NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Northern suburbs here. I used to go to Jones Beach weekly. (WE II woot!)
I dated a guy from West Babylon years back. His 2 boys were always "in trouble". (Gangs?)

One day driving home from the beach, I got off the parkway to avoid traffic.
I found myself in a very scary area that I had no idea how to escape.
I'm no sissy, but I was scared. :scared:

@locals; what's the gang thing out there? TIA

(OT; my son had a graphic design business and did a website for some "rapper" from L.I. This dude used to threaten my son over small carp. That was 10 years ago.)

N.Y./Region: Gangs in Hempstead - NYTimes.com/Video

N.Y./Region: Gangs in Hempstead - NYTimes.com/Video - YouTube

Thanks for article. Quoting from it:
“Even when we go into the city we drive in,” she said. “He hasn’t taken the train in years. My parents live in Queens. He would prefer to drive to Queens, leave the car there and take the subway.”

Would his car be safer parked in Queens, or was it that he really did not like being on a train? - but subway is a train of sorts... so got to be leaving car at that station...

He disliked leaving his car there so much, seems like a mob thing to do - leave his car where he really really did not want it left. That's sending a message IMO.

If this was a MOB thing..............he would have been found in the trunk of his car! The mob dosent hide its victims.

My thoughts are that this man up and left on his own. I feel he had been stashing some $$$$$$$$ bought himself a new prepaid phone and got out of dodge. Starting a new life. Being that his car was found at the train station says a lot.. Left one mode of transportation for another.

Maybe he was having some sort of a breakdown? Mid-life thing?

I agree with this!
Its possible a mid life crisis. What if there is someone else and he felt this was the kindest easiest thing to do would be to just walk away.

Could there be something he would not want anyone to know about himself so he feels its better to just vanish!

I kind of think this was all being planned for some time!

Selling at the scrap yard to me was his play money or mad money his wife wouldn't know how much he had it could be saved aside from household money...

Mid-life crisis is true-- THE CAR is indicitive of that-a "family guy" with a less than family friendly car. MOO

Eileen730---good point on the "play money"-- lots of people do that--keep their poker winnings etc for their "spend money"

A "mob thing" would have been done on the job to send a message to anyone else looking to do the same.

Bunnyhop-- the type of gang issue has changed on LI-- MS13 is pretty rampant in eastern suffolk

Personal thoughts. I'm recently divorced, 2 weeks to be exact. YAY. Toward the end of my marriage (3 years ago) I couldn't stand the sight of my ex. Couldn't stand to be in the same room, listening to him breathing bothered me. If he was late coming home from work I would get excited, then disappointed when he pulled into the driveway. Harsh, I know, but my point is you get to a point where you just can't stand it anymore.

So... an iPhone 4s is a very common cellphone. How many of you can shut yours off, completely?

Ready. Set. Go. Shut your phone off. I mean completely off, not just pressing that top right button to put it to sleep.

Not so easy, is it?

I own one myself and I NEVER shut it off. I had to use Google to find out how to do it several weeks ago and, in fact, I have since forgotten the exact sequence of moves to make it happen.

So, how is it that RM's phone shut off completely at 2:45 PM, during the 10 minutes that he was home, according to the neighbor's surveillance camera? The battery at that precise moment shut off? Somehow I doubt that. The non-techie figured out how to shut it off himself in those 10 minutes? I doubt that too.

I have thought about the possibility that maybe he was going through some paranoid state, given IM's pleas for him to come home and they will keep him safe. But if that was the case, why are they keeping a lid on the videotape? Why did they shut up the relative who posted on the missing persons forum?

This man did not walk away from his life casually. There would have been signs - his computer, his cellphone, his behavior.

The signs I see are of someone running from something not to something.

What was he scared of?

Curious--post 806---first off--aawwww honey-sorry for your troubles. And yes--when you are done-you are DONE!!!!

Eliza--- good pick up on the distinction between "running from" and "running to"--his behavior

I am trying to be balanced but falling short-- each statement, piece of evidence bears more questions from me---I was never permitted to ask Mama and Papa Cawfee "why"-so I do it as an adult and analyze things--words, actions etc.

Eliza-i agree! Maybe he left to protect his family? Got in too deep into a dangerous situation and felt that leaving would keep them safe. And again, the FB comment "we will keep you safe" just nags at me. Why did she thing he felt that he was in danger?
Also, his union id...did he not need that at work? Why has that not been mentioned?
Long island, specifically, wyandanch and wheatly height, is crawling with gangs and gang activity. Lots of drug busts and lots of crime. And yet...i dont believe this is the case. A gang would have stripped his GTO, not left it in pristine condition and print free at the train station.

Yes I agree re the car, mom. I also think if the scrap yards had anything to do with this the car would not have been left at the station.

I lean towards him driving himself to the train station to ride his bike to a meeting point. I think he went home for the bike.

I just feel in my gut that he met with foul play. Perhaps triggered by something of his own doing.

Eliza-i agree! Maybe he left to protect his family? Got in too deep into a dangerous situation and felt that leaving would keep them safe. And again, the FB comment "we will keep you safe" just nags at me. Why did she thing he felt that he was in danger?
Also, his union id...did he not need that at work? Why has that not been mentioned?
Long island, specifically, wyandanch and wheatly height, is crawling with gangs and gang activity. Lots of drug busts and lots of crime. And yet...i dont believe this is the case. A gang would have stripped his GTO, not left it in pristine condition and print free at the train station.

FWIW I don't think he was in danger nor his family. Here is a guy selling scraps for money. Extra money! I think his wife just might want to think there was some danger somewhere lurking than believe he would want to just up and leave?

Do they have Children?

Let me add my other theory is he met with foul play in the house and whoever was there waiting for him made him put the bike in the car so that he, the bad guy, could get away.

Who was the guy he was texting I remember reading that I think on the first page of this thread

Ok I read he has 2 kids. Has never spent the night away from home.

He left his wallet home I think on purpose!

Momoffourboys-- he needs his Union card to work. It shows that his dues are current and he must carry it on the job-site to show if asked.

So... an iPhone 4s is a very common cellphone. How many of you can shut yours off, completely?

Ready. Set. Go. Shut your phone off. I mean completely off, not just pressing that top right button to put it to sleep.

Not so easy, is it?

I own one myself and I NEVER shut it off. I had to use Google to find out how to do it several weeks ago and, in fact, I have since forgotten the exact sequence of moves to make it happen.

Snipped and BBM - It's kind of easy to power off - you keep that top right button pressed for about 3 seconds and "slide to power off" and "cancel" comes across the screen. I don't know if that stops pings or not, though.

fast question--- how do I refresh my screen to see current comments?? I keep bouncing out and coming back

Let me add my other theory is he met with foul play in the house and whoever was there waiting for him made him put the bike in the car so that he, the bad guy, could get away.

Have they found his bike? or is it missing with him?

fast question--- how do I refresh my screen to see current comments?? I keep bouncing out and coming back

If you're on a computer and not your phone, you can press F5 to refresh the page.

Cawfee- re his union ID...has there been any mention of it? I dont think ive seen that mentioned anywhere.

And that car...hmmm....if he NEVER parked at the train then why would that be the FIRST place her friends would look AND be right? Sounds to me like someone knew that the car would be left there. Just sayin'. My husband never takes the train...it would not even cross my mind to look there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayellekay