NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is so mind boggling.No media attention at all and it's like the other case of the missing Dix Hills man who went missing last summer also. I don't think there was alot of coverage on him as well. What is LE doing? RM has missing for six weeks now. Is foul play still not suspected? The problem is we don't know all the details and probably never will. Also, we don' know the dynamics of this family and what was going on if anything. I just find it bizarre that no one saw this guy and there are no leads.
I still have a feeling he walked away due to maybe being involved in things he shouldnt have been doing or he wanted to start a new life. I don't think anything happened at the scrap yard.
I had another theory as well. Could he be in protective custody? Maybe he knew something and maybe that's why LE is not heavily pursuing this case. Just my opinion. :banghead:

MADDY65--- DAMN!!!!!! don't mean to shout but that's a thought-- "protective custody"

Its been my opinion from the start that he left voluntarily (either to start a new life or b/c he was protecting someone/ones and had to go) and had "help" from a second or third party.

The whole family would have disappeared, not just RM if he is in the witness protection program. JMO

The whole family would have disappeared, not just RM if he is in the witness protection program. JMO

Maybe it has been discussed for a long time with IM, but he could never convince his wife to do it. So possibly he warned IM about doing it himself, because "the doors were closing in" and as much as it broke his heart to do it, he HAD to in order to protect himself or his family. Maybe thats why the word "denial" comes into play.

The only issue with that is, that would mean IM knows, and this whole search group, FB page, searches, pleads, etc.... was only done as a cover, to protect her family from the bad guys making them think he is really gone/deceased, etc.

I am NOT questioning her character, I am just posting random thoughts...
Doesn't mean she isnt sad, heartbroken, etc.......that is probably reality, but if this ever came out public, she would have deceived a lot of people, and betrayed a lot of people taking their time and effort to help her. If it really was witness protection, this truth would never surface anyway, so no harm done to her reputation in the community.

I just want to thank you all for the warm welcome. :).
I don't know all the tricks yet on how to post those little pics, but ill learn. I'm trying to catch up as I haven't been on since yesterday. I'm hoping something good happened since.
People have disappeared into thin air before and it amazes me every time. It's scary how this can happen. I did write to Nancy Grace and channel 12 about them running RM's story. I'm sure a lot of us have done the same. I didn't hear anything back and I really wasnt expecting to. The media should be doing more. They reported on Kate Middleton's labor pains i guess a husband and father that's missing that's just a regular guy isn't as important. Ill never understand it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which pics do you want to post?
eta: I see there's pics of arrow

all possible---maybe local LE is no longer involved and its "gone up a notch" to coin a phrase on a State level.

I think we each have a concrete idea of what has happened in this matter. I know I do.
Each bit of evidence and non-evidence and statements solidifies it in my head. At the end of the day this man has a family he loves and loves him back. I hope where ever he is, he is safe and that his family is safe as well.

Snip and Bold by me:

I just want to thank you all for the warm welcome. :).
I don't know all the tricks yet on how to post those little pics, but ill learn. I'm trying to catch up as I haven't been on since yesterday. I'm hoping something good happened since.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toni, are you referring to your posting avatar? If so, see at top of page the bar. look for "UserCP" and click there. This is your user control panel and you can add your own avatar. Just explore that page for additional help.

If you are talking about the little smilies and fence sitting.... under the "Quick Reply" is "Go Advanced" - click that. You will find all kinds of little pics and can enter them into your reply post by clicking on them in the list. Hope this helps.

Snip and Bold by me:

Toni, are you referring to your posting avatar? If so, see at top of page the bar. look for "UserCP" and click there. This is your user control panel and you can add your own avatar. Just explore that page for additional help.

If you are talking about the little smilies and fence sitting.... under the "Quick Reply" is "Go Advanced" - click that. You will find all kinds of little pics and can enter them into your reply post by clicking on them in the list. Hope this helps.

I thought Toni was wondering how to attach a picture to a post. Just speculating. Maybe not. But if that's the question: you can do it in the Advanced Reply option. There is a little paper clip icon at the top where you can upload photos directly from your pc. There is also the "Insert Image" option where you can link to photos on the web. :seeya:

I was reading IM's latest posts on the search page today. She sounds very frustrated and disappointed with LE's lack of progress and updates. See her last post from yesterday (Friday), pinned at the top.

She and others are exploring all kinds of other avenues to get help. IM is thinking about offering a reward on Crimestoppers, among other ideas.

Also on Friday, someone posts that News 12 is looking into the story. Hopefully they will air something.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/131468517059825/

(I hope it was ok to paraphrase and summarize this from the fb page?)

Reading IM's posts I'm very convinced that she is genuine and has absolutely no clue what happened to her husband. moo

I was reading IM's latest posts on the search page today. She sounds very frustrated and disappointed with LE's lack of progress and updates. See her last post from yesterday (Friday), pinned at the top.

She and others are exploring all kinds of other avenues to get help. IM is thinking about offering a reward on Crimestoppers, among other ideas.

Also on Friday, someone posts that News 12 is looking into the story. Hopefully they will air something.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/131468517059825/

(I hope it was ok to paraphrase and summarize this from the fb page?)

Reading IM's posts I'm very convinced that she is genuine and has absolutely no clue what happened to her husband. moo

Agreed. I'm on the fence about LE, whether or not they are doing nothing remains to be seen IMO. If they don't believe there was a crime then there is little effort they will deploy. The same with the media. I think if say blood were found in the car for example, this would have a much broader focus.

snipped and BBM - I agree. I think she is telling all she can, when she can - she has to hold back some information, understandably, such as the investigation regarding the scrap yard.

This is moving so slow. I don't know him and I'm frustrated beyond belief; I can't begin to imagine how she and the rest of his family feels. IM's frustration is showing through and I think she's going to start pushing LE.
MOO

hello. I have been reading all of your posts since RM went missing, but just joined. I believe RM left on his own, but I will feel awful if I later learn I am wrong, so I'm keeping an open mind and considering so many other scenarios. I joined this group only to mention a recent experience with a large mountain bike, and a small car. this past Tuesday by BF went for a long ride and ended at a party a few towns over. I met up with him after dark to provide a ride home. in order to fit the bike in the car he removed BOTH tires. this was done with no tools and took less than 2 mins, in the dark. when we arrived home he immediately put them back on, again, with no tools in the dark and in less than 2 mins. I believe RM took his bike that day. If he left on his own, perhaps the car was left at the station to make it appear he had taken the train, when really he rode his bike to meet his actual ride out. if not, then maybe he felt that being home early, with wife and kids out, he could take a quick ride, and had an accident. I just don't understand why he would start his ride at the station then.

hello. I have been reading all of your posts since RM went missing, but just joined. I believe RM left on his own, but I will feel awful if I later learn I am wrong, so I'm keeping an open mind and considering so many other scenarios. I joined this group only to mention a recent experience with a large mountain bike, and a small car. this past Tuesday by BF went for a long ride and ended at a party a few towns over. I met up with him after dark to provide a ride home. in order to fit the bike in the car he removed BOTH tires. this was done with no tools and took less than 2 mins, in the dark. when we arrived home he immediately put them back on, again, with no tools in the dark and in less than 2 mins. I believe RM took his bike that day. If he left on his own, perhaps the car was left at the station to make it appear he had taken the train, when really he rode his bike to meet his actual ride out. if not, then maybe he felt that being home early, with wife and kids out, he could take a quick ride, and had an accident. I just don't understand why he would start his ride at the station then.

Welcome to WS...like you, I kind of feel he left on his own, my alternate scenario being he was in some sort of trouble and it caught up with him in a really bad way. If he left on his own, I still feel it was due to some problem, rather than a frivolous reason, such as an affair. Wish we knew for sure if the bike is really missing, or if he had it with him for sure.

Hi! And welcome to WS!! You're input is greatly appreciated!

The only problem I personally have with this theory is that IM specifically mentioned he would NEVER put the bike in his back seat. The car was his love, like another child, and wouldn't take the chance in damaging the interior. Otherwise, bike in the back seat makes total sense, hence the seat being pulled up.

The only problem I personally have with this theory is that IM specifically mentioned he would NEVER put the bike in his back seat. The car was his love, like another child, and wouldn't take the chance in damaging the interior. Otherwise, bike in the back seat makes total sense, hence the seat being pulled up.

So if he was leaving on his own for good....and leaving the car. Then he might not worry about any possible damage to the cars' interior.

I also hope that he did leave on his own and isn't a victim of foul play. It is always difficult to believe someone left as there is of course the possibility that he didn't and needs to be found.

Yes and he would NEVER park his car at the train station. Yet there it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member