NY - Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, murdered, 1993-94, John Biltroff *GUILTY* - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yesterday was again: Adjourned/remanded.

Next Trials section date is 8/19/2016 so it seems to be picking up a little again?

Zero claims Bittrolff worked on someones house in Oak Beach. Does he have connections to any OB residents? Could Bittrolff be the LISK? I highly doubt he just stopped killing 20 years ago

Zero claims Bittrolff worked on someones house in Oak Beach. Does he have connections to any OB residents? Could Bittrolff be the LISK? I highly doubt he just stopped killing 20 years ago

Dunno, but I personally wouldn't be surprised if he was connected to some of the victims that are part of the LISK umbrella in Manorville and Gilgo Beach (separate from the LISK 4 grouping imo)

Dunno, but I personally wouldn't be surprised if he was connected to some of the victims that are part of the LISK umbrella in Manorville and Gilgo Beach (separate from the LISK 4 grouping imo)

Why do you think he could not be responsible for the murder of the four women found on gilgo beach?

Why do you think he could not be responsible for the murder of the four women found on gilgo beach?

Really no good reason, except he strikes me as someone who was a bit more scattered - although we've heard there were wood chips near or on (or in?) the three victims he's linked to, they were all left in different places. Of course it's true that his M.O. could and probably did change over time, so hopefully he's not being ruled out for those deaths just based on that, but with his family and all it just seems more risky for him to keep revisiting the same small area of Gilgo where he'd buried the others to "arrange" the women. It's just a feeling that I have and I agree, I could be totally wrong. I just see him as being more likely to be responsible for the victims who were scattered around Manorville and Gilgo etc. rather than grouped.

I never heard that D. Only know the name because of Vision Ministries Open Arms. I wonder if there is a connection between the home for wayward girls mentioned in the call to Mari (that came from Jersey?) and Vision Ministries Open Arms.

"We are a faith based ministry who wants to provide a safe loving home for these girls. We will help them to grow in faith by teaching them the love of God. By doing so they will regain self respect and confidence in themselves and trust in God. These women are in threat of being homeless or are in fact already homeless. Some even contemplate suicide, some even turn to prostitution and some think abortion is the only answer. We will not force anyone to go to church or Bible study, the choice will be theirs. But we will pray with them and let them know they can attend when they are ready."

http://www.rjdwebdesign.com/visionministries/index.html

I don't see the use of the phrase "home for wayward girls" on their site. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Are you joking? You really think this ministry used the exact phrase "home for wayward girls"?
"The purpose of Vision Ministries - Open Arms is to create a home for young pregnant women and young women with children."

Are you joking? You really think this ministry used the exact phrase "home for wayward girls"?
"The purpose of Vision Ministries - Open Arms is to create a home for young pregnant women and young women with children."

No, I'm not. On another thread someone suggested they had. So that is why I asked. I thought it unlikely but want to check.

"Another LI serial killer (tho apparently not THE LISK) has been connected to exactly that -- a home for wayward girls. Yeah, it's Victorian phrasing but of course such places still exist, for unmarried pregnant women. Or halfway houses or private rehabs. "

This comment by Adelph triggered my question.

Stop the back and forth bickering in this thread. If you can't post respectfully please wait until you can.

We're here to discuss a case and exchange ideas. Rude or bickering posts will be removed.

:wave:

J. Bittrolff was 48 when he was arrested in 2014 for the murders he commited 20 yrs. earlier. Two women were killed in upstate NY in the 80s. Someone gave a sketch artist a description of a stranger in the area. The sketch looks like J Bittrolff. It looks like the picture Spota held up of him during a press conference when he was much younger.

J. Bittrolff was 48 when he was arrested in 2014 for the 9murders he commited 20 yrs. earlier. Two women were killed in upstate NY in the 80s. Someone gave a sketch artist a description of a stranger in the area. The sketch looks like J Bittrolff. It looks like the picture Spota held up of him during a press conference when he was much younger.

Can't you give some links that contain the sketch?

Can't you give some links that contain the sketch?
Im going to clarify my post. Two women went missing OR two women were found dead. I cant remember which one. Upstate NY. I remembered coming across the story when Spota showed a picture of Bittrolff when he was in his 20s. I looked under different sites and could not find it.

Im going to clarify my post. Two women went missing OR two women were found dead. I cant remember which one. Upstate NY. I remembered coming across the story when Spota showed a picture of Bittrolff when he was in his 20s. I looked under different sites and could not find it.

I remember this, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guy in that pic is bittrolffs brother. That's his pic from an arrest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back