NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is pie called in the south. I'm really curious. :please:

From what I gather..

the question of the "pie" refers to what different regions call "pizza"...

In some areas pizza is called "pizza"...

In some areas of the country pizza is called "pie" ...

JMO

Quite frankly, and MOO, I don't know what to consider "fact". All I know is RM is missing. LE has made no statement.

We are basically going by what we read on FB, and news that gets it's source from whom?

It has been "reported";
1. He's missing.
2. He was seen at work that day.
3. Cell was pinged.
4. He went to Arrow. (no video)
5. Car was found at station.

We can speculate all we want, but really we know very little.

The first thread has some interesting posts. There is more than 1 poster talking about about video on his street @2:45. :twocents:

Well said - I agree and BBM is so true!
Considering that, amazing the attention this case is generating here!

I'm relatively new here but I would think this is the type of case that does generate a lot of interest from the sleuths. Speculations/scenarios galore. Not like Jack Ruby shooting Oswald on tv for the world to witness. LOL

Hi Steve :seeya:

I think that's because the "lack of info" is intriguing.
And the tidbits we are getting makes us wonder.

:websleuther:

Also, the FB posts are quite intriguing and some of them just strange.
Really makes you think....

Mrs. Columbo, I also believe that NCNY was telling the truth and that the car was seen on video in the driveway. Why then is IM telling a different story to the entire country?????

Sorry Mom....I deleted my post because I thought it might be insensitive. I will put it back so that you don't look like you're nuts. LOL This was originally posted after BunnyHop's.

We can really get as cynical as we allow ourselves to be. I just had to chuckle as I look at this very brief list of "facts". Who reported that he was seen at work that day? Was he? We KNOW he's missing. Has ANY information come from ANY other source than Ida? Did we see an investigative reporter interview an employee that says he saw Rob? Have we seen an interview with a neighbor? Have we seen an interview with a scrap yard employee that says Rob was there? Have we heard an interview with a friend/sibling/cousin/parent? Have we heard from ANYONE other than Ida? She is the only source of all information. So, WE only know what she wants us to know. Obviously, LE has their own means of acquiring information.

BBM - Arrow foreman was interviewed.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2013...sband-and-father-still-missing-after-7-weeks/

Don't know if this is nitpicking....it doesn't say that he was seen that day. He was a regular customer over the years. But, at least it is a comment from an outsider.

Aren't we here to pick nits? :silly:

The arrow foreman states that RM was a "longtime, if sporadic" customer...and his wife never knew?

The arrow foreman states that RM was a "longtime, if sporadic" customer...and his wife never knew?

I couldn't tell you where my husband brings scrap. I know he goes to Brooklyn and the Bronx, and that's about it.

Don't know if this is nitpicking....it doesn't say that he was seen that day. He was a regular customer over the years. But, at least it is a comment from an outsider.

As you stated in your previous post, we basically are getting all of our info from one source, IM. And whatever we get is just not specific enough.

This scrap yard is another example. As you mentioned, Was he really there that day? Couldnt Arrow employees have easily mixed up the days, maybe it was Thurs, or Wed when they saw him? Remember, they were interviewed (supposedly) about 3 weeks after the disappearnce. And unless IM has some dated and time stamped documentation of this supposedly "minimal transaction", I have my doubts about what any of those people at Arrow state as truth.

And as I mentioned before, way too many questions----was RM's car really seen at the worksite? What if he did take the train this particular morning for whatever reason, even though he hated it? It would certainly explain that great parking spot he had! What if the seat was pulled up because he was getting a tool box out of the back before getting on the train? What if the co-workers just assumed he had his car because he always did?

Too many ifs, buts, and way too many questions.....and even the answers we do get are minimal and not concrete enough for me. It just makes me feel like posting scenarios (and God knows I have posted about 100 of them) completely fruitless.:banghead:

I'm relatively new here but I would think this is the type of case that does generate a lot of interest from the sleuths. Speculations/scenarios galore. Not like Jack Ruby shooting Oswald on tv for the world to witness. LOL

Ah, but what was Jack Ruby's connection to Oswald? That question has been around for nearly 50 years!

This case is so frustrating -- did Rob leave on his own or did something untoward happen to him? I hope we find out sooner than later, as I am sure the family does, too.

"Betty Lukich, Phoenix Woman, Is Reunited With Family Who Believed She Was Dead For 30 Years (VIDEO)"....in huff post today. Thats terrible. She just up-and-left. Leaving her family to fear the worst for 30 years.

The facts as I see them:

Healthy, fit, grown man missing.
No crime scene.
No body.
No blood.
Left his wallet home.
Was in the neighborhood but passed by to go elsewhere.
Cell phone deactivates.

Had (surprisingly?) little cell phone activity earlier that day that despite leaving work early, heading home and it being the Friday before a "holiday" weekend.

Arrow Scrap Metal also recycles electronics, i.e. computer harddrives and cell phones, i.e. devices with traceable data.

"Prized" automobile found unharmed in a prominent space in a locale which would certainly be searched.

Locale where auto is found also is convenient to transportation to NYC in one direction, Montauk in the other.

The trunk of the auto, possibly containing the "tools of the missing man's trade", was swept clean.

LE has not determined a crime has been committed.

...So what is that all about? Got a wife and kid in Baltimore, Jack?

The facts as I see them:

Healthy, fit, grown man missing.
No crime scene.
No body.
No blood.
Left his wallet home.
Was in the neighborhood but passed by to go elsewhere.
Cell phone deactivates.

Had (surprisingly?) little cell phone activity earlier that day that despite leaving work early, heading home and it being the Friday before a "holiday" weekend.

Arrow Scrap Metal also recycles electronics, i.e. computer harddrives and cell phones, i.e. devices with traceable data.

"Prized" automobile found unharmed in a prominent space in a locale which would certainly be searched.

Locale where auto is found also is convenient to transportation to NYC in one direction, Montauk in the other.

The trunk of the auto, possibly containing the "tools of the missing man's trade", was swept clean.

LE has not determined a crime has been committed.

...So what is that all about? Got a wife and kid in Baltimore, Jack?

I agree with 99% of your post----

My only issue is, if he really wanted to disappear, the only thing I think he would have done differently is go to a different scrap yard, where he wasnt a "regular". Just cash in whatever he had and vanish into the sunset. Nobody would be the wiser.

This way even his co-workers (who brought Arrow in the spotlight) would have not been able to provide this (helpful?) information.

Unless he went there since they knew him and he knew they wouldnt ask for his ID which was supposedly left home.

"Betty Lukich, Phoenix Woman, Is Reunited With Family Who Believed She Was Dead For 30 Years (VIDEO)"....in huff post today. Thats terrible. She just up-and-left. Leaving her family to fear the worst for 30 years.

Snipped from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-told-hed-buried-marijuana-field-house.html

The mini-reunion evoked many tears, according to The Bangor Daily News.

Ms Lukich is set to stay in Maine for a month. When she returns to Arizona she says she has plans to move to North Carolina to live with another daughter.

However, she admitted that Maine still held a special place in her heart. 'I missed Maine springs, summers and falls,' she said.

Sometimes there's nothing to say other than "Really?!?! Really?!?!:facepalm::confused:

There are no certitudes in this case, of course, especially for me who doesn't have an inkling about the character of the man. and even if I did, who am I to judge.

The location of the vehicle, however, strikes me the same way that finding a dead child resting in repose with a beloved stuffed toy. Someone cared about that child in some way. Someone took care with the auto. Deer Park LIRR may not be the safest place but it beats abandoning the car on Straight Path.

So why is the car found at the local LIRR Station? And does it have the town parking sticker? (a little LI levity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee