NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the trunk was completely and technically empty. Meaning...was there a spare tire in there? Was there a spare tire well where the tire was kept? If there was no well, and no spare in the trunk...it could have been to create enough space for the bike. Is the spare tire in the garage?

Yes, all those details they don't tell us.

Is it that his bike is simply missing? How did he normally transport it? Did he ride it weekdays? weekends?

One thing I found interesting in the article was that he would "club" his car when/if he parked it at the train station. I'm assuming that meant using that club thingie that locks the steering wheel. Where is the club? In the car? At home? I would assume he would keep it in the trunk. There really would be no reason for anyone to steal that if they didn't have the key or the combination or however it works. I guess one could take that to a scrap yard too? I dunno.

Yes, all those details they don't tell us.

Is it that his bike is simply missing? How did he normally transport it? Did he ride it weekdays? weekends?

Those questions have been asked, no answers :banghead:

One thing I found interesting in the article was that he would "club" his car when/if he parked it at the train station. I'm assuming that meant using that club thingie that locks the steering wheel. Where is the club? In the car? At home? I would assume he would keep it in the trunk. There really would be no reason for anyone to steal that if they didn't have the key or the combination or however it works. I guess one could take that to a scrap yard too? I dunno.

My impression (not that it will make any difference) was that he would never park his car at the train station.
He used "the club" when he parked elsewhere.
You are right - was the club found?

What we lack is what LE probably has learned by talking to those he worked with and others... would think if he was looking to run off there would be clues others would have picked up...

Looking at the Arrow Scrap pic---thats some fancy brick work in front---just an observation. Of course I can phrase it in question form!! lolol

Looking at the Arrow Scrap pic---thats some fancy brick work in front---just an observation. Of course I can phrase it in question form!! lolol

15 pounds of pavers in a 5 pound bag is what came to my mind!

Okay, what was found in the front seat? In that article, according to a sentence in the middle or so, it says "the latter was found in the front sear". Which should mean the last thing mentioned. The water bottles? What?

nice catch cluciano63!!!!-- what kind of water bottles?? poland spring or the refill that fit on a bike? Was there water in them?? how about prints?

Curious-- that would be regular cawfee, love!!!!

My impression (not that it will make any difference) was that he would never park his car at the train station.
He used "the club" when he parked elsewhere.
You are right - was the club found?

What we lack is what LE probably has learned by talking to those he worked with and others... would think if he was looking to run off there would be clues others would have picked up...

BBM: One would think so, but take a look at the Reed case from start to finish. It's one wild ride of a seemingly normal person staging an abduction, taking off and later to be found and charged with embezzlement.

Found Alive MS - Linda Reed, 65, Copiah County, Believed Abducted 30 April 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If he was running late for work that Friday because he was packing the trunk with things he'd need for his getaway, I can see how in the rush to get that done before IM might happen to wake up he could forget to grab his wallet.
Then put the things in the trunk that if someone looked inside the Car, they wouldn't notice anything out of the ordinary, just a guys lunch and some water bottles. Even if IM happened to wake up as he was leaving in the am, she would just see ordinary things he'd usually have with him. And really, what does he need besides the clothes on his back if he's leaving everything else behind ?
I haven't decided if I think the bike was sold at scrap yard or it was used as getaway. As far as the tools, do we know if he definitely carried them in his trunk? Have any unclaimed tools been found at jobsite? Maybe he just left those there.

good points---running late and made his lunch?? or it was made the night before???

SurfieTX---yes!! lightbulb -- thank you--and how old are those clubs?? I last saw them in the movie Swingers!!! And you could knock someone out with one of those!!!

a lot of people seem to be hung up on the day he went missing (the Friday before fathers day), while others are looking for a "trigger" in this mans life for possibly making him leave. what if fathers day is what triggered this abrupt departure. if he had thoughts of doing this for a while, and in 2 days time his children and wife will be showering him with gifts and praise for being "the best dad ever". maybe he didn't feel he could deal with the guilt of being celebrated, when in his head he was having such awful thoughts about abandoning these people.

as for the scrap yard, the most recent article stated that he'd been going there as a respectable customer for a few years. that he brought scraps/copper from job sites. two things strike me as odd here.
1.) he did this for years and IM was unaware of it until mentioned to her by his coworkers? (why wasn't she aware, where was he putting the money... a few years of copper/scraps brings in more than a few extra dollars)
2.) we're ruling out him putting his bike in his beloved car because it would make it dirty. yet he has no problem putting scraps from job sites in the car? (have u seen the filth on items at job sites?)

it seems that every new detail of this case contradicts earlier details. it's very frustrating.

:please: Kimster--- can we have a one hour or one post per WS member no rules--get that theory out there!!!!!!!

lol

Ravynne--not sure if I am allowed to ask but I am the question kid (lol)--What is the tone of the questions???

Eileen--post 854--Word!!! It gets murky on the whole issue of who gets the scrap--lotta money there

Curious--post 858-- WHAT ?!?! Thats what she's been waiting for!!!!!

Just curiosity. I'm not good with expressing my thoughts unless I take an hour to formulate the entire thought. Im often taken the wrong way when there is no ill intent behind my questions. I'm just a bit blunt, especially if I'm confused. Not meant to offend. My apologies. I've tried to fix me, be more sensitive and I just seem to make it worse. It's just the way I am, frustrating... But I don't know what else to do... I'm bi-polar, have anxiety and migraines so that and the daily meds don't help.... Sorry if I'm rambling... I'll stop.

In this case I'm having a hard time believing anything.... Too conflicting.

Sorry If my post offends, not meant to....

:please: Kimster--- can we have a one hour or one post per WS member no rules--get that theory out there!!!!!!!

lol

I SECOND the motion. I feel like I'm on ice skates in a roller derby!

:jail:

Not that I don't love WS and what it does, which is tremendous. <3

:seeya:Ravynne--post 894-- no worries --- it is frustrating. Very few concrete facts, alot of conflicting info. I know how you feel--and if I think I am being duped or lied to then I get very angry. It comes off as coldness or being uncaring but--its anger and frustration. I wish you well with your treatment -- I have an issue with anxiety. I am managing it pretty well. I wish you great success and healing.

:seeya:Ravynne--post 894-- no worries --- it is frustrating. Very few concrete facts, alot of conflicting info. I know how you feel--and if I think I am being duped or lied to then I get very angry. It comes off as coldness or being uncaring but--its anger and frustration. I wish you well with your treatment -- I have an issue with anxiety. I am managing it pretty well. I wish you great success and healing.

Thanks, not a prob and yes, I couldn't find the words but this is exactly what it's like... Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayellekay