NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one you have a link to is the Information and Support forum - no general discussion it to take place there...

Though at this point, I wonder how much general discussion can take place here without something new happening.

Ahhhh... I understand now! Thank you, Steve!

Sadly, it does appear this case may be heading for the deep freeze.

Kind of OT--but you guys know I am the question kid----Is it common for a missing person's case to get cold and then get hot again???

Kind of OT--but you guys know I am the question kid----Is it common for a missing person's case to get cold and then get hot again???

Yes, sometimes, especially if the lull is due to waiting for forensic results. Otherwise, LE just has to wait for a good tip, which can come anytime, or never.

Thanks for the welcome, hot cawfee (love your name)! I haven't posted for a while, but I do visit, and this case caught my eye a while ago. So I've been trying to catch up by reading all these great posts.

I feel as though, besides not knowing where RM is, some the facts presented are kind of strange. Also, following up via internet searches on some of the hints posters throw out, I have a bunch of ideas that we can't talk about here, because of the board's focus on victims.

But I would like to know if anyone has life insurance policies on RM or IM.

I just don't like the possibilities, except for maybe a secret life, and that only because he'd still be alive and might someday reconnect with his kids.

Here are some icons that may fit for us once this case breaks or there is an arrest
:razz: :skip: :fencefall:

:bud: :werk: :juanettes:

But seriously...... I am confident that we have already discussed the "truth" in this case..... we just don't know it yet.

Found it. Post #933 in first thread, by NCNY. States IM was at her parents house which is "in the same neighborhood".

It could be that they live in both Queens and "in the same neighborhood".

I see 2 homes owned by the parents in trust for IM.

Here are some icons that may fit for us once this case breaks or there is an arrest
:razz: :skip: :fencefall:

:bud: :werk: :juanettes:

But seriously...... I am confident that we have already discussed the "truth" in this case..... we just don't know it yet.

:drumroll:

I seem to have a knack for going to cases that seem to go cold and stay that way... what's :notgood: they all represent a murder that someone has gotten away with.

I know I asked this--- who was RM's connection into Local 3???? I doubt he became an apprentice at 40

IM post on FB "come home rob, we'll keep you safe"

there's definitely more to this story that we're being told. this is not the first time she's said something like this. maybe one day we'll learn the truth and all of this will make complete sense.

IM post on FB "come home rob, we'll keep you safe"

there's definitely more to this story that we're being told. this is not the first time she's said something like this. maybe one day we'll learn the truth and all of this will make complete sense.

Maybe he was having some sort of a breakdown? Mid-life thing?

Maybe he was having some sort of a breakdown? Mid-life thing?

Reading "Then he said, 'goodbye, I love you,'" his wife Ida recalled...-
http://commack.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/search-continues-for-missing-dad

I'm probably reading too much into this, but I never say "goodbye" to my wife... it's always, "see you tonight" or "so long honey" ... etc... guess it's just me, but something about "goodbye, I love you" sounds negative, like one is leaving forever...

http://commack.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/search-continues-for-missing-dad

I'm probably reading too much into this, but I never say "goodbye" to my wife... it's always, "see you tonight" or "so long honey" ... etc... guess it's just me, but something about "goodbye, I love you" sounds negative, like one is leaving forever...

Also, either everyone in the world says "I love you" you as their last words, or that is how their loved ones report it when they are missing...

Notice the comments - Article originally said "John" Mayer, name change wasn't flagged or changed until after Ida commented.

I would have thought she would have noticed and said something about the name being incorrect.

Good point OldSteve--Mr C and I say "See you at home, love you" or "I am a block away" or "I will call when I am leaving"

Of course these are IM's words about that call--MOO

Did IM and RM live in Queens after they married?? Iask b/c Local 3 has Elechester--a housing complex for Union members.

Has local LE contacted Queens LE--the 107 Pct (I think it is) is a blocl from the Union Hall--there was a Union meeting the night before RM disappeared----has IM contacted any of his work fiends to see if RM was there?? If RM left his Union card at home then there would be notation on the card that he atteneded the meeting.

"Occassionally"-- how frequent was that I wonder?? And did he share out the money??
How did the contractor feeel about that??
Its usually the apprentices that get the scrap b/c they earn so much less. One of those courtesies you give to the young ones just starting out.

interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member