NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Poor Patrick. Too bad more people do not care about him. I always check for updates here.

148105_550386349626_44500834_32036389_4553633_s.jpg

Where are you, buddy?!?

:bump:

I guess we're in another one of those slow periods. Patrick always seems to get a story once every few months that carries us for a few days. Then he drops off again. :( Wish there was more.

Judge orders city, ACS to ID case workers who monitored still-missing boy, 7

A federal judge today ordered New York City and its child welfare agency to identify case workers involved in monitoring a 7-year-old boy who disappeared last year from a foster home and has never been found.

The boy's mother, Jennifer Rodriguez, had filed suit against the city and its child welfare agency last fall, saying they failed to properly care for the boy and ignored complaints about his substandard foster care.

Judge John Gleeson in Brooklyn federal court threw out the suit against the city and its Administration for Children's Services agency, but ruled that Rodriguez now can bring a new lawsuit against individual workers from ACS and St. Vincent's Services, whom she blames for not supervising her boy's foster care.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/..._missing_qnYKnYc0Q2zvGZRmB4kW7O#ixzz1HI3DBWIL

Is this judge setting a precedent in this ruling ? Calling out the caseworkers now instead of the system as a whole to be sued ? Maybe some will take note now and get of their arse and do their job in protecting these children......

My prayers are with Patrick wherever he may be

Interesting. Kind of figured the suit against the city would get thrown out. And the one against the apartment complex (which was also tossed). I really don't think anything will come of the case against individual workers, either. But it will probably make it farther than her other cases. But I do agree that suing individual workers that may be responsible is better than suing the whole system.

I've been away from this thread for a while. actually sadly it's because there has been little to no news.

the article does not say why the case was tossed against the city and child services but it probably was based on 11th Amendment grounds which were discussed earlier in this thread.

as for allowing suits against individuals, again this is quirky federal court rules. as far as I know, and I am not an expert in this, the 11th Amendment protects state government (and presumably state agencies) from having to defend federal suits. I do not think the 11th Amendment provides personal immunity to people. so these people may have to defend themselves in federal court for things they did as employees of the state (or agencies) so long as the state or the agency is not a named defendant.

(does this make any sense? not really.)

in the end, most public employees are eventually indemnified by their employer so if bio-mom succeeds on the merits, i.e. proves her case to the satisfaction of a judge and jury, then any verdicts entered against the employees will probably be paid by their employers.

I hope this is true!!!

Missing Boy: NYC police believe missing boy may be in Cleveland-area

[snip]

A tip was received through The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children of a possible sighting in Cuyahoga County, Cleveland.

http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=14297856

Missing 8-year-old boy from New York may be in Cleveland

The New York City Police Department is asking for assistance in finding a missing 8-year-old boy who has been missing for more than a year

[snip]

Police received a tip through the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children that he may have been spotted in Cleveland.

More: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...ear-old-boy-from-new-york-may-be-in-cleveland

Judge orders city, ACS to ID case workers who monitored still-missing boy, 7

A federal judge today ordered New York City and its child welfare agency to identify case workers involved in monitoring a 7-year-old boy who disappeared last year from a foster home and has never been found.

[snip]

Judge John Gleeson in Brooklyn federal court threw out the suit against the city and its Administration for Children's Services agency, but ruled that Rodriguez now can bring a new lawsuit against individual workers from ACS and St. Vincent's Services, whom she blames for not supervising her boy's foster care.

Now...why would Patrick be in Cleveland? Does he have any known family in the area that could be hiding him? I have a feeling if there was known family, they would have checked there before releasing the info to the media. Also, I checked the threads for previous mentions of Cleveland or Ohio as places they were looking, and found nothing. I have a hard time with a stranger abduction taking a child in New York and going to Ohio, too. So, although I'm hoping that this is Patrick, and he is safe and waiting to be found in Cleveland, I don't think it's likely. But the fact that they didn't dismiss the sighting is positive.

Oh how I hope it's Patrick!

Could any distant relatives in OH have been overlooked... say... a 2nd or 3rd cousin? I have a few distant cousins in other states that I don't usually speak to except for family reunions, but I know if I needed to stash my kid (like If I told them CPS was trying to take him away after I screwed up and called them when I shouldn't have or if there was something strange going on where I just needed him away from where he was) I know at least one who would definitely help out and take the child, the others may... but it would depend on how I was acting...

the real question to me is not how Patrick got to Cleveland (if in fact it is him) but how would someone in Cleveland know about this missing child from Brooklyn and call a national hotline?

the poor kid gets little news coverage as it is in NYC and I find it unusual that someone that far away would call in a possible sighting. that having been said, I'm glad a concerned citizen called it in but I have my doubts on this. I hope I am wrong for Patrick's sake.

the real question to me is not how Patrick got to Cleveland (if in fact it is him) but how would someone in Cleveland know about this missing child from Brooklyn and call a national hotline?

the poor kid gets little news coverage as it is in NYC and I find it unusual that someone that far away would call in a possible sighting. that having been said, I'm glad a concerned citizen called it in but I have my doubts on this. I hope I am wrong for Patrick's sake.

Well, I'm in Washington state and have heard of Patrick. But I'll take myself and the rest of us out of the equation simply because we're Websleuthers.

He's been on Nancy Grace. He's been on America's Most Wanted. He's on NCMEC, which means his poster could be put up in WalMart stores across the country. He MAY have family in the area we don't know about, so LE had someone distribute posters in the area. Yes, the media coverage has been lacking, but there's always those people who do pay attention and ways for children to be seen.

That being said, I have my doubts too. But I'm hoping.

Used to follow Patrick's :angel2: case regularly, but have been primary hospice caretaker
for close friend for months with no time to myself. A relief caretaker is here this week so thought I'd check in.
Hope and pray there is some truth to this lead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back