NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The linked case sure is a good example of "taking off into the wind". I noted that in that case LE could not get phone records due to the case not having evidence that a crime was committed. I would hope that has changed by now. If RM in fact was using a Company phone, maybe the Company can get the records. Geez, I hope they already have that data.

I'm still confused.

Wasn't it reported that the last time he was supposedly seen was at the scrap yard at 2:15. His phone dead/off at 2:45. But, NamUs lists the time he was last seen at 2:50.

Sooooo, does LE know who saw him 5 minutes after his phone turned off?? (that we know nothing about)

Thanks for article. Quoting from it:
“Even when we go into the city we drive in,” she said. “He hasn’t taken the train in years. My parents live in Queens. He would prefer to drive to Queens, leave the car there and take the subway.”

Would his car be safer parked in Queens, or was it that he really did not like being on a train? - but subway is a train of sorts... so got to be leaving car at that station...

He disliked leaving his car there so much, seems like a mob thing to do - leave his car where he really really did not want it left. That's sending a message IMO.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but we're really getting info from one source?

I'm still confused.

Wasn't it reported that the last time he was supposedly seen was at the scrap yard at 2:15. His phone dead/off at 2:45. But, NamUs lists the time he was last seen at 2:50.

Sooooo, does LE know who saw him 5 minutes after his phone turned off?? (that we know nothing about)

I went back to read the first thread to see what I could see. Interesting.
There were reports phone went off at 1:45, among other things.

We have heard nothing from LE, other than there's no criminal evidence?

Re: Namus, I suspect much is not being updated along with so much conflicting info.

Question: Where does local news get their info and how do they verify?

My personal experience, being interviewed for local news, Patch etc.
A reporter comes out, takes a few pics, and asks a few questions.
Then they publish what I tell them. There's no fact checking, they take me at my word. :twocents:

Soooo interesting (and heartbreaking). To think a discarded receipt held the biggest clue...You never REALLY know people, do you? :eek:

As my signature states, as told to me by my dad about a man I was dating, listen very carefully and people will tell you exactly who they are...ignored red flags, excuses about being late or not showing up, missing money, changes in stories, lying, weird situations always popping up....I could go on and on...UGH!!! :banghead:

I went back to read the first thread to see what I could see. Interesting.
There were reports phone went off at 1:45, among other things.

We have heard nothing from LE, other than there's no criminal evidence?

Re: Namus, I suspect much is not being updated along with so much conflicting info.

Question: Where does local news get their info and how do they verify?

My personal experience, being interviewed for local news, Patch etc.
A reporter comes out, takes a few pics, and asks a few questions.
Then they publish what I tell them. There's no fact checking, they take me at my word. :twocents:

I can understand misinformation by news outlets. But, isn't NamUs info entered by LE? If so, then they would have the most up to date information. But, I guess "2:50" could be a typo.

I can understand misinformation by news outlets. But, isn't NamUs info entered by LE? If so, then they would have the most up to date information. But, I guess "2:50" could be a typo.

Personally, I don't know who enters the data to NamUs. IF you are correct that LE enters the data, that may corroborate the existence of surveillance video as stated by ncny that shows Rob's car at the home at 2:45-2:55.

According to namus.gov:

The Missing Persons Database contains information about missing persons that can be entered by anyone; however before it appears as a case on NamUs, the information is verified.

It does not say who it must verify with. Early reports on Robert show that information was submitted by his wife.

There is a lot of unverified and conflicting info in this case. Even the scrap yard sighting, video didn't work or only the inside video worked but couldn't be provided per wife. Who's to say he never went there on that day but made a deal with the guy behind the counter to say he was there? MSM hasn't questioned it and LE hasn't said anything.

Or, as mentioned earlier, his co-workers saw his car and his co-workers pointed IM to the scrap yard. I don't think it takes a huge conspiracy to up and leave. He could have done it without help from anyone in his Long Island life or maybe even a word or two from a co-worker or friend. Doing it alone makes it much easier to get away with.

Wondering if LE has checked his home computers to see if he had a Nicholas Francisco thing going on in his life? As Mrs. Francisco mentioned in the ABC article, it became easier to believe he was dead than to believe he'd walk out on them. This reminds me about unconscious slips about whose car it is now, etc.

Thanks for article. Quoting from it:
“Even when we go into the city we drive in,” she said. “He hasn’t taken the train in years. My parents live in Queens. He would prefer to drive to Queens, leave the car there and take the subway.”

Would his car be safer parked in Queens, or was it that he really did not like being on a train? - but subway is a train of sorts... so got to be leaving car at that station...

He disliked leaving his car there so much, seems like a mob thing to do - leave his car where he really really did not want it left. That's sending a message IMO.

Ok, I'm confused again... In this quote, it's stated that IMs parents live in Queens. I thought we had read that her parents lived right near them in Dix Hills. Does anyone recall that? :banghead:

Ok, I'm confused again... In this quote, it's stated that IMs parents live in Queens. I thought we had read that her parents lived right near them in Dix Hills. Does anyone recall that? :banghead:

I recall that it was stated (and I don't have a link) by IM that either her parents or RM's parents lived close to their home.

RSBM (just saving space)

According to namus.gov:

It does not say who it must verify with.

Thank you for the NamUs information!

I read a little more at namus.gov and understand that NamUs publically entered cases are verified by Regional Support Services (RSS). However, I'm still confused as to exactly what the RSS "verifies" or confirms. The quote below seems to suggest that only the case number is confirmed. (But, it's entirely possible there may be more and I just haven't read far enough.)

"RSSs support public case entry and case validation to ensure that publically entered cases meet minimum information requirements, and that each public NamUs MP case is confirmed with law enforcement (LE) by validating the LE and National Crime Information Center (NCIC) case numbers."

I think NCNY said IM wasn't home at 2:45, she was at her parents around the corner. Or his stents. Off to look now.

Yes, I remember that. Good catch. :rockon:

Found it. Post #933 in first thread, by NCNY. States IM was at her parents house which is "in the same neighborhood".

The first thread is very interesting.
Scanning it now. Found a post by me, that still haunts me:

Three uncontrolled airports operate between Montauk and the Town of Southampton:

1. Montauk Airport
2. East Hampton Airport
3. Westhampton Airport - Francis S. Gabreski Airport

"There is virtually no way of knowing who gets on any aircraft. We don't look at identification, and the FAA has very little involvement with our operations." FAA stands for Federal Aviation Administration, a part of the U.S. Department of Transportation. "The only way to figure out which aircrafts came in is by looking at fueling records. If any plane, jet or helicopter fuels up here, then a record is kept."

http://www.huntingtonbuzz.tv/view_article.php?article_id=1053

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - #1

If you click on the post # you get a direct link.

The linked case sure is a good example of "taking off into the wind". I noted that in that case LE could not get phone records due to the case not having evidence that a crime was committed. I would hope that has changed by now. If RM in fact was using a Company phone, maybe the Company can get the records. Geez, I hope they already have that data.

Justy-- I am thinking yes LE has that phone info--I worked in the accounting dept for a large retail company a few years ago. One of my jobs was to audit the phone bills--store phones and company provided phones that the IT dept had and various managers. Interesting to say the least--one store had alot of collect calls from Rahway Jail.

According to namus.gov:

It does not say who it must verify with. Early reports on Robert show that information was submitted by his wife.

There is a lot of unverified and conflicting info in this case. Even the scrap yard sighting, video didn't work or only the inside video worked but couldn't be provided per wife. Who's to say he never went there on that day but made a deal with the guy behind the counter to say he was there? MSM hasn't questioned it and LE hasn't said anything.

Or, as mentioned earlier, his co-workers saw his car and his co-workers pointed IM to the scrap yard. I don't think it takes a huge conspiracy to up and leave. He could have done it without help from anyone in his Long Island life or maybe even a word or two from a co-worker or friend. Doing it alone makes it much easier to get away with.

Wondering if LE has checked his home computers to see if he had a Nicholas Francisco thing going on in his life? As Mrs. Francisco mentioned in the ABC article, it became easier to believe he was dead than to believe he'd walk out on them. This reminds me about unconscious slips about whose car it is now, etc.

Oh hell--should have trimmed this down!!--lol

RM's mom lives not far am I right? Is she still in his childhood home? Maybe he used a computer over there??

teamilk-- I remember that too-- just as I read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee