NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this, vedder.
Interesting, because LI Press actually interviewed employees ar arrow and got statement from LE (though, no additional info).

I just think it's strange that IM writes come home Rob we will keep you safe? To me it implies she knows more than what is being said. Was he involved in something illegal? A man goes vanishing like this sounds to me it was carefully planned out. No traces of him, car left at train station I think it's to throw people off.
Was he last seen at Arrow Scrap Metal or pulling out of his driveway? He takes the train or does he not take the train? Too many conflicting stories. If LE has not said anything than chances are they think he left voluntarily and people may be in denial about that. Than another part of me thinks this guy is part of witness protection and knows alot about something. The disappearance is just too clean. JMO of course. :moo::fence:

http://www.longislandpress.com/2013...sband-and-father-still-missing-after-7-weeks/

snip> Arrow’s surveillance cameras are aimed at the parking area and entrance, but the foreman declined to say whether they captured Mayer’s sharp red sportscar June 14—a vehicle, said another worker, that would have stood out from the typical daily parade of beat-up pickups and trucks filled with wiring and wreckage the majority of sellers haul their scraps to the center in (as was the case Friday afternoon).

bLNiRnv.jpg

BBM This statement sounds ambiguous to me. I don't see any beat up pick ups or trucks in the that picture. I would think there would be many. I also wonder if Rob would put scrap in his trunk to transport it. How much scrap would fit in a small trunk? Anyone?

What if he went with a buddy, and Rob parked at station, left his car and went in buddy's truck to Arrow? How far is Arrow from station?

Somebody did ask. The page is blowing up tonight, media is suddenly taking notice and I see someone just posted IM is not available tonight to answer questions. I'm speechless. I just don't understand.

Stated she took daughter to see Beiber in Brooklyn, GPS took her past Rob's work site.

Ravynne--not sure if I am allowed to ask but I am the question kid (lol)--What is the tone of the questions???

Eileen--post 854--Word!!! It gets murky on the whole issue of who gets the scrap--lotta money there

Curious--post 858-- WHAT ?!?! Thats what she's been waiting for!!!!!

Vedder--post 861-- great article-- Thank you!!!

question-- how much prep was done for Father's Day?? gifts and cards bought???
Any of his toiletries in house---razor, toothbrush, deodorant etc???
What about vitamins/meds????

OK good morning all !!!!!-- should have said that before I start with my questions.

Is RM subject to random drug and alcohol testing as per his union contract?
I am wondering if he may have failed it and is at rehab and did not tell his family to save embarrassment. Or (and I am not sure how it works legally) but with a "missing person" would creditors be more lenient than they would if someone just up and left ???

And another question-- are any of his favorites foods and drinks in the home?? Fridge, freezer or pantry?

My questions relate to what is premeditated, who knows what, who is involved etc.
Its always been my opinion that he left voluntarily. I have further concluded that he left with help. MOO to the nth degree!!!

Final question--I promise!!lolol

What media is involved?? Was it indicated?? Want to know which TV station to watch for news.

OK good morning all !!!!!-- should have said that before I start with my questions.

Is RM subject to random drug and alcohol testing as per his union contract?
I am wondering if he may have failed it and is at rehab and did not tell his family to save embarrassment. Or (and I am not sure how it works legally) but with a "missing person" would creditors be more lenient than they would if someone just up and left ???

And another question-- are any of his favorites foods and drinks in the home?? Fridge, freezer or pantry?

My questions relate to what is premeditated, who knows what, who is involved etc.
Its always been my opinion that he left voluntarily. I have further concluded that he left with help. MOO to the nth degree!!!

I think he left on his own also!

And its possible he had some help! But I think he took off on his bike.

Hot Cawfee, do you drink regular or decaf? I'm thinking regular. LOL

I feel terrible about what I said about IM not being available. She deserves to continue living her life and taking care of her children. I apologize sincerely.

Now, the car trunk was empty according to article. And it's stated that's where RM kept his tools. I have a closet full of tools, seriously piled up about 5 feet that my BF cannot part with. He's ex-Local 3.

I'm thinking the tools were sold at the scrap yard. It seems more and more likely, to me, that RM left voluntarily. Everything he "loved" he got rid of, left his wife and children, home, car, tools and job.

We have seen conflicting info on NAMUS in other cases...it is subject to human error and bad info like much else in the world...

I agree. But, I guess I've only noticed it on older cases... someone missing years not weeks.

I just wish everyone had their "stuff" together on the case.

Okay, what was found in the front seat? In that article, according to a sentence in the middle or so, it says "the latter was found in the front sear". Which should mean the last thing mentioned. The water bottles? What?

Okay, what was found in the front seat? In that article, according to a sentence in the middle or so, it says "the latter was found in the front sear". Which should mean the last thing mentioned. The water bottles? What?

I took it to mean the water.

"the trunk, where Mayer typically would keep his tools, lunchbox and water bottles, was empty; the latter found on the front seat."

I wonder if the trunk was completely and technically empty. Meaning...was there a spare tire in there? Was there a spare tire well where the tire was kept? If there was no well, and no spare in the trunk...it could have been to create enough space for the bike. Is the spare tire in the garage?

I took it to mean the water.

"the trunk, where Mayer typically would keep his tools, lunchbox and water bottles, was empty; the latter found on the front seat."

Same here. But is "latter" the last one or two mentions? To me, the lunchbox AND water suggests RM ate his lunch in his car. Was it a water bottle or bottles (plural) in the front? Bottles sounds like more than one person was drinking at one time. Were they empty? It wasn't that hot out (about mid 60s-low 70s according to weather archives).

Great point, hot cawfee, about the Father's Day cards. The kids could have bought them at any time. I'd say many, but not all, wives buy FD cards for their kids' fathers.

Has anyone seen IM or others close to RM say anything like "if you have left us, we'll deal with it, just please let us know you're ok?"

I know we can't discuss certain kinds of theories, but it's unbelievable what you can find on the internet. I have a bad feeling related to the old proverb "revenge is a dish best served cold." I hope I'm wrong.

If he was running late for work that Friday because he was packing the trunk with things he'd need for his getaway, I can see how in the rush to get that done before IM might happen to wake up he could forget to grab his wallet.
Then put the things in the trunk that if someone looked inside the Car, they wouldn't notice anything out of the ordinary, just a guys lunch and some water bottles. Even if IM happened to wake up as he was leaving in the am, she would just see ordinary things he'd usually have with him. And really, what does he need besides the clothes on his back if he's leaving everything else behind ?
I haven't decided if I think the bike was sold at scrap yard or it was used as getaway. As far as the tools, do we know if he definitely carried them in his trunk? Have any unclaimed tools been found at jobsite? Maybe he just left those there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayellekay