NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to downplay your find (it is a great find) but it could be because the phone may have been still tethered to the tower in Melville. But once it was too far out of range from the one in Melville it would jump to another tower and ping it, yet never did. I'm not an expert just speculating.

And, how often have you been near a cell tower and your call drops anyway. If it's a Verizon tower and you have Sprint, you won't necessarily ping on that tower, they have to have agreements.

FB comment on rm search page written by by I M "SCPD has been wonderful and is still actively searching. .full time."

thought it might help answer the question on whether or not the scpd was looking or not, she obviously believes so.

I find myself coming back to trying to understand the time line on the reported last ping (1:45pm) and the reported time the phone went dead or was shut off (2:45pm).

First a couple comments.
The tower in the pics does seem to be a phone tower; however do we know RM's work phone carrier and whether that specific tower services his carrier? Does anyone recall it stated what carrier handled his work phone? I think there is a resource that can ID the tower, but we need to know the cell service provider to search.

Looking at a Google map from the Melville area to the Arrow Scrap location, to RM's home and to the Deer Park Train Station ... I believe that a different cell tower (or certainly a different quadrant of the same tower that pinged at 1:45) would be picking up pings at his home or train station if it was still on at those points.

So...
-- 1:45 pm was last reported ping (Melville) near Huntington.
-- Reported last time RM seen was at 2:15pm by an employee at Arrow Scrap on Kean St. West Babylon.
-- NCNY (verified insider with WS) reported RM's car left the home @ around 2:45 (per report on video cam).
-- Reported that RM's phone went dead or was shut off at 2:45.

There seem to be several curious possibilities within this hour or so. Was RM separated from his phone or not? If yes, was it near Melville or Arrow? Did the sighting of his car near home at 2:45 AND the reported time the phone went dead (2:45) - give a piece of critical information? :banghead:

Maybe ElizaAvalon has some insight to add on the towers/pings, etc. I understand she was very involved in that area in the Anthony case? :fence:

Ok sooooo why would dogs not be called in to search the scrap yard?

1. They know he left there
2. he was seen someplace else?

I am guessing that its been confirmed RM was there--maybe those non-working cameras worked afterall????

I just looked at the pictures again... That cell phone tower is even closer to Arrow than I thought. Look at the picture that shows the south side of Arrow... Tower is directly behind it.

Good on ya' teamilk8!!!!!!!!!

Ok, as promised, I went out at lunchtime and took some pictures of the area surrounding Arrow.
{respectful snip}

Great pics! Thank you for taking the time to do it.

The thing that stood out most to me are the cameras on Cherri Bombs (pic #2). If it's really as close as it seems to Arrow, I wonder if their surveillance camera system was ever checked.

tcg

the car was locked????---interesting----would a stranger or thief lock the car? Probably not---only you would lock your own car.

I thought so too. If you're going to just abandon the car without a care, you're not going to care to lock it. So whether RM or perp drove it and parked it, the intent was to return to the vehicle.

Or it was locked to make it appear all was fine, that RM himself had parked and locked it?

Or it was locked to make it appear all was fine, that RM himself had parked and locked it?

Thanks for your cat avatars - makes me smile! :D

The locked car is strange - if a had taken it and parked it there, would think it would have left open to encourage others to go into it to steal or simply corrupt any forensic evidence...

Locking is the kind of thing I would think the car owner would instinctively do...

I thought so too. If you're going to just abandon the car without a care, you're not going to care to lock it. So whether RM or perp drove it and parked it, the intent was to return to the vehicle.

I agree. The placement of the car has been a key thing with me and especially now that Teamilk8 has shown the many places the car might have been abandoned or destroyed.

FB comment on rm search page written by by I M "SCPD has been wonderful and is still actively searching. .full time."

thought it might help answer the question on whether or not the scpd was looking or not, she obviously believes so.

Someone had posted before her that she knows the sheriff and he said they had been searching but aren't anymore. :scared:

IMO, this is one very organized disappearance we have here.

I'm still on a fence, between voluntarily leaving and a clean hit. And I could be wrong on those ideas as well. Any way I look at it, this if very organized.

Seeing that cell tower today right behind Arrow really got me thinking.

If anyone would like more photos, let me know. As creepy as it is in that area, I'm happy to help out
Oh Teamilk, its way more than creepy there. Bless you for going and taking pics!
Thank you so much!

IMO, this is one very organized disappearance we have here.

I'm still on a fence, between voluntarily leaving and a clean hit. And I could be wrong on those ideas as well. Any way I look at it, this if very organized.

BBM - Yes! I think that's what makes this such an intriguing disappearance!

RM seems like a homebody, and he's a big guy who drives a flashy car, and who's work brings him in contact with scape metal, especially oh so valuable copper! Add to that, the very place he never wants to leave his car at is where his car is found - locked, and where tracking dogs don't find a scent trail.. Oh, almost forgot, a trip to Italy was planned very recent to his disappearance, and his disappearance was the Friday right before Father's Day...

I feel like we are missing something -- is someone :hiding: something that we don't know about?

It is all so bizarre...I don't know what more to say.

i have been following this case since the beginning,,, i live in the same area as RM, although I dont know them... I find all these posts interesting... I did however have a thought this morning, which is why I decided to join. Not many facts here, Just what IM has shared.... is there a chance the cameras were working at Arrow and they were able to see footage of RM there and leaving in his own car? IM is stating there werent any working cameras... how do we know that to be a fact? Police didnt announce that info. is there a possibility that the police have heard from RM? All of the "facts" are coming from IM... maybe they do have his cell phone? again, all facts are coming from IM, not the LE... she is sharing what she wants us to BELIEVE.. maybe she drove him to the train station , which is why the seat is pulled up.. her parents were waiting for her in her other car.. thoughts... my biggest question.. why isnt RM sister, who also lives locally any where to be seen or heard? Where are his neighbors? Friends? all involved here are total strangers.

i have been following this case since the beginning,,, i live in the same area as RM, although I dont know them... I find all these posts interesting... I did however have a thought this morning, which is why I decided to join. Not many facts here, Just what IM has shared.... is there a chance the cameras were working at Arrow and they were able to see footage of RM there and leaving in his own car? IM is stating there werent any working cameras... how do we know that to be a fact? Police didnt announce that info. is there a possibility that the police have heard from RM? All of the "facts" are coming from IM... maybe they do have his cell phone? again, all facts are coming from IM, not the LE... she is sharing what she wants us to BELIEVE.. maybe she drove him to the train station , which is why the seat is pulled up.. her parents were waiting for her in her other car.. thoughts... my biggest question.. why isnt RM sister, who also lives locally any where to be seen or heard? Where are his neighbors? Friends? all involved here are total strangers.

Teacherkids-- welcome and great first post and Thank You!!!!--- have been thinking that too---where is "everyone"??? And why are they not helping????

Was there any confirmation on the possible sighting of RM in Mass. ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman