NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the RM FB group page, IM was specifically asked about cams capturing RM's car on the 14th near their home; IM indicated that was not accurate. A confirmation of either did or did not - has not been made by a 3rd party. This may be why that discussion has waned.

Also, IM indicated a neighbor suggested house be re-keyed; and it was done.

I completely agree. I reread all of ncny's posts the other day and was just about to ask BunnyHop why she includes a "supposedly seen at Arrow Scrap" but not all the "supposedlies" from ncny, our VERIFIED INSIDER. Also interesting, ncny only "thanked" two posts. One was a welcome to the site. The other was Vedder's speculation of a drug problem. It is my opinion that ncny's disappearance was no accident or coincidence. I believe he came here to help but was not was not in the know of how LE/family was going to handle the dissemination of information. In my opinion he was silenced by LE/family.

You are probably right Clemenza, but I just cant get my head around this simple fact. IF the video actually exists, and IF the family is truly seeking help, then this FACT is TOO HUGE not to mention. If he did in fact come home after the scrap yard, then it would be of greater help to say "HIS CAR WAS LAST SEEN DRIVING DOWN ____BLOCK at 2:45pm." Even if they cant verify its him driving, you just dont simply skip over this fact.

Then, a lot of the neighbors on the surronding blocks would be more valuable, and pressed for info. His car is that loud and that noticeable, again, someone would have seen something. As I mentioned a million times, mail in this area gets delivered around that time, landscapers are out, school buses, parents waiting for school buses, people walking their pets, people out for a smoke, etc.... SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE seen the car, if not him.

But yet they NEVER mention this, they keep going back to the scrap yard at 2:15.

IMO---IF this video exists, it somewhat downplays the significance of the scrap yard. Not completely, because there may be a reason (perhaps something he saw spooked him), that made him run home from the scrap yard and leave again. But the simple fact it is NEVER mentioned is too big to ignore IMO, and leads me to believe the entire statement is just rumor.

You can still read all his posts, they haven't been deleted or anything.

Yes, that is the time his phone went dead.

I do not have the impression that the insider was "kicked off"; rather my take is that NCNY has not posted again on this thread. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I do not have the impression that the insider was "kicked off"; rather my take is that NCNY has not posted again on this thread. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I never said he was kicked off. He certainly wasn't "kicked off" from WS. Maybe it is true that the family or LE told him not to post here, I have no idea.

You are probably right Clemenza, but I just cant get my head around this simple fact. IF the video actually exists, and IF the family is truly seeking help, then this FACT is TOO HUGE not to mention. If he did in fact come home after the scrap yard, then it would be of greater help to say "HIS CAR WAS LAST SEEN DRIVING DOWN ____BLOCK at 2:45pm." Even if they cant verify its him driving, you just dont simply skip over this fact.

Then, a lot of the neighbors on the surronding blocks would be more valuable, and pressed for info. His car is that loud and that noticeable, again, someone would have seen something. As I mentioned a million times, mail in this area gets delivered around that time, landscapers are out, school buses, parents waiting for school buses, people walking their pets, people out for a smoke, etc.... SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE seen the car, if not him.

But yet they NEVER mention this, they keep going back to the scrap yard at 2:15.

IMO---IF this video exists, it somewhat downplays the significance of the scrap yard. Not completely, because there may be a reason (perhaps something he saw spooked him), that made him run home from the scrap yard and leave again. But the simple fact it is NEVER mentioned is too big to ignore IMO, and leads me to believe the entire statement is just rumor.

Jerry-I absolutely appreciate and completely agree with everything you've said here. I think we can all agree that we are definitely not privy to all of the same inside information that LE has regarding this case. I think we'd all bet on the fact that there are additional facts/clues that have not been disclosed for whatever reasons. Perhaps LE has strategic reasons for withholding certain info. Was another suspicious vehicle in pursuit of RM also on this video? Who the heck knows? We also can all agree that there is very little to go on as far as building one probable scenario that is more believable than another. So, many of us here are going on gut feeling and speculation. My gut tells me that ncny's (A)entrance and (B)exit to this thread was (A)unexpected and (B)directed by LE/family. He was verified by WS standards. So, he is who he said he is. Personally, I believe what he has said to us. Others may not. I agree, not much makes sense. I guess we just wait for bits and pieces of news to trickle out.

I never said he was kicked off. He certainly wasn't "kicked off" from WS. Maybe it is true that the family or LE told him not to post here, I have no idea.

So sorry Elainera, I erred in pulling your quote when I meant to pull post # 593 of McSpy - where term "kicked off" used.
I agree with you, still appears to be in WS.

The verified insider NCNY talked about the neighbour's camera footage that showed RM passing by at around 2:45 pm.

I just wanted to ask you all why nobody is taking this into account anymore? Other statements by NCNY are being quoted and discussed, but the camera footage seems to have been dismissed. I'm not criticizing or anything, just wondering why you all think that way. Aren't we usually taking statements by verified insiders as truth and facts?

I am not dismissing the camera footage....:blushing:

Second warning: discussing other members is off limits. NCNY is a member in good standing and doesn't need to be posted about here. :nono: You may discuss the information shared, but that's IT!

This kind of statement may be a clue on why LE thinks there was no crime committed. Perhaps Robert was involved in something which they are not talking about yet. If so, that means IM may have an idea why he is missing, because she made the statement.

Just some thoughts and speculation on my part ---no facts.

I agree ...

Didn't the reporters get this info from LE? I can understand reporters misquoting or misinterpreting info from time to time, especially in an ongoing investigation.

We don't know where they got that info. I also read media stating the car was found by police. So who to believe? I just don't know.

Something else that bothers me is from early on, it is stated he might unshaven.
That makes me wonder. :twocents:

Not to say that NYNC was disingenuous but rather the report was erroneous. The scrap yard sighting/transaction is concrete, the neighborhood camera footage is not. I don't think there's anything to the report of real value to gleam from. JMO.

Not to say that NYNC was disingenuous but rather the report was erroneous. The scrap yard sighting/transaction is concrete, the neighborhood camera footage is not. I don't think there's anything to the report of real value to gleam from. JMO.

On what do you base this comment? Why is the scrap yard report "concrete" and the camera footage report "erroneous"?

On what do you base this comment? Why is the scrap yard report "concrete" and the camera footage report "erroneous"?

Based on comments and news reports (scrap yard) that employees verified a transaction was made. If I'm not mistaken LE verified this as reported by IM. As far as the supposed tape, nothing in the last several weeks since the rumor started has anything developed to fruition.

I just want to thank you all for the warm welcome. :).
I don't know all the tricks yet on how to post those little pics, but ill learn. I'm trying to catch up as I haven't been on since yesterday. I'm hoping something good happened since.
People have disappeared into thin air before and it amazes me every time. It's scary how this can happen. I did write to Nancy Grace and channel 12 about them running RM's story. I'm sure a lot of us have done the same. I didn't hear anything back and I really wasnt expecting to. The media should be doing more. They reported on Kate Middleton's labor pains i guess a husband and father that's missing that's just a regular guy isn't as important. Ill never understand it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With LE having said they don't believe a crime was committed, getting big media attention has to be even more difficult.

So sorry Elainera, I erred in pulling your quote when I meant to pull post # 593 of McSpy - where term "kicked off" used.
I agree with you, still appears to be in WS.

Sorry, it was my assumption, since they are not posting anymore. Getting time outs were common on another case I participated in, so I assumed it happened in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member