NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is.....I wonder if Ida and/or Rob's Mom and sister have been approached by a tv show to investigate and make a documentary ?

What could have happened to him? I was so sure he’d be found, and yet here we are, 8 years later, with no more information than at the beginning.

Curious right ?? When the drug abuse came out (finally) I thought he had gone to long term rehab. I never had the sense that he had died only that he left and Ida knew where and why he was gone....all still MOO

I think I missed the drug abuse, but it doesn’t surprise me, because it’s everywhere. And that still only slightly narrows the possibilities down, right? And surely she (Ida) knew about the drugs…

I just re-read an article from 7 years ago about Rob Mayer’s disappearance and re-aquainted myself with some of the details, but I don’t remember ever knowing that his mom said that he had a shotgun that was missing. If true, that surely is a key. But why then haven’t they found him? Did he use it on himself? Or did he sell it for drug money?

I think Rob's mom mentioned the shotgun in the Mary Murphy interview. I wonder too if Ida's believes he is dead, then why hasn't she declared him dead ????

Just randomly thought of this case and had no idea he hasn't been found yet. Sad. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Pine Barrens have been combed at all? Whether it was a suicide or a homicide, the only somewhat feasible way to hide a body on LI would probably be in that area. If he did in fact hop on the train, could he have taken it out there. Depending on the part of the preserves, it could be walking distance from Riverhead Station or Yaphank.

Good questions !! IIRC Ida was never forthcoming/shared information with the public about the result of any searches. What I find odd is that she believes him dead...has said this in a talk she did in 2019 yet Rob hasn't been declared dead

Cops: Skeletal remains found near Riverhead school

Skeletal remains were found Thursday near St. John Paul II Regional School on Mercy Avenue in Riverhead, according to Suffolk County police.

Homicide Squad detectives, K-9 units, members of the Suffolk County Crime Laboratory and Riverhead police are on the scene investigating the discovery Thursday afternoon.

The area the remains were found is very close to the Riverhead train station. I could see him having hopped on the train that day and riding out there. Hopefully we get an update on this very soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back