NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE holds things close to their vest because they don't believe a crime has been committed. Nothing to say if that's the case.

Clemenza--- I think that question was asked but not answered OR it ws answered in that non-informative answer thingy that has been done to us.

I think we get "lawyered" in here sometimes--MOO

Couldn't agree more, cawfee. It's exactly why I'm pulling back a little regarding the credibility of some of this info. Yet another elephant in the room full of elephants....

For all we know, LE is NOT "processing" the car at this time. Maybe it's just got a bunch of NYC parking tickets and is being held. Where was it being parked in downtown Brooklyn, where it is just about impossible to park? A garage? If not, it's easy to start getting big fat tickets there. And why would a car nut want to leave his jazzy red GTO parked all day where someone could mess with it?

I want to believe the public is being told as much as is reasonable to know. Maybe LE is wondering about being "lawyered," too.

Come on. If there was nothing in the car to process after 8 weeks it would be sitting in RM's driveway right now.

Hi newly registered but I have been following this story since the beginning. I would guess that if you chose to become a verified insider the information you supply is valid...therefore I believe (so IMO) that RM's car was seen on the neighbors camera between 2:40pm and 2:50pm. Whether he was the one driving or not remains to be seen...but it makes sense with knowing the time the phone was shut down (2:45pm). He either shut it or someone shut it for him....

Also, although LE had not made any statements for weeks, his status was changed to endangered missing and the reporter from CBS said the police are still investigating. Any idea how long they investigate if they believe no foul play was involved?

OMG___ no!!!!!! I did not mean to imply that RM's mom passed away---- I meant that her birthday was a few weeks ago---thought I had read that--she was upset that RM was not there.

His mother didn't pass, her birthday recently passed.

Thanks hot cawfee & Clemenza for clearing that up for me; I was confused and am glad to have the facts straight now - I imagine she he heartbroken.

What is pie called down south?
Pie

Come on. If there was nothing in the car to process after 8 weeks it would be sitting in RM's driveway right now.

The whole car thing is a mystery inside and enigma. I feel sure there are details not being told to public. Prints, scent, lock bar, what was found in the car and what not found.

:welcome5: MrsColumbo. Good first post. Glad to have you on this forum.

Good question.... have no idea of the answer on how long.

Thanks!
I have lots of IMO's running through my brain...going to try my best to articulate them well on here. :)

IMO...being told nothing by LE says everything...there must be way more to this then can be publicly addressed. The car, the phone, the video, the lack of serious media presence (another question???...can LE ask the media not dig into a case? and do they usually adhere to that request??) If they do that would explain a lot too.

Hi newly registered but I have been following this story since the beginning. I would guess that if you chose to become a verified insider the information you supply is valid...therefore I believe (so IMO) that RM's car was seen on the neighbors camera between 2:40pm and 2:50pm. Whether he was the one driving or not remains to be seen...but it makes sense with knowing the time the phone was shut down (2:45pm). He either shut it or someone shut it for him....

Also, although LE had not made any statements for weeks, his status was changed to endangered missing and the reporter from CBS said the police are still investigating. Any idea how long they investigate if they believe no foul play was involved?

Here is my problem with the 2:45 dead phone theory --and I don't know enough about phone pings but lets touch on this for the 100th time. And I don't even know if this is relevant anymore due to his being "confirmed" at the scrap yard at 2:15.

IM claims Phone died at 2:45. But last ping was 1:45 in Melville. If the phone was on during this time why didn't it ping? From what I quickly researched, a phone pings every few minutes at the most. So in essence, the phone actually died or was disengaged closer to 1:45, not 2:45, correct?

Or can someone with better knowledge of cell phones than me explain why a phone that isn't dead did not ping for an hour?
It does make sense that rte 110 near Melville would be about 30 mins to scarp yard, so that puts him at scrap yard right on time, 2:15.

But we are talking LI here, not the sticks of PA, there is no way he didn't get a signal or Another ping during this hour.

Here is my problem with the 2:45 dead phone theory --and I don't know enough about phone pings but lets touch on this for the 100th time. And I don't even know if this is relevant anymore due to his being "confirmed" at the scrap yard at 2:15.

IM claims Phone died at 2:45. But last ping was 1:45 in Melville. If the phone was on during this time why didn't it ping? From what I quickly researched, a phone pings every few minutes at the most. So in essence, the phone actually died or was disengaged closer to 1:45, not 2:45, correct?

Or can someone with better knowledge of cell phones than me explain why a phone that isn't dead did not ping for an hour?
It does make sense that rte 110 near Melville would be about 30 mins to scarp yard, so that puts him at scrap yard right on time, 2:15.

But we are talking LI here, not the sticks of PA, there is no way he didn't get a signal or Another ping during this hour.

Who is telling us the phone didn't ping after 1:45? The same people telling us the video doesn't exist?

Sorry... I didn't mean to sound flippant. But, why do we selectively take some statements to be fact and others to be false. What authority is telling us when the last ping was. It is "as told" to msm.

Who is telling us the phone didn't ping after 1:45? The same people telling us the video doesn't exist?

You are right Clemenza, we have very few facts, and even the ones we do have are questionable.

Someone said it before, it may be a simple case from day 1, and the public has been played all along.

IMO...being told nothing by LE says everything...there must be way more to this then can be publicly addressed. The car, the phone, the video, the lack of serious media presence (another question???...can LE ask the media not dig into a case? and do they usually adhere to that request??) If they do that would explain a lot too.

Bingo

Mommy doesnt like being...played.
IMO...LE is withholding alot of info.

As far as the "sighting" and the "pie" - you have my attention, Alabama.

Ok, so my BF just had a thought. Did RM fire someone from the job site recently, or in the not too distant past. He was a foremen. He had that authority.

BTW, my BF and I are now deeply involved in this.

Hmm curious, an ex employee that could have gone postal. Yea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee