NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the NAMUS website claim the last known location as being the Driveway, but RM's wife and the media is claiming it was Arrow?

This has been a bone of contention since way back in this case. A "verified insider" (NCNY) stated that a neighbor's surveillance video exists that shows Rob's car at 2:45-ish. Coincidentally (or not) the same time his phone "dies". People here are divided as to whether or not they are willing to accept this as fact. Some consider it hearsay or unsubstantiated rumor. This info is not in msm, has not been confirmed by LE, and I BELIEVE but don't want to be quoted because I'm not positive, that Ida said "that's not accurate". Not a confirmation, not a denial. Some people are willing to accept hearsay and unsubstantiated rumor from selected sources but do not have faith in our "verified insider". I do. I believe NCNY and believe that "the car" was in the neighborhood at 2:45.

I don't remember where either but I thought IM said it was still being reivewed.

Just got home. We went back to the place where I though i saw RM and asked the manager if she recalls seeing him.she said not really,so he's not a regular diner.

Asked the hostess,who was there that day, and she said maybe...he looks familiar
and said she will for sure keep an eye out...
I mentioned the mole and his finger being shorter. she said I will call local le if i see him.
That's all I have.

This has been a bone of contention since way back in this case. A "verified insider" (NCNY) stated that a neighbor's surveillance video exists that shows Rob's car at 2:45-ish. Coincidentally (or not) the same time his phone "dies". People here are divided as to whether or not they are willing to accept this as fact. Some consider it hearsay or unsubstantiated rumor. This info is not in msm, has not been confirmed by LE, and I BELIEVE but don't want to be quoted because I'm not positive, that Ida said "that's not accurate". Not a confirmation, not a denial. Some people are willing to accept hearsay and unsubstantiated rumor from selected sources but do not have faith in our "verified insider". I do. I believe NCNY and believe that "the car" was in the neighborhood at 2:45.
Clemenza, I also went back and read NCNY's posts and found them totally credible. If that is so, the facts being put out about the lat known whereabouts at RM being at the Arrow Scrap yard are false and the public is being lied to.

You probably mean Friday 6/14 or Monday 6/17.

Thanks for posting!

No, SORRY I was meaning July,. Not June... His cancer treatment started
on July 11th a Thursday. He has 25 days,ending on the 14th of august.
sorry for the confusion...

Are all posts currently being reviewed by a MOD or just mine?!?

*It appears the post I quoted is now MIA, so I guess I'll just go into :hiding:

Clemenza, I also went back and read NCNY's posts and found them totally credible. If that is so, the facts being put out about the lat known whereabouts at RM being at the Arrow Scrap yard are false and the public is being lied to.

I don't know. Can anyone confirm he was in fact driving the car? Technically, was HE seen or just the car? Are there strategic reasons for withholding this information...if it is indeed fact?

Clemenza I liked your post about the possible LE strategy but I'm confused a bit too. The verified insider information supports the NamUs time & place last seen. IF it's LE strategy to "hush" this, then wouldn't they change the NamUs info as well??

So let me get this right? We are sure 100% that Arrow is the last place he was seen?????????

No we are not. We are 100% sure that that is what we are allowed to know.

I believe NCNY. I think his car went home after he was at the scrap metal place and while his car was there his phone went dead.

Whether or not he was in it is a good question but given where the car was eventually found I do think he was.

JMO

I don't know. Can anyone confirm he was in fact driving the car? Technically, was HE seen or just the car? Are there strategic reasons for withholding this information...if it is indeed fact?

I am going by the comments of NCNY, who I considered to be extremely credible in his posts, and who I believe back then was verified before he suddenly stopped posting. If in fact true, why is the media being told a different story? I assume one day, the right facts will come out.

:twocents: There are many interesting posts on the first thread.

:fence:

Clemenza--- I think that question was asked but not answered OR it ws answered in that non-informative answer thingy that has been done to us.

I think we get "lawyered" in here sometimes--MOO

Bolds by me:

Absolutley cluciano--if he is in rehab, doing jail time or what have you, let your family know and end the mystery. Is there an anniversary or b-day of his kids coming up?? Maybe he will make contact. I know his mother's passed a few weeks ago. Is it possible he left a note and the family is having none of it?MOO

Just wanting to clarify. RM's mother has passed away (a few weeks ago) since RM has gone missing? So sad if that is the case; I was not aware of that.

Yes, he asked for a pie, we don't call them pies in the south

Huh? peach pie, apple pie, pecan pie, sweet tater pie, Moon Pie. : )

topdngirl, thanks for following up at the cafe with staff and updating us. Also, thank you for clarifying the date of your observation. June 14-16 did not seem possible based on when his went missing photo was made public. Prayers for you and your husband through his treatments and that the treatments are successful.

Clemenza, you seem to have touched on the twisty details, I agree it's possible car but not RM seen. Also, LE may be holding things close to the vest for now.

Bunnyhop--post 116-- I have to go back there and re-read them

OMG___ no!!!!!! I did not mean to imply that RM's mom passed away---- I meant that her birthday was a few weeks ago---thought I had read that--she was upset that RM was not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee