NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few things that nag at me...
1) it has been said that RM may have been a bit late to work, however, IM Has said that he left very early (4:30 or 5:00 am) so she did not see him that morning. When do union electricians usually start their day? It takes about an hour to get to brooklyn from dix hills.
2) LE/media - i cannot remember a case in NY where there has been zero info from either. None. No updates. Nothing. That is very strange.
3) the car - no fingerprints. No scent picked up by dogs. Was the car scrubbed by someone with alot of experience at this? This scares me.
I truly do not believe he disappeared on his own free will...i do believe he may have gotten involved in a situation that he could not get out of .
My heart goes out to this family. I hope they get answers soon.

Snips and BBM

I'm wondering why you would think he sold a technical piece of equipment? IM has not said that their computer is missing. In fact she has stated that the computer was checked and that he was not techie at all. It's way more likely that he sold copper. In fact I would bet real money that he sold copper.

My thinking on a drive (or such) being sold was just a pondering since Arrow buys them and that would likely be a "small transaction". Maybe something that needed to disappear. Since he was not a techie, I guess my reference to a drive fits in the category of a passing thought. I agree it was likely RM was selling copper or something related to his job.

one argument is it was just another day-in-the-life of RM until somewhere around 2pm. On the flipside, you can name an equal amount of things that were NOT routine that day. So its a big mystery! :twocents: For the record, I am not sure where exactly I stand anymore :banghead:

I agree Jerry516, this case is a BIG mystery. Come on up here on the fence :fence:

Hi all!
I have been following this forum closely and finally...was able to register (slight computer issue).

WELCOME Momoffourboys !! Good having you on the forum and reading your ideas and input.

There are a few things that nag at me...
1) it has been said that RM may have been a bit late to work, however, IM Has said that he left very early (4:30 or 5:00 am) so she did not see him that morning. When do union electricians usually start their day? It takes about an hour to get to brooklyn from dix hills.
2) LE/media - i cannot remember a case in NY where there has been zero info from either. None. No updates. Nothing. That is very strange.
3) the car - no fingerprints. No scent picked up by dogs. Was the car scrubbed by someone with alot of experience at this? This scares me.
I truly do not believe he disappeared on his own free will...i do believe he may have gotten involved in a situation that he could not get out of .
My heart goes out to this family. I hope they get answers soon.

Hi Momoffourboys! Thank you for joining us! :) Good post!

What makes you think there were no (suspicious) fingerprints found on the vehicle? As far as we know the car is still being processed by police and nothing has been released.

Hi Momoffourboys! Thank you for joining us! :) Good post!

What makes you think there were no (suspicious) fingerprints found on the vehicle? As far as we know the car is still being processed by police and nothing has been released.

I was wondering that, but too lazy to phrase it, lol

I, too, am in the FB group and someone asked IM about the prints/car and she said nothing was found. I would need to go thru all the posts to quote but she was even asked how that can be since RM's prints should have been picked up.

Hello desensitized and MomofFourBoys----nice to have you both inputting with us.

And if its a day ending in the letter Y you guys know I have a question or two---

1) did RM have his work ID and Union card on him when he went to work June 14?
not sure if that was tackled

2) can we speculate of how far he could bike that day? A hot June day travelling how many miles before he had to stop. I am assuming a small amount of baggage--knapsack

Sorrry kids-- to continue my thought on that--the further out on Long Island he travels the harder it is to find a place to stay--there are more B&B's than chain hotels/motels.

2) can we speculate of how far he could bike that day? A hot June day travelling how many miles before he had to stop. I am assuming a small amount of baggage--knapsack

One could ride to Connecticut in a day. Seriously. I know someone who road their bike from Huntington to the Orient Point Ferry. The Port Jeff ferry would be even closer.

But I don't think he did either one. JMO.

Maybe it has been discussed for a long time with IM, but he could never convince his wife to do it. So possibly he warned IM about doing it himself, because "the doors were closing in" and as much as it broke his heart to do it, he HAD to in order to protect himself or his family. Maybe thats why the word "denial" comes into play.

The only issue with that is, that would mean IM knows, and this whole search group, FB page, searches, pleads, etc.... was only done as a cover, to protect her family from the bad guys making them think he is really gone/deceased, etc.

I am NOT questioning her character, I am just posting random thoughts...
Doesn't mean she isnt sad, heartbroken, etc.......that is probably reality, but if this ever came out public, she would have deceived a lot of people, and betrayed a lot of people taking their time and effort to help her. If it really was witness protection, this truth would never surface anyway, so no harm done to her reputation in the community.

Unless, as I quoted above, IM didn't know what he was involved in, or what he might have seen.

MOOOOOOO

Has IM ever mentioned anything of RM's that is missing?? Other than the bike-- I am talking about clothing, medication, eye glasses---anything missing that he would need to "get gone".

Also has she spoken with anyone up at the Union Hall-- the membership is huge and those people can mobilize if need be. She may want to check if any of his funds have been depleted. Its been over a month and I am sure money is getting a little tight for her.

One more question on my scatter-brain Monday---has IM considered contacting a medium or a psychic?? I am not being facetious but sincere. They may shed some light for her--she doesn't have to share any of it with anyone. Its for her own peace of mind.

Morning!
As for finances-the FB group is setting up a fund. This will aid in both daily assistance and can eventually be put towards a crimestoppers award.
Psychic/medium- IM did try to contact Teresa (long island medium) but she only handles deceased. Thats really as far as that suggestion has gone.
The group is trying to get some or any media coverage but that seems to be extremely difficult.
...so little info.

Morning!
As for finances-the FB group is setting up a fund. This will aid in both daily assistance and can eventually be put towards a crimestoppers award.
Psychic/medium- IM did try to contact Teresa (long island medium) but she only handles deceased. Thats really as far as that suggestion has gone.
The group is trying to get some or any media coverage but that seems to be extremely difficult.
...so little info.

A couple of things running the old noggin...

I wonder if he suddenly went into witness protection... figuring with all the scrap metal being stolen after Sandy he knew something and was giving info, thus in danger... yea, I know, it's a stretch...

Also, in some cases right before something takes place there's a event in the lives of those involved, a catalyst event for want of better word... in this case I see that event as the suddenly planned trip to Italy...

I were going to run away, I do it before taking such a trip rather that going on it and then doing so...
Okay, all just things running thru my head, no proof or facts...

Its natural OldSteve--- I run all the info and various scenarios in my head and toss out alot more questions. I have a theory in my head from which I have not wavered. Each day I am more convinced I am right.

What is fact and has been confirmed is too.........mmmmmm.........contrived for my taste.
This is MOO of course. Not wishing anyone ill but that a swift resolution will happen soon.

I wondered also about witness protection--also rehab or jail time.

No matter how amny theories are thrown out there, everything for me comes back to the car and why it was there. There are only 2 plausible reasons, one that he left it there himself, or two, that someone he knew put it there. A criminal attempting to hurt him would have NO idea he had ever parked the car there. Also, if he hadn't parked there in 6 years, why did the family even think to look there??????

She said what?????? That is quite a change in use of pronoun indeed.

Not sleuthing IM by any means, just noticing the difference in pronoun. In the same statement on FB search site, she said car has not been released. I wish for IM, their kids, and his friends/family, that LE would step up and release something about what they have or have not found. IM is desperate as we all would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member