NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed!! But WHY WHY WHY go to the scrap yard?? If it's the most ballsy thing you ever did, why go there? Only to not care about the money you got there and leave it behind? Doesnt make sense to me.

For that matter, why even go to work??

SOMEBODY STAGED SOMETHING!!!!!!!!! :bang:

who says that money was from that receipt??? It could have been money he already had

I'm beginning to think there are no facts except he has been reported missing.

No he wasn't. But someone in the house was.

Correct. But IMO it's possible that that person may have had certain rights reinstated, especially if a convincing case were made that s/he had a reasonable fear of retribution from anyone. Some exceedingly bad people played a role in the past.

This occurred to me too. Early in the investigation the Long island fire arms or something like that club or whatever posted his missing persons info. Maybe he was a member? And if he was a member I would think he has a firearm of some sort, no?

Good call...total forgot about that. Probably no member list to check??

ok..
i just have ONE question

its a teeny weeny question.

how come...in ALL these msm....publications...articles....
news interviews...
NO ONE has mentioned the ELEPHANT in the room
huh?

NOT ONE news article.
NOT ONE tv station interview
NOT ONE MENTION.

how come?

its a ....making me wonder.
why can't the truth come out?

makes me think of that song by john lennon
MIND GAMES

ok..
i just have ONE question

its a teeny weeny question.

how come...in ALL these msm....publications...articles....
news interviews...
NO ONE has mentioned the ELEPHANT in the room
huh?

NOT ONE news article.
NOT ONE tv station interview
NOT ONE MENTION.

how come?

its a ....making me wonder.
why can't the truth come out?

makes me think of that song by john lennon
MIND GAMES

Probably because it happened awhile ago and it doesn't seem relevant. I spend all day finding MSM to support our cases here and am no longer surprised what is left out of the articles.

Example: Person X is missing, last seen in the evening. Further sleuthing shows he was arrested at 5pm and after he left jail, he wasn't seen again.

Two different spins.

Correct. But IMO it's possible that that person may have had certain rights reinstated, especially if a convincing case were made that s/he had a reasonable fear of retribution from anyone. Some exceedingly bad people played a role in the past.

No way!
A conviction is a conviction.
If you dont want to fear for retribution...you should not commit the criime.
I dont believe our legal system is that sensitive and understanding.

Cat, am i out ogf line? Hope not.

I dont have jerry's fancy graphics but...ding ding ding.

Lets not forget...one source. We only know what the source wants
Us to know, when the source wants us to know it.
:truce:

Jerry's fancy graphics are found on the more button when you quote back to someone :great::rollercoaster::back::thewave::party:

And left everything home, but took the gun, suicidal thoughts.....IT FITS! :winner: But IM would have had to tell LE that the gun was missing, assuming she KNEW that he had one.

Maybe she did....

No way!

----------------

Yes way, Momoffourboys. Check out the link: https://www.parole.ny.gov/program_restoration.html

AFAIK, the person in question was only convicted of one Class E felony, and therefore qualifies.

No way!

----------------

Yes way, Momoffourboys. Check out the link: https://www.parole.ny.gov/program_restoration.html

AFAIK, the person in question was only convicted of one Class E felony, and therefore qualifies.

:razz::razz:
I am speechless.
Thats unbelievable.
So if someone is convicted of 3 felony acts under the same conviction..it is considered one conviction. Wow.

I tried to find the source of the "club found under the front seat" of the car but could not.

Am I losing my mind or do others remember that the club was actually in the car when it was found, just not engaged?

:truce:
I see where several clearly remember it being in THE CAR but not engaged. I don't remember it that way, for some reason I remember it was missing from the car. So now I see in the latest article up there it mentions the club was not engaged. Oh for crying out loud this is from one source and doesn't answer my nagging question. She says without a club on it. Was it in THE ever loving CAR or not?! :banghead:
http://www.longislandpress.com/2013/08/31/vanished-dix-hills-father-still-missing-after-2-months/
His car—which Ida says he “loved”—was discovered the next day abandoned in the Long Island Rail Road’s Deer Park station parking lot. Its keys were missing, the front seat was moved forward closer to the steering wheel than he’d have it, and the trunk, where Mayer typically would keep his tools, lunchbox and water bottles, was empty; the latter found on the front seat.
“He didn’t like the Long Island Rail Road parking lot because of all the thefts [there],” Ida continues, explaining that they’d go so far as to drive into Queens where relatives lived and hop a subway from there rather than take the LIRR whenever heading into the city. “His car, that was his baby, aside from the family, that was what he loved the most, was his car. He just would never leave it there. To find it there without a Club on it—he wouldn’t park it there.

I want to clear something up as I've seen it referenced a couple of times.

On the FAQ sheet on FB, which I can no longer see, it states the garage was searched after the neighbor's surveillance footage was revealed. It does not say LE conducted the search. Can someone confirm this for me?

A few people have said LE conducted the search, but I don't think they did, at least it's not worded that way. Again, vague.

How much might a man's gold wedding band fetch at a scrapyard?

At this moment spot price for gold is $1396.50 an ounce.( troy oz, 31.1 grams)

Depending on the karat, would depend on the value of the ring, and the less the karat the less gold, so therefore 14kt would garner less than 18kt, and 18kt would garner less than 24kt, so there would be a specific price per ounce
for 10kt, 14kt, 18kt and 24kt.

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livegold.html

At this moment spot price for gold is $1396.50 an ounce.( troy oz, 31.1 grams)

Depending on the karat, would depend on the value of the ring, and the less the karat the less gold, so therefore 14kt would garner less than 18kt, and 18kt would garner less than 24kt, so there would be a specific price per ounce
for 10kt, 14kt, 18kt and 24kt.

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livegold.html

TYVM, Treelights. I wonder what that ring cost at the time of purchase almost 20 years ago?

I have a union electrician friend. All he has is his tool belt. There is a company vehicle parked at the site with all the materials they need. He also has the option of leaving his belt in that vehicle. Most take them home so tools dont disappear overnight. Could RM have left the job to run to the scrap yard, ran home to get something and maybe planned to return to the job (then something got in his way)? Left his tools at the jobsite, planning to return? My electrician friend has had to return to a jobsite many time to cut power or provide power for other trades on the job.

I get where you are going, in a normal situation it makes sense. My problems with this are: too clean to be random, and if it was random, and nothing fishy going on, I would assume he wouldn't have a throw away phone. He didn't get or make one call since 9am, so no one called him back to the job or to another job. And if it was prearranged for him to go back to a job, I would think it would have come up that he was due to be at that place but never made it. Plus there is no mention if tools were found

Also, he wouldn't pre arrange to go all the way back to Brooklyn after coming to LI. :escape:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67