NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is, perhaps it's the result of a buildup of stressors. But I'm more wondering that it's not a delusion.

maybe the "people" are friends of IM, co-workers, LE that are family---not scary people-------if he was to (and did) leave her she may have threatened him--I will watch you--know where to find you--you will not have a moment's peace etc---melodramatic but you guys see my point--Hell hath no fury

"well-composed"---doesn't that sound like an odd way to describe someone?? Its not a phrase you hear everyday.

They probably get a lot of rough customers at the scrap business, so RM seemed like a good mannered, clean cut guy in comparison.

Just a possibility

Could it be that he was in trouble for stealing from work sites and it caught up to him?

That has crossed my mind. Maybe he needed the money to keep up their lifestyle, but it didn't feel right to him all along. Maybe there were pressures to keep doing it, but he wanted to stop.

We don't know much about RM, so anything seems possible.

Just speculating-- no facts.

Going back to the martial arts gun to the head conversation....I looked up what skills you need to have to become a brown belt. Figured it was said he was trained but didn't want to assume he was a black belt. I am taking into consideration that no matter what you are taught it doesn't mean you can actually put it into action when I gun is to your head...but in order to become a brown belt (by the standards of the USMC) he would need to be able to:
1. Execute counter pistol front
2. Execute counter pistol rear

http://www.nps.edu/Students/ArmedServices/MarineCorps/docs/MCMAP/Tests/Brown Belt Test.pdf

I am also intrigued by the Long Island Fire Arms group posting his information. Did someone reach out to them? Was he a member and someone saw other postings?

Going back to the martial arts gun to the head conversation....I looked up what skills you need to have to become a brown belt. Figured it was said he was trained but didn't want to assume he was a black belt. I am taking into consideration that no matter what you are taught it doesn't mean you can actually put it into action when I gun is to your head...but in order to become a brown belt (by the standards of the USMC) he would need to be able to:
1. Execute counter pistol front
2. Execute counter pistol rear

http://www.nps.edu/Students/ArmedServices/MarineCorps/docs/MCMAP/Tests/Brown Belt Test.pdf

I am also intrigued by the Long Island Fire Arms group posting his information. Did someone reach out to them? Was he a member and someone saw other postings?

Post #1 was posted by an Admin of the site. There is no introduction just a cut and paste of the initial news story. It's good reading too. Some great posts. Nothing held back. Sounds like a great bunch of guys/gals IMHO.

Post #1 was posted by an Admin of the site. There is no introduction just a cut and paste of the initial news story. It's good reading too. Some great posts. Nothing held back. Sounds like a great bunch of guys/gals IMHO.

Last night I went back to thread 1 post 1 and started from scratch. I have no amazing revelations. However I did run across this in my travels...

http://longisland.news12.com/news/f...rt-mayer-of-dix-hills-1.5499513?firstfree=yes
Long Island Firearms "We have since reposted on our website which hits tens of thousands of viewers daily."
Its JMO they were simply spreading the word outside of FB as it was a conversation about where different people had put the word out. This is below the article in the comments section where IM had also made comments. I didn't see where this had anything to do with anyone being a member. JMO

ETA - Article was posted on June 17.

Fundraisers are not to be discussed without management approval. No more FB talk either guys, sorry.

Here's an old list of "things to do" when a case slows down that I found. It was written by a former moderator who was quite a good sleuther. :kimsterwink:

Maybe you guys can find some ideas in here that will give you some clues you didn't see before.
Thanks for posting that Kimster! There are some great ideas in there, but I :silly: when I saw the 1 below. If only we had a couple of these we might have something to run into left field with.

- Start a list of direct quotes from LE, along with the date stated, and link to source. Post it and ask others to contribute to it.

Last night I went back to thread 1 post 1 and started from scratch. I have no amazing revelations. However I did run across this in my travels...

http://longisland.news12.com/news/f...rt-mayer-of-dix-hills-1.5499513?firstfree=yes

Its JMO they were simply spreading the word outside of FB as it was a conversation about where different people had put the word out. This is below the article in the comments section where IM had also made comments. I didn't see where this had anything to do with anyone being a member. JMO

Not everyone has access to news12 unless they have a paid subscription :(

Agree. I think the case was brought up on this forum, because it happened on LI and it seemed interesting to the poster. It was a story about an average middle class guy disappearing -- not typical drugs or gangs story.

Agree. I think the case was brought up on this forum, because it happened on LI and it seemed interesting to the poster. It was a story about an average middle class guy disappearing -- not typical drugs or gangs story.

Are we sure not typical drug story?? I am not.

Eliza-- thank you for giving me a question!!!-----As regards RM's privacy----Could he have begun divorce proceedings/separation proceedings that would stop IM from prying into his private life?? I guess I am thinking along the lines of a restraining order----so that she could not run his SS# and find out where he was working.
I dont think RM is a dead-beat dad--I believe he has his kids provided for.

Was just thinking....the house is in RM's name only...If it was known RM was leaving, perhaps "A" spouse, ...any spouse really (not sleuthing the spouse), thought reporting him missing, and having him show up later would make him look like a deadbeat dad and that he abandoned his family. Could seem like a better situation for an "abandoned" spouse in a divorce. The family, standing by, as I said in a previous post, to remain in good graces to see RM's kids. Thus could be why friends and family are not seen much on TV, social media, by IM's side.

Hmmmm.....I'm also wondering if anyone HID RM's wallet from him, and thought he would come home looking for it...Maybe one thought he'd NEVER LEAVE without his wallet....So maybe he never FORGOT his wallet that morning.....and maybe he never FOUND it that afternoon in his 10 minutes at home....maybe that's why he came home! :liar: or :banghead:

:moo:

Was just thinking....the house is in RM's name only...If it was known RM was leaving, perhaps "A" spouse, ...any spouse really (not sleuthing the spouse), thought reporting him missing, and having him show up later would make him look like a deadbeat dad and that he abandoned his family. Could seem like a better situation for an "abandoned" spouse in a divorce. The family, standing by, as I said in a previous post, to remain in good graces to see RM's kids. Thus could be why friends and family are not seen much on TV, social media, by IM's side.

Hmmmm.....I'm also wondering if anyone HID RM's wallet from him, and thought he would come home looking for it...Maybe one thought he'd NEVER LEAVE without his wallet....So maybe he never FORGOT his wallet that morning.....and maybe he never FOUND it that afternoon in his 10 minutes at home....maybe that's why he came home! :liar: or :banghead:

:moo:

Way back I remember "he never had his wallet with him that day". Is that still on the FAQ page? How could "someone" make that claim if the wallet was "supposedly" discovered at 4pm after Rob was only about an hour late?

Sorry everyone, I've been feeling crappy and then it took me hours to catch up... You all have been BUSY lately!!!
Just a few thoughts..
Talking to my husband who has lots of friends in the trades, they don't wear their wedding bands or any rings. Too dangerous, can get caught. I think the wearing of the wedding ring is being stated to make us all feel warm and fuzzy about a great happy marriage. My guess its going to be found somewhere in those drawers or at the bottom of a storm drain (tossed out)
The CAR (I know, jazz hands and all that)... I would love to know if their were other personal effects in there. My car has all kinds of things that are MINE, CDs, air freshener, some trash on the floor, blanket on the back seat, a jar with change in the center column. If the CAR was completely empty, then either he was a neat freak, made to be a neat freak by someone else, or he emptied it of all personal items prior to leaving it at DP station. Like I said before, he could have cleaned out the CAR including lunch pail, at Arrow using those trash cans right outside the door.
As far as appearance, at his age, perhaps he was "hiding the gray" and has since let it grow out. IMO that might make it just that much harder to spot him as we have been told short brown hair... By now it could be considerably longer and grayer.
And if he was accosted in the garage, with his MA training , wouldn't there have been some sign of struggle? Something toppled over that may have lead LE to consider foul play?
And... the schools in commack get out at either 3:45, 3:30 or 2:45 depending on which level (elementary, middle,high) so especially if they took the bus, it would be unlikely there would be any kids in the area at 2:50. Or Moms outside waiting for buses. Just an observation.
Happy Sunday, WS'ers!

Way back I remember "he never had his wallet with him that day". Is that still on the FAQ page? How could "someone" make that claim if the wallet was "supposedly" discovered at 4pm after Rob was only about an hour late?

Thank you for this.

Yesterday (and maybe the day and/or days before) I posted that I wondered if the drawer was RM's usual place to keep his wallet.

For IM to believe when she found it that he simply forgot it that morning while rushing out the door leads me to believe that the drawer was, indeed, it's usually place.

The thing is, if he simply left it on a countertop or work bench and that's where she found it and thought he left it in a rush, then I would think he normally left it someplace else. But you don't open a drawer and drop your wallet in if you are in a rush.

And that's not to say that I think that's when the wallet was put there. I think IM legitimately thought that at the time, as she may have said that before the neighbor's video was known.

I think if the wallet was found in its usual place there is no doubt in my mind that it was RM that placed it there.

Periwinkle-----your post @ 560--- you reminded me of something---I seem to be word oriented this morning---"I/We will keep you safe"---its like a paraphrase of a song lyric--from Les Mis---the song Marius and Eponine sing when she dies.

Those words that IM said to the cameras that day are still very odd

Is everyone really sure drugs were not a possibility? "You are important" "I will keep you safe" the need to keep appearances up etc. Etc. Remind me of someone that is insecure with and/or anxiety probs (which I highly doubt) or a response to someone that may have relapsed.

I don't think the phone was in it's "usual" place. If it were, well before a week had passed, I'm almost positive IM would have checked for it. If the garage were his "man cave" I would think she would have been tearing that place apart within 24 hours to see if she could find any clues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55