NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too lol I feel guilty for feeling exactly like you about my husband.
Errands would take some time no matter what, especially Father's Day weekend.
IMO I believe there wasn't just ONE call. I'm not sure how iMessage works exactly and I have an iPhone but I do know that there is a setting that you can choose to use and it won't go to iMessage. Some of my messages say iMessage and some do not coming from the same number. Depends where I am I think

If your husband/boyfriend is anything like mine, he would need to call me 20 times if I sent him on errands. The one phone call no texts all day is just weird to me.

I wish I had more time to sleuth! A few thoughts:

1. Maybe the M garage is a mancave with a sofa, which would go with his car being so treasured. Perhaps RM was sleeping in the garage due to fighting and/or imminent separation? The old sleep-on-the-couch thing. That's why his personal items, maybe even clothes, were in drawers there. Because who just comes home and puts his wallet in the garage?

2. About her getting worried after an hour: he was assigned to bring home oysters and maybe other fish. Not stuff you drive around with, especially if you're Italian, lol. For health and freshness, get it on ice and home ASAP. Maybe he had a habit of getting "lost" on the way home, stopping at automotive stores, garden stores (my other half is fond of escaping from me in Home Depot), or the like. She may have been worried about that (and if she wasn't, she is now, lol). BTW, how funny that the oysters are common knowledge when so little else is.

3. Scrap money might be a tidy way to not have purchases recorded, as they are in credit card use. And cash is of course better if someone's paying for, or paying off, anything illegal. (Extortion, vig, hookers, drugs, or off the books help are all possibilities.)

I don't know. We have too little information. I think this thing was never supposed to get this big, but it exploded on social media, and now it's out of control. Although the number in the search group seems to be holding steady....

And by the way, I am certain what REALLY happened to RM has been hit upon multiple times from the WS members here, as I believe we have pretty much hit on every possible scenario. :fence:

Now its a waiting game to see what the real outcome ends up being.
I will sit back and keep tabs until we get results :HHJP:

He left work at 12:30 Takes an hour to get home What was he doing in the time between getting off work and Arrow ....and hour and 45 min
It took him maybe 17-20 minutes to get from Arrow to DH. So if he was seen on arrow Sec Cam at 2:15 That would put him at home in the time frame of 2:45 with Fri traffic. he spends 10 min at home and takes off for DP

So IM arrives home RIGHT after he leaves????.....made a clean getaway....I think he had help...maybe someone looking out for her vehicle...calls him....shes on her way home!!!! so he takes off leaving everything behind

I wish I had more time to sleuth! A few thoughts:

2. About her getting worried after an hour: he was assigned to bring home oysters and maybe other fish. Not stuff you drive around with, especially if you're Italian,lol. For health and freshness, get it on ice and home ASAP. Maybe he had a habit of getting "lost" on the way home, stopping at automotive stores, garden stores (my other half is fond of escaping from me in Home Depot), or the like. She may have been worried about that (and if she wasn't, she is now, lol). BTW, how funny that the oysters are common knowledge when so little else is.

I don't know. We have too little information. I think this thing was never supposed to get this big, but it exploded on social media, and now it's out of control. Although the number in the search group seems to be holding steady....

I like that you mentioned that HE was expected to bring the seafood home, as that's how I recalled the first report as well. however, in the video interview at the train station she said "I told him I was getting [shellfish] and he asked if I could also pick up oysters".

I then assumed he was responsible for some other errand.

How could she gave him a list of errands, since it was stated since the begging that he left the wallet at home that morning?
Someone is changing statements.... :banghead:
http://newyorkstatemissingpersons.ning.com/forum/topics/robert-mayer-dix-hills-new-york-june-14-2013
I don't see where she gave him a list of errands? I see where he asked her to run one.
If you missed it, read the last couple of comments posted below this article about the dropped call:
http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.co...o-one-knows-where-he-is/news/2013/08/15/73123
Robbie asked Ida to pick up some oysters

I like that you mentioned that HE was expected to bring the seafood home, as that's how I recalled the first report as well. however, in the video interview at the train station she said "I told him I was getting [shellfish] and he asked if I could also pick up oysters".

Nice pick-up! I hadn't caught that....I also thought he was running the errands

I'm quoting an old post here because it made me think of something.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - #2
A new...tidbit. According to the bookkeeper at the job site in brooklyn who has been posting on the FB page...RM's work hours were 7 am - 2:30 pm. So....why was he on long island at 2:30? He would have had to leave work early then. Did anyone know he left early? Was that a usual thing for him to do? Did IM knw he was leaving early? hmmm I think this may be another "something".
As far as the bike goes, IM stated that it was a green mountain bike. Did not supply photo or make/model.
Many speculated 4:30am was extra early for him to leave + begin work at 7am. What if he left early, to start early, so he could leave early? So he could have time to scrap + still arrive home as expected about 3pm. It appears all the more like a normal Fri for RM. Just turns out he vanishes into thin air. :ufo:

That was my memory, too. But a quick Google shows her being asked. Maybe I'm losing my mind. I'll look later.

I have now read this article 3 times :floorlaugh:
Third paragraph under map
She even laughs, briefly, on the phone with me, as we bond over those typical husband/wife phone calls, where we blab our heads off about this or that errand that needs doing, while our husbands say “yeah, okay” once every few minutes or so. Talking to Ida on the phone just underscores how normal they Mayers are.
I read this as referencing typical calls + errands that need doing in the daily life of a family. I don't see where this evolves into she gave him a list of errands to run that day.
I have several times in video + articles seen the reference to their phone call at 9am. I always took away that he asked her to pick up some oysters. I have yet to see where she asked him to do anything THAT day. In fact it says in the article above
After a couple of minutes, the call dropped. Ida shrugged, and went about her morning busy routine, doing the thousand chores that always need to be done and re-done. They could always nail down the planning details after Robbie got home. He’d probably leave work early, since it was a Friday and there were so many things to do for the weekend.
BBM + MOO

I have read all the links given but see absolutely nothing about sending him on errands. Where is everyone getting this info seriously???

Quoting: "She even laughs, briefly, on the phone with me, as we bond over those typical husband/wife phone calls, where we blab our heads off about this or that errand that needs doing, while our husbands say “yeah, okay” once every few minutes or so."

I might be wrong though.

I did not think he was running errands, then I just read on websleuths that he was running errands, so I think when people read something and infer their reasoning what the sentence means to them, it then kinda of looks like facts, but it isn't........but for a moment without checking facts, I went along with other people's thought process as well...
What we Do Know is that this case is confusing and very little facts are known.
IMOO.

He left work at 12:30 Takes an hour to get home What was he doing in the time between getting off work and Arrow ....and hour and 45 min
It took him maybe 17-20 minutes to get from Arrow to DH. So if he was seen on arrow Sec Cam at 2:15 That would put him at home in the time frame of 2:45 with Fri traffic. he spends 10 min at home and takes off for DP

So IM arrives home RIGHT after he leaves????.....made a clean getaway....I think he had help...maybe someone looking out for her vehicle...calls him....shes on her way home!!!! so he takes off leaving everything behind
Or maybe the someone looking out for her vehicle was not helping him. :eek:

I did not think he was running errands, then I just read on websleuths that he was running errands, so I think when people read something and infer their reasoning what the sentence means to them, it then kinda of looks like facts, but it isn't........but for a moment without checking facts, I went along with other people's thought process as well...
What we Do Know is that this case is confusing and very little facts are known.
IMOO.

Okay whew, when I came on this morning to read that the first thing that came to mind was "we have been thrown another tiny morsel like dogs" ugh. Somedays I feel like she is the puppetmaster and we are all in training...Sorry JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019