NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eileen, no bike has been found. IM has said on FB that she doesnt know if he took it or when it went missing but it is not in the garage. She did mention on one post on FB that he used to ride his bike on the edgewood preserve trails, which i guess, is why she had both searches there. Scary place to ride, IMO

Cawfee- re his union ID...has there been any mention of it? I dont think ive seen that mentioned anywhere.

And that car...hmmm....if he NEVER parked at the train then why would that be the FIRST place her friends would look AND be right? Sounds to me like someone knew that the car would be left there. Just sayin'. My husband never takes the train...it would not even cross my mind to look there.

BBM - I don't know that it's the first place they looked. IIRC it wasn't found until around 5 the following day.

So... an iPhone 4s is a very common cellphone. How many of you can shut yours off, completely?

Ready. Set. Go. Shut your phone off. I mean completely off, not just pressing that top right button to put it to sleep.

Not so easy, is it?

I own one myself and I NEVER shut it off. I had to use Google to find out how to do it several weeks ago and, in fact, I have since forgotten the exact sequence of moves to make it happen.

So, how is it that RM's phone shut off completely at 2:45 PM, during the 10 minutes that he was home, according to the neighbor's surveillance camera? The battery at that precise moment shut off? Somehow I doubt that. The non-techie figured out how to shut it off himself in those 10 minutes? I doubt that too.

Huh? I'm sorry, but I would be very surprised if a 46 year old guy would not know how to completely shut off his phone and I'm not a guy. I'ts very easy to do.

I know I asked this--- who was RM's connection into Local 3???? I doubt he became an apprentice at 40

Excellent question. BTW, here I sit drinking my hot cawfee!

The cops MUST have interviewed his co-workers. Blue collar guys not involved with RM's wife or family would likely be quiet if he told them not to disclose his plans or whereabouts.

I saw a link on here that goes to Local 3's home page. It has the flyer with RM in the pink shirt (and maybe the car?). You need to be a member to get into the forum, but I'm curious to know if his union brothers are actively discussing this or trying to find him. Anyone know a Local 3 guy who could take a look?

This seems like a heavily female-driven search effort. That makes me lean towards RM skipping out with a lover.

The timing, though. Father's Day weekend. Maybe he had been planning to leave for a while ('when the kids are old enough" kind of thing) and couldn't take the thought of having to put on a happy face for them, or go on the planned trip to Italy mentioned (do we know that's even true?).

The car would be way too easy to spot (most men, especially cops and firefighters who like red cars would probably notice it). The logic of leaving it in a different station from the one nearest him is odd, as is the seat pulled up closer.

LOL Periwinkl

Boy do I wish WS would permit one hour of Amnesty--or we each get to post one time our thoughts and theories rule free!!!!

I guess LE has enough proof RM left voluntarily OR not enough proof to pursue a crime has taken place.

Thanks for the info Vedder

And Momoffourboys-- no mention (or answer) to the question I raised of the union card.

Let me add my other theory is he met with foul play in the house and whoever was there waiting for him made him put the bike in the car so that he, the bad guy, could get away.

I keep coming back to a similar theory. Foul play in the house, two bad guys, get away car parked else where. They retrieve the getaway car one leaves in that with RM inside the other leaves in the GTO with the mountain bike in the back. They leave the GTO at the train station to make it look like he may have left on his own. The seat is pushed forward to get the bike out. RMs scent is nowhere around the car since he was not at the train station.

I think he took his car to work left parked the car at the train station and took his bike out of the back. He left his wallet and ids home as to not be found with them. the train station is a place where ppl park their cars sometimes for a day or two maybe he figured it wouldn't be noticed there right away gave him time to escape on his bike.

I think at least this theory has him alive!

Im wondering if he had a bag stashed. change of clothes etc! Its summer a lot of ppl travel around on bikes!

How about a lover working or living near the Deer Park LIRR line? OR how about a lover who lives some other place entirely? Maybe RM drove the GTO there for their rendezvous. Meeting at the Deer Park station, they'd run less risk of being seen together by someone who knows one of them.

If that person is shorter than RM, maybe that's who pulled the seat up more (if that's even true). We need a new WS abbreviation like "ITET" ( = if that's even true)!

BTW, if RM were my spouse (which he's not), I'd be all over WS. Not using my real name, but certainly lurking.

True that Periwinkl!!!!

OK kids-- heading out--and yes, will surely have more questions-LOL--

Have a great day and be safe!!!

If this was a MOB thing..............he would have been found in the trunk of his car! The mob dosent hide its victims.

My thoughts are that this man up and left on his own. I feel he had been stashing some $$$$$$$$ bought himself a new prepaid phone and got out of dodge. Starting a new life. Being that his car was found at the train station says a lot.. Left one mode of transportation for another.

BBM: two words in reply - Jimmy Hoffa.
They do and they don't - also reference The Sopranos (I know, it's fiction but it was pretty close to reality on things like "no body, no crime").

fast question--- how do I refresh my screen to see current comments?? I keep bouncing out and coming back

Make sure that when you sign in, you click the box to keep you logged on.

I didn't know about the F5! :doh: Thanks Vedder!

Great catch!
I took a guess at copper way back in thread ?? when I was thinking about all the scrape after super storm Sandy left.... and copper is the "gold" of scrape today...

Are they even allowed to take the scraps? isn't that theft?

One would think............... Who knows? :banghead:

I think it is and They only found out he was doing this because he went missing!

Easy money Escape fund!

I really don't feel this man was targeted by anyone and took off on his own.
It happens we read about them many times on this forum men and women.
The women usually turn up months later. Ivy Merck! for one and we never find out why there is usually no explanation given. They just leave!

interesting convo on FB re: pings and verizon cell towers. Some good questions.

We have little else to go on.

I think it is and They only found out he was doing this because he went missing!

Easy money Escape fund!

I really don't feel this man was targeted by anyone and took off on his own.
It happens we read about them many times on this forum men and women.
The women usually turn up months later. Ivy Merck! for one and we never find out why there is usually no explanation given. They just leave!

I've thought that since the beginning. No one would be the wiser. If he did it once a week, he's could have saved a lot in a fairly short time period, especially if it was all copper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayellekay