NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His car left at the train station - it bugs me since he loved his car and would never use that train because he didn't want to leave his car their.

The dogs did not pick up his scent at the train station, and the seat was not it's correct position.

He would not take his bike in his car because he didn't want the bike to damage or leave any mark on seats/upholstery...

So it appears like someone who knew his love of his car (which I can relate to) purposely left his car in the one place he never would have.

If the dogs had picked up his scent at the train station I might be inclined to think he left his car there as a gesture of giving up his past life and starting a new one free from stress over his car.
(OT - I owned some very expensive cars in my time (circa 1960's), and would worry about where I parked etc. as I didn't want to get any dings from someone opening a door next to mind - finally, I went out an bought a VW just to have a car I did not care at all about what happened to it!)

I've thought that since the beginning. No one would be the wiser. If he did it once a week, he's could have saved a lot in a fairly short time period, especially if it was all copper.

Most definitely!

I feel like I don't know a whole lot about Rob. There hasn't been much information given on him directly. At least from what I've read. I haven't seen anything about his health other than his mild headaches, nothing on his emotional/mental state (I guess we just assume he's "normal, average, etc.," nothing on his hobbies, his favorite kind of music, does he have a strong LI accent? Does he go to any type of conventions?

I suggested this a few times directly on the FB page and nothing ...

Sort of frustrating.

I still don't think he up and left - ONLY because of his poor mom at this point..

Not that I can completely rule anything out. Nothing makes sense.

Has anyone read anywhere that he didn't or doesn't have a drug/gambling/addiction problem? The way IM speaks on FB, is as if she expects him home. Denial? Maybe. Or maybe "something" is keeping him away. If that's the case, it should be public by now as it could help solve this.

Otherwise, I fear that he is no longer with us and it's only a matter of finding his body. Grr, it always hurts to type those words.

Rattling around in my head today...
1. If he wanted to just disappear and start a new life, I don't care how much he LOVES his car... He's not going to care what happens to it. Why would he care if he destroyed the back seat pulling out a bicycle... It's not going to matter to him.
2. No mention anywhere about friends... Did he have buddies he did things with like fishing or biking, or even working on projects together? How about friends from his job..no one is coming forward? Are we supposed to think this guy had no one but his immediate family around him? No buddies that might have a clue, or are out there offering support? This astounds me. Especially after all this time.
3. Why is the media so reluctant to cover this? You'd think there's got to be some angle that they'd want to go after, yet the media would sooner run headlines on a missing dog than a missing father. Are they being told to stay away from the story?
Ok, back to work now!

regarding scrap on the job-site--it can be open to interpretation--whose scrap it belongs to-the contractor for purchasing it or the construction worker who works with it. The "ownership" (for lack of a better word) is decided upon from the first.
OT-I worked for a retail company (we dealt with a few union contracts which makes me familiar with unions). The IT dept mgr. had a side business with one of his asst.mgrs that resold office furniture. They were both fired for theft of the used office furniture of our company. A question raised during their unemployment hearings had to do with ownership of the desks, chairs etc.

I feel like I don't know a whole lot about Rob. There hasn't been much information given on him directly. At least from what I've read. I haven't seen anything about his health other than his mild headaches, nothing on his emotional/mental state (I guess we just assume he's "normal, average, etc.," nothing on his hobbies, his favorite kind of music, does he have a strong LI accent? Does he go to any type of conventions?

I suggested this a few times directly on the FB page and nothing ...

Sort of frustrating.

I still don't think he up and left - ONLY because of his poor mom at this point..

Not that I can completely rule anything out. Nothing makes sense.

Has anyone read anywhere that he didn't or doesn't have a drug/gambling/addiction problem? The way IM speaks on FB, is as if she expects him home. Denial? Maybe. Or maybe "something" is keeping him away. If that's the case, it should be public by now as it could help solve this.

Otherwise, I fear that he is no longer with us and it's only a matter of finding his body. Grr, it always hurts to type those words.

Living Juicy-- yes-I asked that question and thought maybe IM or the verfied insider would answer it for us. Very little was provided as far as description goes--One of my questions was about would he be at a Panera Bread getting coffee?-how would he order? would he hold the door open for me? make a mess and leave it at the counter? wave back at a little kid who was waving?

:seeya::seeya:yes teamilk-- all points to ponder!!! Where are his friends?????

Hi SurfieTx--have not seen you in here that I recall!!
And Hello to guests

:seeya::seeya::seeya:yes teamilk-- all points to ponder!!! Where are his friends?????

Hi SurfieTx--have not seen you in here that I recall!!
And Hello to guests

So many good and possible ideas on what could have happened. Am still on the fence; read one post and think... "yes, that is it". Then read another and think.... "yes, that is it".

A few after thoughts:
Re: Gangs - I would think they would have used GTO for joy ride, to do a robbery or drive by, or take it to strip or sell hot.

Re: RM met trouble upon arriving home - though possible, there would have been possibly 3 transfers (thus more opportunity to be seen) 1. at the house to get RM into a get-away vehicle. 2. the transfer of bike or whatever at station. 3. the transfer of RM at where ever he ended up.

I wish I wish I wish.... LE would make some official statement; it has been weeks and I think they need to make a statement to the community - even if it is a repeat of what they said before.

sorry for the double post-- tried to delete and nothing happened-hmmm--is it a better post that I think it is???..................................lol

was anything conclusive stated about THE CAR??? other than it being found at the station, in a (MOO) conspicuous spot, with the drivers' seat pulled forward??

What position were the mirrors (sides and rearview) at and were all doors locked????

It's all so convoluted.
Headaches, seat moved forward, car at train station...seems staged. IMO.
I get migraines and there's a major difference between them and headaches.
No clarification on anything...
Strange comments on fb...
Do we even have a yes or no answer on the bike?

It's all too strange... To ignore these signs...mmm I don't feel like its voluntary... Moo

Bunnyhop-ALOT of interesting posts about the phone pings. One poster in particular is asking alot of good questions....if he disappears all of a sudden...we know hes on to something
Ravynne-bike was confirmed by IM. not sure if its with RM but definitely not where it should be. And yes, lots of strange comments on FB.
as far as media/LE silence- i still believe it is intentional. They arent ignoring this case...theyre keeping it quiet for a reason. IMO.

regarding scrap on the job-site--it can be open to interpretation--whose scrap it belongs to-the contractor for purchasing it or the construction worker who works with it. The "ownership" (for lack of a better word) is decided upon from the first.
OT-I worked for a retail company (we dealt with a few union contracts which makes me familiar with unions). The IT dept mgr. had a side business with one of his asst.mgrs that resold office furniture. They were both fired for theft of the used office furniture of our company. A question raised during their unemployment hearings had to do with ownership of the desks, chairs etc.

I believe the scraps belong to the construction co that bought it not the workers that work with it! Most time the copper has to be locked up at night when the workers leave. All to often these sites are stripped of their copper.

I went to NAMUS website again today. And it really confuses me......On page 1 it says that Rob was last seen at 2:50 and then on the next page it says that he was last seen backing out of his driveway. I thought that anything posted on NAMUS was gospel..........
How can that be??????? everywhere else it says that he was last seen at the scrap yard......... which is it??????

I went to NAMUS website again today. And it really confuses me......On page 1 it says that Rob was last seen at 2:50 and then on the next page it says that he was last seen backing out of his driveway. I thought that anything posted on NAMUS was gospel..........
How can that be??????? everywhere else it says that he was last seen at the scrap yard......... which is it??????

I keep hoping that someone on FB will ask about the NamUs info. Where and when RM was last seen are CRUCIAL!

Somebody did ask. The page is blowing up tonight, media is suddenly taking notice and I see someone just posted IM is not available tonight to answer questions. I'm speechless. I just don't understand.

His car left at the train station - it bugs me since he loved his car and would never use that train because he didn't want to leave his car their.

The dogs did not pick up his scent at the train station, and the seat was not it's correct position.

He would not take his bike in his car because he didn't want the bike to damage or leave any mark on seats/upholstery...

So it appears like someone who knew his love of his car (which I can relate to) purposely left his car in the one place he never would have.

If the dogs had picked up his scent at the train station I might be inclined to think he left his car there as a gesture of giving up his past life and starting a new one free from stress over his car.
(OT - I owned some very expensive cars in my time (circa 1960's), and would worry about where I parked etc. as I didn't want to get any dings from someone opening a door next to mind - finally, I went out an bought a VW just to have a car I did not care at all about what happened to it!)

The car left at the train station reminds me of missing people's cars left at airports or malls. Sometimes they are a ruse to confuse the police.

JMO

We have seen conflicting info on NAMUS in other cases...it is subject to human error and bad info like much else in the world...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayellekay