NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the "45 minute phone call" something said by IM????

Nope. She stated she spoke to him in the morning. 45 minutes was never stated by her. The 45 minutes and tickets purchased the night before were both rumors started on the same post - never said by IM.

CuriousAmI-- good thought-- I was wondering where his tools are--are they in The Car, in his garage, left on site--maybe he sold them

Thanks Vedder-- am clear on that now

I seem to have a lag time in reading new posts --apologies

CuriousAmI-- good thought-- I was wondering where his tools are--are they in The Car, in his garage, left on site--maybe he sold them

IM mentioned in the FB group that he has a lot of tools and she wouldn't know what was missing or not.

Isn't the "45 minute phone call" something said by IM????

Why are people willing to take statements made by IM as gospel and statements by anyone else as being hearsay or unsubstantiated rumor? Does anyone in this case deserve being considered with more credibility than anyone else?

As BunnyHop pointed out earlier in the thread, there are very few "facts" that are known. It is all the "supposedlies" that lead us to the wide ranging scenarios being speculated upon. We are all choosing what we believe to be the most believable variables and applying them in the most sensible way we can.

P.S.- Not picking on you personally hot cawfee. Yours was just an easy example in the thread.

No worries Clemenza---where is that winky face icon???????

There are very very facts to be sure.

:floorlaugh:hahahahahaha Clemenza-- scary thing is I have had my cawfee

OK kids-- have to get moving-- see you later---- have a great day--stay safe !!!!!!

I had the same question. If he wanted to put the most distance between himself and has family before anyone became alarmed it seems like he may have reported to work ( so the boss isn't calling your house) and possibly taken a " personal/ sick " day soon after. And why not leave the car and take off closer to work. Seems the car would have been far more difficult to find.

Agree! Seems the most unaccounted time he had would be time he left work till he got home... Family was calling LE by 6pm...
If he never left car at train station, may think that's the last place they would look.. But, dogs should have picked up on his scent at train station, so that goes against that theory..

For friendly discussion, as I enjoy reading your posts; snipped:
Maybe I'm weird, but if I were planning on running away, I would not go to work on getaway day....

Since he left for work very early, perhaps he figured if he left then, he would stand out more since roads would be empty, businesses closed.. whereas on a busy Friday afternoon, better cover...

Nicholas Francisco voluntarily left his family, and not only did he attend work the day he went "missing" he told everyone at work he was heading home to bake cookies with his children. when later found living a new life in a different state, he said in an interview that he felt is was better that his children thought he was dead, rather than that he ran away from them.

I can't say this is the case for RM, but I can't ignore the fact that people do this, just because I want to believe he wouldn't. (I would like to believe no one would do this to their children)

I agree about LE, media and family/friends being too quiet and i believe it is for a reason. I live in dix hills, as well, and i can honestly say that it is a VERY vocal community, a huge community and when anything happens here people usually talk...alot. Not with this case. Most people have not even heard of RM.
maybe the media and family/friends were instructed by LE to keep this hush hush...for any number of reasons.

IM post on FB....

"contacted by a reporter!! Now if I could only remember who..."

Seriously? SERIOUSLY????

No matter how amny theories are thrown out there, everything for me comes back to the car and why it was there. There are only 2 plausible reasons, one that he left it there himself, or two, that someone he knew put it there. A criminal attempting to hurt him would have NO idea he had ever parked the car there. Also, if he hadn't parked there in 6 years, why did the family even think to look there??????

Yes I feel the same way about it, it all comes back to the car. But I must say if that was my family member missing that is one of the first places I would check, also MacArthur airport regardless if they never took the train or flown recently. Imo

Nicholas Francisco voluntarily left his family, and not only did he attend work the day he went "missing" he told everyone at work he was heading home to bake cookies with his children. when later found living a new life in a different state, he said in an interview that he felt is was better that his children thought he was dead, rather than that he ran away from them.

I can't say this is the case for RM, but I can't ignore the fact that people do this, just because I want to believe he wouldn't. (I would like to believe no one would do this to their children)

Yes, yes and yes.

Wow! Many similarities.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2010237613_webfranciscofound10m.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/nic...ars-revealed-leading-double/story?id=11145043

I've seen this kind of thing on at least 3 Investigative Discovery shows too and when I first read about this case, it's exactly where my mind went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member