NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight there are many thought provoking posts. Over the last 3 weeks I've been on one side of the fence and then the other. Seems I too am still unable to come down firmly on where I think the known facts are pointing - maybe because there are few known facts.

One aspect I keep pondering on is RM's red car parked at the train station. It was reported to be found there on the next day (which would be Saturday). I've not read if it was located because there was a local BOLO for the car, someone saw it and called police. Or, was it left over night and someone monitoring the lot noted it had been there since Friday afternoon? Does the parking area allow vehicles to be left overnight? I have no idea. Being reportedly parked relatively near the ticket/entrance, there seems a possibility that someone (coming or going) saw the car/driver - yet no one has come forward as we know. Though there are many possibilities, I guess at this point I am leaning toward the notion that RM drove and parked the car at the station.

Another area of pondering for me is the statement that "his phone went dead at 2:50" (I think that was the quote). What does that mean? Does it mean someone tried to call and got a message it was not in service? Or was that the time of the final ping on that phone? Does anyone have an understanding on how that time was determined. If a cell battery is removed, it takes the phone off the grid so to speak. The time stated would have him about 10 minutes from his "usual time for getting home". Do others understand this "phone went dead" to mean that no additional pings have come from that phone since June 14th? If so, to me that is saying that the phone was purposefully altered to stop it from being an electronic tracker. There is just so much that is not clear. I feel for his family & friends and hope he is located soon.

Tonight there are many thought provoking posts. Over the last 3 weeks I've been on one side of the fence and then the other. Seems I too am still unable to come down firmly on where I think the known facts are pointing - maybe because there are few known facts.

One aspect I keep pondering on is RM's red car parked at the train station. It was reported to be found there on the next day (which would be Saturday). I've not read if it was located because there was a local BOLO for the car, someone saw it and called police. Or, was it left over night and someone monitoring the lot noted it had been there since Friday afternoon? Does the parking area allow vehicles to be left overnight? I have no idea. Being reportedly parked relatively near the ticket/entrance, there seems a possibility that someone (coming or going) saw the car/driver - yet no one has come forward as we know. Though there are many possibilities, I guess at this point I am leaning toward the notion that RM drove and parked the car at the station.

Another area of pondering for me is the statement that "his phone went dead at 2:50" (I think that was the quote). What does that mean? Does it mean someone tried to call and got a message it was not in service? Or was that the time of the final ping on that phone? Does anyone have an understanding on how that time was determined. If a cell battery is removed, it takes the phone off the grid so to speak. The time stated would have him about 10 minutes from his "usual time for getting home". Do others understand this "phone went dead" to mean that no additional pings have come from that phone since June 14th? If so, to me that is saying that the phone was purposefully altered to stop it from being an electronic tracker. There is just so much that is not clear. I feel for his family & friends and hope he is located soon.

BBM, that is how I take that statement to mean

the car was found by his son the folllwing day the wife told the sun to look at the train station

did the jobsite have anykind of security to protect the site that might have seen rob that day

so they can tell us about who they hired as far as security any new employees recently added to the jobsite and if they made normal patrols on foot or in a vechile

I'm sure LE must know by now, but I'd like to know if either Robert or Ida have a criminal background, and if so what type. A thorough search that includes a maiden name should be done, imo.

I'd like to know how their finances are. Were they getting along previously? How was their marriage at that time? Any life insurance policies? Did either have enemies we or even LE doesn't know about? No judgment here. But, at the risk of defensiveness from people close to the Mayers and people who empathize with each of them, I think questions like this need to be asked and researched thoroughly.

How was he getting along with his boss? His coworkers? Could he have given someone from Brooklyn a ride out to the island?

Oh, and I take the phone being reported as dead to correspond with the time when Ida stated (on fb, or news 12, IIRCC) she could no longer reach Robert by phone because she said it would only go to voicemail and also when the last ping reportedly occurred. But, I can't be sure of this either.

Does anyone have a link to msm indicating Ida spoke for 45 minutes at 9am on the day Robert disappeared? If this I true, then like Talula, that's odd on all levels. I wonder if the night before Robert disappeared Ida and Robert had a problem that needed to still be talked out on Friday morning, if in fact they were on the phone for that long. In this video, right off the bat, Ida begins to say, "...It was at this time two weeks ago that we were talking "out"/about our plans to Italy...". Freudian slip? Or nothing?

http://commack.patch.com/groups/around-town/p/week-in-review-search-continues-for-robert-mayer

Like someone stated earlier that if all the circumstances were the same, but the wife went missing, we would be looking into this differently. If I had to take a guess, I would say that at the least, Ida may have been holding back that there was a problem between her and Robert or involving something about them, and that if she told LE and the public she might be afraid that people wouldn't look for Robert because they would have assumed he left on his own. The possibilities are many, and I'm still on the fence about every possible scenario.

I def think past criminal issues are something u have to look futher into we could have a revenge factor and I feel wee seen this before money is the root off all evil im not sayin I think this is what happened but u have to look at all angles here we seen it before what I find odd is the tickets to Italy the nite before then he leaves his wallet and vanishes

I def think past criminal issues are something u have to look futher into we could have a revenge factor and I feel wee seen this before money is the root off all evil im not sayin I think this is what happened but u have to look at all angles here we seen it before what I find odd is the tickets to Italy the nite before then he leaves his wallet and vanishes

What about tickets to Italy?

Are there links to both the 45 minute morning convo between RM and his wife and the booking of a trip to Italy the night before?

the tickets were bought the night before he vanished then plan a big trip to another country the nite before less than 24 hours hes gone without id maybe he just didnt want to go to Italy then his son goes out looking for his dad the mom says chk the train station and boom car found how ever don't believe on the son finding the vechile ask ida personally im sure she will tell u shes been very good with answering questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez