NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SeeI think Robert was seen there(ARROW) but his car was NOT!

SeeI think Robert was seen there(ARROW) but his car was NOT!

Very well could be the case.

I do believe there is someone else involved too. He emptied his trunk contents into another vehicle, the other person (he or she) drove the GTO to the station followed by RM, the other person parks the car and hops into vehicle RM is driving, and they drive off into the sunset. I've posted this scenario previously, explains why no scent found around car.

Also, I think he may have kept his tools so he could work wherever he ends up, even if moving around he could find work.

am wondering what is going on at the job-site where he had been working???????

And ElizaAvalon--- agree with you on the car--- its why I dubbed it THE CAR (I feel like I should throw glitter or do jazz hands when I refer to it)--overmuch has been made of it---its not a "smoking gun" IMO--red herring maybe

And ElizaAvalon--- agree with you on the car--- its why I dubbed it THE CAR (I feel like I should throw glitter or do jazz hands when I refer to it)--overmuch has been made of it---its not a "smoking gun" IMO--red herring maybe

Jazz hands :floorlaugh:

I do believe there is someone else involved too. He emptied his trunk contents into another vehicle, the other person (he or she) drove the GTO to the station followed by RM, the other person parks the car and hops into vehicle RM is driving, and they drive off into the sunset. I've posted this scenario previously, explains why no scent found around car.

Also, I think he may have kept his tools so he could work wherever he ends up, even if moving around he could find work.

Exactly this is what I think happened also!

What If Ida held off reporting him missing?

Personally I think he would have called her in a few days but now I don't believe he will at all.

ALL JMO

I try to read everything, but then there are those times! So...... I'm confused why the significance of the cameras at Arrow are important. Didn't an Arrow worker state he was there and wasn't a receipt located at home? If he was on his way from work, he would be alone imoo. What other info are we talking about?

A quick look back at a few original reports for content & terms used related to LE statements. These all seem to be from reporters. I did not find one with a direct quote from a specific LE person.

June 17th - video of interview with IM and written news report.
http://longisland.news12.com/news/f...rt-mayer-of-dix-hills-1.5499513?firstfree=yes
snip from report: "Police are investigating the disappearance, but they say they don't believe a crime has been committed. Anyone with information is being urged to call police at 631-854-8252."

June 19th -This article was written by Amanda Lindner. http://deerpark-northbabylon.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/local-dad-still-missing_b775870d

"Suffolk County Police Second Squad detectives are investigating the situation. Police said that no criminality is believed to have taken place at this point, however, detectives are following all leads."

July 7th -
"Police say they do not believe at this point that a crime was committed."

See more at: http://fios1news.com/longisland/node/37375#sthash.HrfPfW2O.dpuf

This is exactly my point. Thanks for finding these!
Its news12, fios1 and the patch repirting what LE said or is doing.
We have not heard from LE directly.
That bothers me.

Cuoco--my concern with the scrap yard ( and I am not accusing them of anything) is that RM going there (or could have possibly gone there that June day) is info that did not come to light until a couple of weeks (IIRC) after the disappearance. I believe a co-worker told IM that RM could have possibly gone there. And other questions: was RM alone at Arrow making the transaction, did he arrive/leave in THE CAR (glitter....jazz hands--could not resist), did something happen in the parking lot---lots of questions came from the trip to Arrow.

That bothers me.

We wont hear from LE because No crime has been committed.
JMO

ok guys--- heading out----have a great day and be safe

Did IM ever make the big annoucement that was spoken of a couple of weeks back?????
Am not on FB so maybe it was done there????

I think they were working. And I think they probably showed Robert arriving and leaving... and this is why the yard was not searched completely!

Now I understand why his FB wont let anyone talk about the scrap yard.
They know he left there jmo

What makes you say that? There has been plenty of talk about the yard.

What makes you say that? There has been plenty of talk about the yard.

If you talk about the scrap yard they telllet LE take care of the scrap yard.
Go back a few weeks and read. scrap yard talk was a NO No!

Also they don't want u to talk theories anyway its a support page right?
Or it was the last time I looked and that was a while ago.

:banghead:re-- the cameras--- another thought--- it was mid-month-maybe tape/video switches over, automatic maintenance...?????? OR b/c RM's transaction was "minimal" it was not taped????? But (arguing with myself) what about cameras in lot and at front door if those cameras exist????

There are at least two cameras outside the building. Reportedly, don't work. But the owner declined to say if cameras caught sight of the GTO. Why not say they are broken? So maybe they aren't really? If I was the owner of a scrap yard, my cameras would not be down past closing. Theft of metal is hugely on the rise because of what scrap places are paying. So aside from the best alarm system in place, having operable cameras would be of tremendous importance. However, if they were broken maybe the owner doesn't want to admit that exposing how porous his operation might be.

Note: requests about psychics have been removed. Websleuths doesn't discuss psychic information. Just an FYI and all that jazz. :hug:

That bothers me.

They usually go through reporters, so I have to disagree to some extent. Although, a video of a detective answering questions on the case would lessen the possibility of a reporter misinterpreting his or her answers. Unless there are direct quotes from the detectives, a written article can leave a little up to the reader's imagination and how the reader interprets the message.

Hope this makes sense!

JMO

I just think the cameras were working and that JMO
If they were not id expect LE to do a search of the scrap yard. Dogs and all!

If you talk about the scrap yard they telllet LE take care of the scrap yard.
Go back a few weeks and read. scrap yard talk was a NO No!

Also they don't want u to talk theories anyway its a support page right?
Or it was the last time I looked and that was a while ago.

I see talk about the scrap yard on FB.

IIRC the "let LE take care of the scrap yard" was because of talk about going to the scrap yard/surrounding area, which is private property. Average Joe Citizen can't go searching or snooping around private property. IMO that's why the admins say let LE handle the scrap yard.

You wrote a very possible scenario, but I'm still on the fence. Hoping there was no foul play involved and he just took off as you illustrated here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Askmetomorrow2