NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me preface this with the fact that I really don't believe much in coincidences. And I personally overthink everything.

In this case, I'm going to say the opposite. I think that maybe there is too much over thinking on the parking spot. RM hadn't parked there In 6 years or so, as per NCNY. So if someone who knew him left it there, he would have to have known him over 6 yrs ago,don't ya think? I'm sure that is his old parking spot isn't something that would come up in a casual conversation. It isn't like knowing his favorite sports teams or something that would typically be discussed.

Secondly, Assuming someone other than RM drove that car there, I think it was just a coincidence his car was parked "near" his usual spot. Obviously it was left there for a reason, which of course is unknown. But if it was dropped in the middle of the night (midnight to 5am let's say), I just think the perp left it up front close to the platform. I don't think the perp had any knowledge that he used to park "near" there. I think the perp was following orders to "go park the car at the train station somewhere that wouldn't raise suspicion of a crime", and IMO, that would be as close to the platform as possible.

Jerry----as a chronic overthinker and analyzer, suffice it to say Great Post!!!
I love that we can debate this!! I think the parking spot is one of what I have been calling "contrived things" that stick out about this whole missing persons case. IMO THE CAR being parked there and found there (yes-redundant) is significant. If someone was implying that RM was not thinking clearly/not himself--then RM parking there, a place he had not parked in years/would NEVER EVER park there b/c he hated that train station b/c its not safe, has no security cameras, alot of cars broken into then perhaps in that individual's mind, their case has been proven.

Im wondering how much SCRAP this guy has sold?
And what if its not a MINIMAL amount?

Yes, it was regarding the number of people joining the FB page during the heyday. She said something like, "wow, over 2,000, see Rob, you are important" or something close to that.

Yes!!! Thanks Curious-- thats what I was thinking of!!!!!

I think our four working scenarios are: 1) left willingly (with or without a reason that people will find acceptable), 2) was the victim of violence from someone who knew him, 3) was the victim of random violence, 4) committed suicide/died from the result of something medical. I don't feel the last two are likely. But, I'm willing to admit that we don't know the whole story, and if we did then maybe one scenario would stand out.

Perhaps we can add to #1 " left willingly with the knowledge or help of someone"?

Jerry----as a chronic overthinker and analyzer, suffice it to say Great Post!!!
I love that we can debate this!! I think the parking spot is one of what I have been calling "contrived things" that stick out about this whole missing persons case. IMO THE CAR being parked there and found there (yes-redundant) is significant. If someone was implying that RM was not thinking clearly/not himself--then RM parking there, a place he had not parked in years/would NEVER EVER park there b/c he hated that train station b/c its not safe, has no security cameras, alot of cars broken into then perhaps in that individual's mind, their case has been proven.

At this point, one thing we can be certain of is that the person/people that executed this plan were thinking clearly.

Dear "Person Who Parked The Car", Could you be a little clearer in what you wanted people to believe? With all the inconsistencies in this one act, we've missed your point.
:banghead:

At this point, one thing we can be certain of is that the person/people that executed this plan were thinking clearly.

But, for every scenario I've tried to follow all the way through, there's a point where I say: "Oh, wait...that wouldn't work." Two of the big parts of the story: the trip to the scrap yard, and where the car was found, have so many variables that I can't make them fit any scenario well. I DO think that some things were done to make people "connect the dots", but I haven't been able to. Have you? Please give me a nudge in the right direction! :blushing:
:sos:

What are the scenarios for random crime?

Robbery of Iphone, lunch pail, Club, and contents of the trunk of a car but not the auto itself?

Robbery gone awry - random killing in secluded place - no evidence of crime and the vehicle is driven from the scene, parked and locked in the random victim's local LIRR station. Also the perp parks the car closest to where he might be spotted ?

Just the random murder of a 46 year old male, in a secluded spot and again no evidence in victim's vehicle which is driven from the scene, parked, locked in the LIRR station?

Interesting profile on this/these perps? IMO

Angel629--- your post 168--- speaking for myself--a couple of things jumped out immediately and then other things followed. I am a cynical person and also I hate being lied to and treated like I am stupid-----and so I have looked at all this thru at times a not very objective lense. It all seemed very heavy-handed and melodramtic (IMO) from the start. I believe RM left voluntarily and a "suspicious scene" was crafted after the fact.

What are the scenarios for random crime?

Robbery of Iphone, lunch pail, Club, and contents of the trunk of a car but not the auto itself?

Robbery gone awry - random killing in secluded place - no evidence of crime and the vehicle is driven from the scene, parked and locked in the random victim's local LIRR station. Also the perp parks the car closest to where he might be spotted ?

Just the random murder of a 46 year old male, in a secluded spot and again no evidence in victim's vehicle which is driven from the scene, parked, locked in the LIRR station?

Interesting profile on this/these perps? IMO

You're right. It's not a likely scenario. If I believe that a seemingly healthy/fit adult male (in control of his faculties) became the victim of random violence in broad daylight, I have to go with robbery. The most valuable thing (the car) turns up parked and in good condition (not stripped, not left in an "abandoned in a hurry" way, not looking like a crime scene)...so that lets that out. If Rob himself was robbed (let's say after the scrap yard)...where is he? And, if I robbed/murdered him there, of ALL the possible things I would do next...parking his car at the train station wouldn't even make the list. :banghead:

***If the missing person was a WOMAN***, I could list "abduction with subsequent rape/murder" as a scenario. I could also believe that her body could be found far away and/or secluded.

I am a writer and I know a couple other people on here are as well. I keep going back and giving myself an "assignment". I want this scenario, so how do I get there. Couple of things that would *work*:
1) he drove to the scrap yard, got a little cash, ran by the house for something he forgot/needed (heck, maybe he went there to say goodbye, adios, I'm outta here, but IM wasn't home), drove to the train station, scooted the seat up to get something out of the back seat, hopped on the train and was off to a new life
2) he had help and left on a volunteer basis - maybe he was being threatened due to previous activity due to a family member.

Dear "Person Who Parked The Car", Could you be a little clearer in what you wanted people to believe? With all the inconsistencies in this one act, we've missed your point.
:banghead:

I like this idea, "Person Who Parked The Car". Perhaps LE is keeping the car with this person in mind.

The car.......I'm still liking my previous theory. IM used the phrase "my car" a few weeks ago. What if it was thrown in his face all the time, "we have all this because of me", and he was made to feel unimportant in life. Maybe she called it "my car" one too many times during discussions. He makes a decision to leave, the last thing he does is parks the car in a very obvious place, walks away saying, "there's your car".

Its a RED GTO sports car what PERP is going to drive around n a red sports car?

If any crime was committed here that car would have been left in an abandoned lot or street not parked in a public transportation lot. JMO

Busses pick up there and you can place your bike on the front of the bus and get out of the area quickly.

And As to his scent not being there well there are a few explanations for that one if you really think hard enuff.

I am wondering if the bicycle has absolutely nothing to do with where the car was parked.
The car could have been parked there by someone else who was familiar with where he parked years ago, and perhaps that person then rode the bike somewhere else, or the bike never was at the train station in the first place, even though it was said to be missing.
I was reading on the thread that people have questioned IM about a photo of the bike, but a photo was never shown.
IMOO.

Angel629--- your post 168--- speaking for myself--a couple of things jumped out immediately and then other things followed. I am a cynical person and also I hate being lied to and treated like I am stupid-----and so I have looked at all this thru at times a not very objective lense. It all seemed very heavy-handed and melodramtic (IMO) from the start. I believe RM left voluntarily and a "suspicious scene" was crafted after the fact.

You said it much better than I could! :) I feel the same way.
IMOO.

But, for every scenario I've tried to follow all the way through, there's a point where I say: "Oh, wait...that wouldn't work." Two of the big parts of the story: the trip to the scrap yard, and where the car was found, have so many variables that I can't make them fit any scenario well. I DO think that some things were done to make people "connect the dots", but I haven't been able to. Have you? Please give me a nudge in the right direction! :blushing:
:sos:

Same here.

We know the car was seen on the neighbor's camera yet that info is not for public consumption.

I can't think of a good reason to keep this information quiet if he left on his own.

And another thing about the car, I'm no expert, but how could canines not get his scent, it was his freaking car!!!

I absolutely don't think some parties are being as transparent as they should. The FB page is no help with admin deleting legitimate questions, etc. Somebody found a green bike on Craigslist in NY for sale and posted a picture to FB. Response was less than enthusiastic.

And, there we go again, the whole bike is missing thing comes only from IM. We can't even count that as "fact" to be honest. I wish LE would release a statement so we know what's fact and what isn't.

Grrrrrr!

Edited due to wording.

And another thing about the car, I'm no expert, but how could canines not get his scent, it was his freaking car!!!

Is it possible that he didn't drive that car that often, or someone else drove it more often?
Did he have a company work vehicle that he would drive instead of using his own car?
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member