Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here.

We know the car was seen on the neighbor's camera yet that info is not for public consumption.

I can't think of a good reason to keep this information quiet if he left on his own.

BBM - that information is on the NAMUS sight now under "last seen". Listed as 2:50 pm

And another thing about the car, I'm no expert, but how could canines not get his scent, it was his freaking car!!!

We have never figured out what kind of dogs they used (scent vs cadaver), but it is my understanding, from somewhere in previous posts, that the dogs didn't pick his scent up outside the car at the train station.

BBM - that information is on the NAMUS sight now under "last seen". Listed as 2:50 pm

Does that mean that he was also seen as the driver, or the car was seen, but nobody could tell who the driver was?
NamUs doesn't mention it was him driving...implied, but doesn't say.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20818/0/

"Last seen going out of driveway with red 2004 pontiac gto. Car was found Saturday June 15 at Deer Park Train Station. He has no identification, no wallet.."

So, the car was last seen driving out of the driveway, but it is implied that the driver is Robert.
Was he seen on video?
IMOO.

And another thing about the car, I'm no expert, but how could canines not get his scent, it was his freaking car!!!

They were there for the purpose of "tracking" RM's scent...meaning away from the car (as in the train platform, the grounds of nearby Pilgrim Psychiatric, etc.). Yes, his scent would absolutely be inside the car.

We have never figured out what kind of dogs they used (scent vs cadaver), but it is my understanding, from somewhere in previous posts, that the dogs didn't pick his scent up outside the car at the train station.

LOL, so what's the signal, one paw for inside, two paws for outside?

I'm sorry for the humor, I'm not an expert on scents, it just stands to reason to me his scent would be around the car.

And on that note, I do believe he left with someone, he drove a larger, packed "get away" vehicle, and whoever he was "getting away with" drove his GTO (seat moved up), followed by him and on his direction, to the train station. "There's your car".

Does that mean that he was also seen as the driver, or the car was seen, but nobody could tell who the driver was?
NamUs doesn't mention it was him driving...implied, but doesn't say.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20818/0/

"Last seen going out of driveway with red 2004 pontiac gto. Car was found Saturday June 15 at Deer Park Train Station. He has no identification, no wallet.."

So, the car was last seen driving out of the driveway, but it is implied that the driver is Robert.
Was he seen on video?
IMOO.

True. It just says the car was seen. However, I think (and somebody may have to correct me on this) facts on NAMUS have been checked out and confirmed through LE. I wonder if they can add that as "last seen" without verifying it was him driving OR since the car is part of the mystery, that makes it okay to place as "last seen" without verifying it was him driving.

A cadaver dog can do basic tracking as well. The same cannot be said in reverse. I'm not sure which kind of dogs they used, but I trust they used what was appropriate, in the different areas they searched.

I still lean toward one of my earlier hunches, it was a perp that parked the car and got on the train. Because it was locked, planned to return to the car and continue to use/keep it.

Could not disagree more. A perp would never go thru the trouble of keeping car clean, parking in "safer" spot at station and locking the doors. No way. Unless the perp is close to RM or family and left it there as a message to the family. A perp (especially in THAT area) would strip the life out of that car and leave it torn to shreds. IMO.

True. It just says the car was seen. However, I think (and somebody may have to correct me on this) facts on NAMUS have been checked out and confirmed through LE. I wonder if they can add that as "last seen" without verifying it was him driving OR since the car is part of the mystery, that makes it okay to place as "last seen" without verifying it was him driving.

I dont believe facts are confirmed with LE. Facts are supplied by family members. Updates are also given by family members.

The car.......I'm still liking my previous theory. IM used the phrase "my car" a few weeks ago. What if it was thrown in his face all the time, "we have all this because of me", and he was made to feel unimportant in life. Maybe she called it "my car" one too many times during discussions. He makes a decision to leave, the last thing he does is parks the car in a very obvious place, walks away saying, "there's your car".

I agree. If he left willingly and without collusion this would seem to be the message. The added message is , "There's your car, but the lunch pail, Club and tools are mine." Or, he wanted to leave a clean car for her.

If he ran away taking the car would pretty much guarantee being located.

I'm not sure I go with this theory anymore, however. The dogs not tracking his scent is a minor problem but it does throw a glitch into this theory.

I dont believe facts are confirmed with LE. Facts are supplied by family members. Updates are also given by family members.

Namus is a collaborative effort of civilians and LE...thus the possible inconsistencies. The absolute, factual data of this case would be in NCIC, which is off limits to the public. :shakehead:

I agree. If he left willingly and without collusion this would seem to be the message. The added message is , "There's your car, but the lunch pail, Club and tools are mine." Or, he wanted to leave a clean car for her.

If he ran away taking the car would pretty much guarantee being located.

I'm not sure I go with this theory anymore, however. The dogs not tracking his scent is a minor problem but it does throw a glitch into this theory.

If the theory is that he was SO miserable that he felt he had to leave his wife and kids and start a new life...then he wouldnt bother with the lunch pail and club. He would be focused on just getting as far away as possible and leaving it all behind. Im thinking more "take your car and shove it..." And possibly leaving it a mess.

Sounds harsh, but, think about the frame of mind of someone who has reached his breaking point.

But, for every scenario I've tried to follow all the way through, there's a point where I say: "Oh, wait...that wouldn't work." Two of the big parts of the story: the trip to the scrap yard, and where the car was found, have so many variables that I can't make them fit any scenario well. I DO think that some things were done to make people "connect the dots", but I haven't been able to. Have you? Please give me a nudge in the right direction! :blushing:
:sos:

Precisely. Cannot connect the dots all the way through. There could be, and most likely are facts we are unaware of. But, given what we know, this is a well executed, well thought out plan carried out by person/people as we said, thinking clearly. I have myself believing a different scenario almost every day. A couple of questions I keep rehashing....who has the knowledge, expertise and warewithal to carry this out? Who has motive? At this point, too many possibilities to narrow down.

The car.......I'm still liking my previous theory. IM used the phrase "my car" a few weeks ago. What if it was thrown in his face all the time, "we have all this because of me", and he was made to feel unimportant in life. Maybe she called it "my car" one too many times during discussions. He makes a decision to leave, the last thing he does is parks the car in a very obvious place, walks away saying, "there's your car".

I noticed she takes ownership of everything in press con...."My Daughter...My Son" not ours but some people are just like that meaning no insult ...I have friends that don't ever consider their semantics lol

I absolutely don't think some parties are being as transparent as they should. The FB page is no help with admin deleting legitimate questions, etc. Somebody found a green bike on Craigslist in NY for sale and posted a picture to FB. Response was less than enthusiastic.

And, there we go again, the whole bike is missing thing comes only from IM. We can't even count that as "fact" to be honest. I wish LE would release a statement so we know what's fact and what isn't.

Grrrrrr!

Edited due to wording.

I agree that information has not been straight forward and the family has been more cryptic than forthcoming. There is also a sense here on WS that IM is not a sympathetic character. I boycott FB so I don't know what goes on there.

There is no genuine give and take nor depth of emotion shown publicly, which doesn't imply anything in particular, it's just my observation. The Tribute to RM was lacking emotion as well. It seemed awkward and devoid of substance. Or maybe that's just my take? I really didn't want to bring that up originally because it isn't fair to the woman who worked so hard to produce it. I finally mention it because to me it is indicative of the oddness of the case. JMO

If the theory is that he was SO miserable that he felt he had to leave his wife and kids and start a new life...then he wouldnt bother with the lunch pail and club. He would be focused on just getting as far away as possible and leaving it all behind. Im thinking more "take your car and shove it..." And possibly leaving it a mess.

Sounds harsh, but, think about the frame of mind of someone who has reached his breaking point.

It was just a bit of levity. But that being said, why are those items missing?

I think #2 should be more vague. Such as: Was the victim of violence instigated by someone who knew him.

In the foul play scenario, the perp could have been a paid goon for all we know.

But doesn't that car just scream out....Hot Red Car!!! Kinda Sporty!!! Parked in a prominent space where it can be seen by everybody...."hey!!! i'm over here!!!"
and locked no less....but without the club so it could be stolen...maybe hoping it would be stolen...JMO

I noticed she takes ownership of everything in press con...."My Daughter...My Son" not ours but some people are just like that meaning no insult ...I have friends that don't ever consider their semantics lol

Nice pick up!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member