NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe She gave him Bad Headaches! ;)

Maybe she did. But all this Lobster and Oyster talk today is giving me a bad headache. He said/She Said.

Even if she is a control freak, perhaps since it is Father's Day Weekend, she would choose to pick up the seafood for him. She was being nice because it was HIS WEEKEND. What do you think? :what:

How could she gave him a list of errands, since it was stated since the begging that he left the wallet at home that morning?
Someone is changing statements.... :banghead:

http://newyorkstatemissingpersons.ning.com/forum/topics/robert-mayer-dix-hills-new-york-june-14-2013

This was probably mentioned already because you guys are so awesome.. but I'm behind and wanted to respond quickly.

Is it possible that he did forget his wallet and only went to the scrapy yard to get enough cash to purchase what was needed for the holiday/ Father's Day weekend? Based on distance, time, driving, gas, etc - was it easier to just score a quick few hundred versus going all the way home and back out.

Now with that said - I know it still doesn't make sense as to why the $ was found in the drawer. :banghead:

This has me stumped and so frustrated. Where the double hockey stick could this guy be?

5th paragraph from the bottom...
last 2 sentences....

There is no dramatic backstory here that would indicate any suspicion of Robert Mayer. His disappearance is like sudden rain out of a clear blue sky.

Mockingbird--- I personally have snarked and snotted about the bad writing (where is my smiley with hand raised and calm expression???)
IMO--its another piece of melodrama, poorly written melodrama. I am still curious about how the writer of this blog-icle knew about RM and how writer had IM's phone number.

I think it's strange that she says she gave him a list of errands in the morning, then started to worry when he was only an hour late? wouldnt it be expected he wasn't arriving home at his usual time if she gave him errands?

it almost makes me feel sorry for my own boyfriend, it would take me so much longer to suspect he was missing. for the first evening I'd prolly just be sending him f'ed up texts. then I'd go to sleep. if he were still gone in the morning I would call and text with concern, and I would start contacting everyone he knows. if no one knows anything and I've not heard back I'd call LE late afternoon- early evening.

Strange yes--- she wasn't working---she should have done the errands. ANd if there was alot to pick up alot would not have fit in THE CAR--was there another family vehicle?? All 4 could not fit comfortably in such a small car.

If we ever know...some cases remain open and some missing people just remain...missing.

quite right Cluciano---am echoing and adding my thoughts to the rest---I believe LE and what they have said. And now we wait.

I am entertaining a scary second scenario in my head--but will hold it.

With what we held to be "facts" to now be called into question as being opinions or speculation, I am back to square one. Sometimes in discussion, these things take on a life of their own, and what was speculation on page one becomes fact by page 6. Too easy to misconstrue or misunderstand.

To me, the lack of information from LE is very telling. I doubt they would be keeping a missing person case active, open and expending resources if they knew where RM was or had confirmation he had willfully left the area. I suspect they would quietly close the case and at most, report the case was no longer active.

Too many of the "facts" are conflicting, don't make sense or just don't add up and have us chasing our tails.

Time to sit back, look at the very little we do know and do a bit of pondering...

The preserve is tugging at the back of my mind. Way too late for all but cadaver and perhaps air scent dogs. This is one of the times a grid search would be appropriate.

They obviously felt they needed to withhold information but coming up with an ironclad story that doesn't have any inconsistencies is tough when too many people know the truth.

They claimed that they didn't have the phone even though friends/family were posting that she had it. They claimed that he never made it home even though they had the security camera to show that. (NCNY had posted that <modsnip>)

Hello guys sorry to hit and run but I've never purchased lobsters and/or oysters 2 days in advance. Ick!

With what we held to be "facts" to now be called into question as being opinions or speculation, I am back to square one. Sometimes in discussion, these things take on a life of their own, and what was speculation on page one becomes fact by page 6. Too easy to misconstrue or misunderstand.

To me, the lack of information from LE is very telling. I doubt they would be keeping a missing person case active, open and expending resources if they knew where RM was or had confirmation he had willfully left the area. I suspect they would quietly close the case and at most, report the case was no longer active.

Too many of the "facts" are conflicting, don't make sense or just don't add up and have us chasing our tails.

Time to sit back, look at the very little we do know and do a bit of pondering...

The preserve is tugging at the back of my mind. Way too late for all but cadaver and perhaps air scent dogs. This is one of the times a grid search would be appropriate.

Did LE ever make any statements?

Esp for a Summertime Bar B Q. Isn't the month supposed to have an R in it?

Yes so it's my opinion that they discussed what they would have for Father's Day but that didn't necessarily mean she wanted him to pick them up on the way home. I think that's a leap.

I have spent some time reviewing previous threads, mostly the ones that included a verified insider. I read and re-read the comments on the threads. Again, i believe what the insider did was give us clues as to what the possibilities are. The fact that several of the insider's posts have, now...weeks later, come to be factual gives me reason to believe there is something to what was stated.
I go back to the mention of the "problem affecting many adults especially on long island" because i find it troubling and interesting that he chose to mention that and i cant imagine that he would reveal that info if he did not truly believe it was related to the disappearance.
JMOO

I have spent some time reviewing previous threads, mostly the ones that included a verified insider. I read and re-read the comments on the threads. Again, i believe what the insider did was give us clues as to what the possibilities are. The fact that several of the insider's posts have, now...weeks later, come to be factual gives me reason to believe there is something to what was stated.
I go back to the mention of the "problem affecting many adults especially on long island" because i find it troubling and interesting that he chose to mention that and i cant imagine that he would reveal that info if he did not truly believe it was related to the disappearance.
JMOO

Even so, if this were the case...where would that put him? And why leave behind cash, especially? I have never heard of anyone with an addiction issue leaving cash,rather than taking some.

JMOO

I completely agree. Everything our verified insider has said has come to fruition. I now do believe that RM had, or still has, some kind of substance abuse problem.
Can you elaborate and take us through an explanation of your thoughts?

Even so, if this were the case...where would that put him? And why leave behind cash, especially? I have never heard of anyone with an addiction issue leaving cash,rather than taking some.

We really dont know that the cash was left there that day.
And maybe he left it there to show IM that he is serious about cleaning up
This time. Maybe he has had problems before and relapsed.

I completely agree. Everything our verified insider has said has come to fruition. I now do believe that RM had, or still has, some kind of substance abuse problem.
Can you elaborate and take us through an explanation of your thoughts?

If, in fact, he had some sort of substance abuse problem...maybe a random drug test at work was dirty. The union is proactive and protective when it comes to substance abuse. Maybe he agreed to enter treatment. Went home. Tied up loose ends. Left his personal items and left. Met someone at specified location to be taken to rehab.
Just my thoughts...

JMOO

And perhaps it was the dealer that NCNY mentioned as someone they looked for on RM's phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55