NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anything was confirmed other than that he made a "minimal" transaction. But not sure what their idea of minimal is. This amount just popped up recently and only from the FB as far as I know. JMO

Apparently it was confirmed on the first FB FAQ recently, I haven't looked however.

I'm having a hard time with it too, but people do it. There was a case in Maine where a man disappeared while out shopping with his wife. He was found a decade later--living in PA, IIRC. LE located him, but he refused any contact with his family. He died about 5 years after that in Idaho or Iowa surrounded by his church family. The difference is that this man was much older. His children were adults (30s) when he disappeared. I don't think it is common though, especially if the person doesn't have any mental issues or big legal issues.

JMO

Yeah it is the ages of the kids and also the fact that a man is the one missing, i.e no chance of post partum etc. that has me confused. By these ages there is a different type of bond, I assume, then maybe with a toddler. (No kids here, lol)

Another thought: If he did leave $300 (or $300 was found, I should say) in a drawer in the garage, who KNOWS when it was left? Maybe it was a little petty cash money he had squirreled away for a long time. He could have even forgot about it. It might have nothing to do with this case - I'm assuming no one really went rummaging around in the garage drawers regularly.

Editing to add: On second thought - if he'd wanted to make a statement with the $300, I'd think he'd have left it someplace where it'd be noticed immediately.

Supposedly, the cash and phone were found a week after he disappeared. The wallet was found the first day he disappeared. Could IM assumed he didn't stop at home, so she didn't think to search all the drawers earlier? Seems like she was aware he kept his wallet in the drawers since it was found the day he went missing.

The wallet IIRC was found by 4pm the very day he went missing - now wasn't he expected home approx. 3 pm or only 1 hour before the wallet was "found"? This being in a "drawer in the garage", where as it turns out, a week later in "another drawer in garage" then Tah - Dah!!!, the phone was found. :waitasec:

Another thought: If he did leave $300 (or $300 was found, I should say) in a drawer in the garage, who KNOWS when it was left? Maybe it was a little petty cash money he had squirreled away for a long time. He could have even forgot about it. It might have nothing to do with this case - I'm assuming no one really went rummaging around in the garage drawers regularly.

Editing to add: On second thought - if he'd wanted to make a statement with the $300, I'd think he'd have left it someplace where it'd be noticed immediately.

I dont think he "left" the $300 there. I think we are given material to regurgitate. The bike. The pings. The scrap yard.
:banghead:

The wallet IIRC was found by 4pm the very day he went missing - now wasn't he expected home approx. 3 pm or only 1 hour before the wallet was "found"? This being in a "drawer in the garage", where as it turns out, a week later in "another drawer in garage" then Tah - Dah!!!, the phone was found. :waitasec:

Right. If you are going thru the drawers and find a wallet...wouldnt you be compelled to open the next drawer? Or would you wait a week?

If the wallet was found in a drawer, but he was only an hour late, why would anyone check the drawer for his wallet so soon?
IMOO.

Excellent point!

If the wallet was found in a drawer, but he was only an hour late, why would anyone check the drawer for his wallet so soon?
IMOO.

A lot of good points on the wallet. Maybe he told her he left the wallet in the drawer during their 9am phone call, so when he didn't show up at home at the expected time, she checked to see if the wallet was still there?

Just being the devil's advocate here . .

Hi all, I had to cut and paste this from the previous thread. I posted it last night. I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, but I thought it was worthy of a repost. My only point here is that even with new released "facts", inconsistencies remain, and I still feel we are being "played"

Quote:
Originally Posted by windstorm
According to the release FAQ today, by the time RM's cell phone was found, it was known that the transaction at Arrow Scrap was for $300.00, which explains the $300.00 in the drawer. (not my words, from the FAQ)

JERRY516------------------------------
I've had a busy day, so I've been unable to focus....let me get this straight.....

Cell phone was found 1 week after disappearance right? Didn't IM find out about the scrap yard 2 weeks after his disappearance?

So how was the transaction at the scrap yard known About before they found the phone?

Is something wrong with this equation? Or is it just me?

A lot of good points on the wallet. Maybe he told her he left the wallet in the drawer during their 9am phone call, so when he didn't show up at home at the expected time, she checked to see if the wallet was still there?

Just being the devil's advocate here . .

If that truly is the case, then by checking for it, she would be thinking that he came home, but he must have left again, otherwise why check it at all, if you knew it was there during the 9am phone call....

I do understand where you are coming from though...

IMOO.

I have never left my wallet anywhere other than my blue jeans back pocket or on top of the night stand, ever. I have never encountered a male who left his wallet "in a drawer" + "in the garage". That is of course me imposing my personal experience on some random MP such as RM. :twocents: Am I the only one who thinks this whole scenario is just ... well, not quite right? :gasp:

Hi all, I had to cut and paste this from the previous thread. I posted it last night. I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, but I thought it was worthy of a repost. My only point here is that even with new released "facts", inconsistencies remain, and I still feel we are being "played"

Quote:
Originally Posted by windstorm
According to the release FAQ today, by the time RM's cell phone was found, it was known that the transaction at Arrow Scrap was for $300.00, which explains the $300.00 in the drawer. (not my words, from the FAQ)

JERRY516------------------------------
I've had a busy day, so I've been unable to focus....let me get this straight.....

Cell phone was found 1 week after disappearance right? Didn't IM find out about the scrap yard 2 weeks after his disappearance?

So how was the transaction at the scrap yard known About before they found the phone?

Is something wrong with this equation? Or is it just me?

Right, because the truth does not change, so why the inconsistencies?
The truth should be easy to remember....
IMOO.

I have never left my wallet anywhere other than my blue jeans back pocket or on top of the night stand, ever. I have never encountered a male who left his wallet "in a drawer" + "in the garage". That is of course me imposing my personal experience on some random MP such as RM. :twocents: Am I the only one who thinks this whole scenario is just ... well, not quite right? :gasp:

Unless, that was HIS place. The garage. His safe haven, so to speak.
My hubby parks in the garage...it wouldnt surprise me if he kept his wallet and keys in a drawer there.

Right, because the truth does not change, so why the inconsistencies?
The truth should be easy to remember....
IMOO.

I can't keep all the facts straight on this one. Probably because the person giving the facts keeps changing things.

First the cell phone was found, then it was a miscommunication, now it's found again.

First it was a minimal amount from the scrap - now it's $300.00

First it's 2 weeks before Arrow Scrap is checked (and because somebody he worked with suggested it) - now there is a receipt from Arrow Scrap found 1 week after he went missing.

Unless, that was HIS place. The garage. His safe haven, so to speak.
My hubby parks in the garage...it wouldnt surprise me if he kept his wallet and keys in a drawer there.

JMO, I don't think poor RM had anything that was "his". Even "his" car was called "my car" by IM. I think she ran the show and he just tagged along. Until June 14 2013 that is. :hills:

I can't keep all the facts straight on this one. Probably because the person giving the facts keeps changing things.

First the cell phone was found, then it was a miscommunication, now it's found again.

First it was a minimal amount from the scrap - now it's $300.00

First it's 2 weeks before Arrow Scrap is checked (and because somebody he worked with suggested it) - now there is a receipt from Arrow Scrap found 1 week after he went missing.

Was there actual mention of the receipt for $300 transaction at scrap yard? I dont remember that.
:blushing:

Was there actual mention of the receipt for $300 transaction at scrap yard? I dont remember that.

No receipt ever mentioned. And transaction at Arrow was for "approx $300". Not $300 exactly as found in the drawer.

We can't quote directly from FB as it's not an official source, but....one week later, the neighbors camera was checked out (uncovered, turned it, however it was) and this caused the garage at RM's to be searched....by this time it was known that the transaction at Arrow was for $300.00 which explains the $300.00 in the drawer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop