NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thank you for that information. I have a cell phone. Until today I had never even heard of "airplane mode". Figured it was for one of them fancy cells you can't take the battery out of. Turns out I have it too even on my old definitely not fancy model. Now you tell me texts don't show on phone records to boot! I would never have thought such a thing. :sigh:

iPhone to iPhone uses iMessages and will not appear on the phone record as a text. iPhone to any other type phone will show on a phone record as it is sent just like a regular text.

In front of all the searchers and SAR? You think she would choose that forum
To discuss her brother's disappearance?

Ummmm no in private at the house!
You don't think his sister went to the house?
I think she did...

Then she went to the search!

I don't think this guy was doing drugs and I have a question..
Do these construction guys have to take drug tests?

iPhone to iPhone uses iMessages and will not appear on the phone record as a text. iPhone to any other type phone will show on a phone record as it is sent just like a regular text.
I'm getting an education here of sorts :great:
So let me ask you this - I assume regardless, LE would be able to locate ALL text to/from a cell phone (of any variety) if they really wanted to, correct? In this case, they would somehow be able to track/recall the messages/data through iMessages?
I am clueless on this iThis iThat, app for everything business.

According to the local 3 blog, they do not have mandatory drug testing for journeymen. They do
Drug test apprentices.

They do have random drug tests. Also when they start new jobs. My husband is a journeyman electician.

They do have random drug tests. Also when they start new jobs. My husband is a journeyman electician.

Thanks I would think they would have to esp for Insurance purposes on job sites.

I'm getting an education here of sorts :great:
So let me ask you this - I assume regardless, LE would be able to locate ALL text to/from a cell phone (of any variety) if they really wanted to, correct? In this case, they would somehow be able to track/recall the messages/data through iMessages?
I am clueless on this iThis iThat, app for everything business.

I don't think so. iMessage use data just like the web browser on the phone. It isn't logged into text messages. Just appears as data used, but doesn't specify how it's used. And, that is not even reliable as my phone accessed data at night when I'm sleeping. My bill will show that I accessed data at like 3:40 am - trust me, I'm not awake using my phone at that time. LOL

Just checked the blog...it was dated 2010. I suppose procedures are added and
Updated.
My apologies for outdated info.

my ex has passed too many drug tests to count. not saying rm did drugs, but dont let negative ua's fool you. my ex has flown thru easily, anything from new job tests to random tocourt ordered.

:banghead:

eta: if you doubt me, google it. :puke:

People who are taking painkillers can go years without anyone knowing. Most start taking them from one injury then realize they feel terrible without taking them after the injury heals. And age has a lot to do with it too. It's normal for a man to start feeling those old football injuries now or hockey, basketball etc. If this was the case with RM I can't understand why he would feel the need to disappear like this though, that's what doesn't make sense. Heroin is the drug of choice here in LI for kids but painkillers are the adults choice of drug.
You would be surprised at how many Drs. are taking painkillers now. It's everywhere, it's impossible to even pick 5 out of a 10 person lineup. The results would surprise you.

Being an Electrician is hard work, especially to your back. Up and down ladders and carrying heavy materials etc.

:please: Praying for his safe return home. :please:

I "know a guy/s" that have "random tests", having been employed for decades with no such test ever taking place. He or they work for the gov't not a union though, fwiw. :twocents:

I don't think so. iMessage use data just like the web browser on the phone. It isn't logged into text messages. Just appears as data used, but doesn't specify how it's used. And, that is not even reliable as my phone accessed data at night when I'm sleeping. My bill will show that I accessed data at like 3:40 am - trust me, I'm not awake using my phone at that time. LOL
Ok I'll be blunt + show my lack of knowledge here. Is this "iMessage" a program/service that LE could retrieve info from? I'm having a hard time absorbing the fact that text messages can be sent with no way to retrieve them or at the least a record of them being sent/received. :waitasec:

I don't think there is anything to write about!

Well, with a little research they could find a good story.

A lot more questions too. Why not ask, what do you think happened to RM?

Thank you. This is very good information and apparently I missed this subtle hint.

I don't think it's heroin, though. I do know of people who are hooked on heroin. They are the children of people I know. These kids do not hold jobs and their lives are a complete mess. From afar, RM does not look like a heroin addict to me.

JMO.

Actually, hate to say this as I dont want anyone interpreting this as me saying I think he was but....some of the herion users I have seen while visiting my brother at his job looked pretty healthy to me. Some only use on weekends, or occasionally, if not on regular basis over a period of time, it would not be that obvious to an outsider. Especially if one has been clean for years and only just relapsed..........and then disappeared.

Actually, hate to say this as I dont want anyone interpreting this as me saying I think he was but....some of the herion users I have seen while visiting my brother at his job looked pretty healthy to me. Some only use on weekends, or occasionally, if not on regular basis over a period of time, it would not be that obvious to an outsider. Especially if one has been clean for years and only just relapsed..........and then disappeared.

I agree. I think most people associate heroin use with decayed teeth, acne and weight loss (what they show on tv and movies). I do know some people that do not come across as addicts. I wouldnt know by looking at them.

The point of my original post was defintely NOT to assume that RM was a heroin addict or any substance abuser. The point was that if he had a problem, there are over 100 treatment centers on LI that he could check into anonymously and noone would know.

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

I agree that not every heroin adict looks/acts like what you see on tv. I once dated a man who hid it very well. he was never late to work, never missed an engagment, physical appearance never changed. he used multiple times daily, but snorted, never shot. once he started shooting his appearance changed but he was still functioning at work.

I agree. I think most people associate heroin use with decayed teeth, acne and weight loss (what they show on tv and movies). I do know some people that do not come across as addicts. I wouldnt know by looking at them.

The point of my original post was defintely NOT to assume that RM was a heroin addict or any substance abuser. The point was that if he had a problem, there are over 100 treatment centers on LI that he could check into anonymously and noone would know.

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

I am sorry, I answered that before my phone refreshed and I saw all the other answers to this. I was in no way saying anyone thought this. Just saying is was a possibility...as almost anything else at this point... so your right :deadhorse:

I can see a lot of that scenario happening. It isn't far fetched. So do you think he is giving her a taste of her own medicine by remaining in hiding?

I don't think it's "a taste of her own medicine" <modsnip>.

I feel like RM was done, wanted out, needed to be gone from her. he was taking off and she knew it. for everyone who asks "why not just divorce?" we'll, in NY he'd have to pay "maintenance" (like alimony) but this cost would be for IM to maintain her current lifestyle. (on paper it looks like RM is provider, but we all know some funds were obtained elsewhere). RM would never be able to provide IMs maintenance and child support, (AND his own bills to live seperate) on his electricians pay.

as long as he stays "missing" he's commited no crime, and IM cannot collect. she knew she didn't have a chance of finding him on her own, so with this missing person scenario and LE involvement her chances of finding him greatly increase. and once she finds him, she can file paperwork to start receiving money.

why leave the kids? we'd have to know which is worse... going 3-5 years without seeing your child, or spending the next 3-5 years married to IM. only RM can answer that.

I don't have any answers but early on, I really thought it was drug related. Now, after all this time, I don't. :-(. Maybe tomorrow I can work on another timeline. We must be missing something. I just don't know what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl