The mere mention of “Patrick” — his name is tattooed on her left arm — causes teardrops to tumble from her eyes and down her cheeks.

It’s the face of a mother who has no idea where her little boy is — or has been — for the past seven months and counting.

[snip]

Jennifer has been jailed three times since. Cops have also busted down family members’ doors searching for the missing boy.

When she got out last week on a probation violation over, among other charges, the shoplifting incident back in December, a detective told her the “real” reason she’s been locked up is because “they wanted me there.”

[snip]

“You neglected my son,” she insists. “You promised me that my son was going to be safe. You took my son, put him in a stranger’s house, and that stranger neglected my son by leaving him alone.”

[snip]

Nothing is okay here in Jennifer’s apartment. She sits on her bed staring at pictures of her missing son wearing frustration, sadness and rage on her face instead of makeup. The relentless swell of tears is genuine.

A portrait of a mother’s life shattered.

“I feel like I’m never going to be okay,” Jennifer says, “until my son comes home.”

The NYPD and Crime Stoppers are offering $12,000 for information leading to the youngster’s whereabouts. Anyone with information regarding Patrick Alford may contact police at 212-694-7781, Detective Borough Brooklyn at 718-287-3239, or 800-577-TIPS. Those calling the Crime Stoppers tips line should refer to Crime Stoppers Poster Number BK-1726.

http://blog.silive.com/around_the_b..._mothers_anguish_a_part_of_me_is_missing.html

VIDEO AT LINK

ETA: Direct link to video: http://tribeca.vidavee.com/advance/doc/E300B7A3C66E5C49DD52577F61D58782?AF_deliveryChannel=play

From the most recent article posted above ( http://blog.silive.com/around_the_b..._mothers_anguish_a_part_of_me_is_missing.html )

“They say they believe strongly that I have something to do with his disappearance,” Jennifer says. “There’s no way that me or anybody in my family have anything to do with the disappearance of my son. I think they’re using bad judgment.”
I think they're using bad judgment, too. How can locking her up help, even if she is responsible? They have searched for Patrick at her home and at other family members' places. They haven't found him in 7 months of searching there. I sincerely hope that Jennifer is great at moving Patrick from place to place and not getting caught. Because he would be alive. But I'm just not seeing it. And if they really think that she is hiding him, why keep her locked up??? Let her free and see where she goes. She will eventually go to him. But not when she knows that you keep watching her.

I just can't believe they're still focusing on her after 7 months.

I read this comment left in response to the article linked in the most recent posts above.

It struck me as a "matter of fact" statement, but not most likely not necessarily someone with direct knowledge.

Any thoughts???

02/28/2010 10:13 AM- comment. About the possibility Patrick is alive and well with someone who knew him from one of his foster families.....

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/new_etan_fear_xYYOQsYDPSYhEPmGnrsAjJ

I read this comment left in response to the article linked in the most recent posts above.

It struck me as a "matter of fact" statement, but not most likely not necessarily someone with direct knowledge.

Any thoughts???

02/28/2010 10:13 AM- comment. About the possibility Patrick is alive and well with someone who knew him from one of his foster families.....

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/new_etan_fear_xYYOQsYDPSYhEPmGnrsAjJ

I certainly hope it's true. But that's all I can do at this point. I will hope for any angle that keeps Patrick alive. I don't think it's someone who "knows", though. The way they wrote it makes it sound that way, but I don't think they do. You never know, though...

Isn't it time for a break, even a little clue, in Patick's case for him and his family? I too hope this
'foster parent' exists and has him safe.

:angel2: Watch over him.

Thanks to all who help keep Patrick's name and story up there. I used to stop on this site everyday to check for news and BUMP. I'm doing hospice now for a close friend and am often too tired to post.

Watch over him. :angel2:

I think about this little guy every so often, but sadly, no good news. I just hope he is safe (?)

His mother blames everyone but herself. It was her behavior that landed Patrick in foster care to begin with. Patrick has paid the ultimate price :(

I think about this little guy every so often, but sadly, no good news. I just hope he is safe (?)

His mother blames everyone but herself. It was her behavior that landed Patrick in foster care to begin with. Patrick has paid the ultimate price :(

You're not supposed to lose your kids for shoplifting. I've seen no evidence that he was abused or neglected plus there were family members that wanted him. Foster care is supposed to be a last resort, the state failed this child and the foster mom lost him. He wasn't missing until they took him from his mother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth
Back