NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is this constant changing of "facts" has given me one...so I can only imagine how poor Robert felt! :banghead:
There are "facts"?! Where? :detective: :escape:

Sorry this all seems not quite right + frustrating.

I don't think we will ever have all the facts on this case. The vital pieces are missing. LE has been quiet and things keep changing on this case. I suspect things are not as honky dorey as others would like us to believe. I think he left on his own but had help. Or he could have been in some trouble maybe stealing from the job sites or involved with the wrong people?
One thing I can't forget from NCNY was the phone call or the texting that IM did not want RM to be involved with? Who is this person? Could this person have a role in his dispappaearance? Just thinking out loud.
BTW a body was found in Montauk but I don't think it ws RM.:moo:

There are "facts"?! Where? :detective: :escape:

Sorry this all seems not quite right + frustrating.

Thus the quotations and sarcasm...I am with you on this one..the whole thing is ridiculous :rolleyes: :floorlaugh:

Codger asked on the previous thread:
Is this "iMessage" a program/service that LE could retrieve info from?

I went looking for any information on whether iMessage messages are stored on Apple's servers, and found the following information. Very interesting.

Apple also confirmed that it can’t access communications over its FaceTime video chat and iMessage instant messenger service since that data is encrypted between the sender and receiver. Apple’s iMessage encryption is so good that even the Drug Enforcement Administration has complained about how difficult it is to crack, CNET reported in April.

(Read the full article here: http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/17/a...nfirms-facetime-imessage-chats-are-encrypted/)

I take this to mean that even if iMessage messages are stored--and as data, I really don't think that they are--they're encrypted, so the point would be moot. You would need access to one of the devices* privy to the conversation and hope that the thread in question had not been deleted.

* - yes, including desktop or laptop Macs :)

tcg

I have now read this article 3 times :floorlaugh:
Third paragraph under map
I read this as referencing typical calls + errands that need doing in the daily life of a family. I don't see where this evolves into she gave him a list of errands to run that day.
I have several times in video + articles seen the reference to their phone call at 9am. I always took away that he asked her to pick up some oysters. I have yet to see where she asked him to do anything THAT day. In fact it says in the article above BBM + MOO

what is BBM??? lol can't figure it out and it isn't on any of the text abbrev lists

I thought she had talked to Robert for 45 minutes at 9am. Also had asked her to pick up oysters and some other seafood is what I had read. Did she ever check the frid?

I thought she had talked to Robert for 45 minutes at 9am. Also had asked her to pick up oysters and some other seafood is what I had read. Did she ever check the frid?

Wonder where he was supposed to do that, and if any CCTV to be checked to see if he made it there?

we can't all be losing our minds if we've all see "facts" stated by IM that either change or disappear. now things we once knew as factual statements are speculation? then I must take everything in this case only as such.

we can't all be losing our minds if we've all see "facts" stated by IM that either change or disappear. now things we once knew as factual statements are speculation? then I must take everything in this case only as such.

We're not losing our minds.
There are no facts in this case since we have not heard
Anything from LE. As far as IM is concerned, her top priority is protecting herself
And her family.

I know everyone is frustrated but please remember we are victim friendly and IM is a victim in this case. Please watch what you are posting about her.

I wish I had more time to sleuth! A few thoughts:

1. Maybe the M garage is a mancave with a sofa, which would go with his car being so treasured. Perhaps RM was sleeping in the garage due to fighting and/or imminent separation? The old sleep-on-the-couch thing. That's why his personal items, maybe even clothes, were in drawers there. Because who just comes home and puts his wallet in the garage?

2. About her getting worried after an hour: he was assigned to bring home oysters and maybe other fish. Not stuff you drive around with, especially if you're Italian, lol. For health and freshness, get it on ice and home ASAP. Maybe he had a habit of getting "lost" on the way home, stopping at automotive stores, garden stores (my other half is fond of escaping from me in Home Depot), or the like. She may have been worried about that (and if she wasn't, she is now, lol). BTW, how funny that the oysters are common knowledge when so little else is.

3. Scrap money might be a tidy way to not have purchases recorded, as they are in credit card use. And cash is of course better if someone's paying for, or paying off, anything illegal. (Extortion, vig, hookers, drugs, or off the books help are all possibilities.)

I don't know. We have too little information. I think this thing was never supposed to get this big, but it exploded on social media, and now it's out of control. Although the number in the search group seems to be holding steady....

Bolded

My understanding is that he asked her to get the oysters, because she was planning to supposedly buy lobsters. He wanted oysters added to the barbeque.

We're not losing our minds.
There are no facts in this case since we have not heard
Anything from LE. As far as IM is concerned, her top priority is protecting herself
And her family.

Not sure if we are allowed to discuss this but could they be involved in some kind of scam she is trying to keep quiet? He took the fall? Maybe that is the reason she is the only person in the family talking? Usually in these types of situations another family member is the POC since the wife, mother whatever is too distraught to constantly give updates and talk...

I don't see where she gave him a list of errands? I see where he asked her to run one.

I don't think there was ever anything said about him being assigned any errands. IM just said they had a very busy weekend planned and she wanted him to leave work early. Maybe he had to cut the lawn or move tables and chairs out to the bbq area?

Quoting: "She even laughs, briefly, on the phone with me, as we bond over those typical husband/wife phone calls, where we blab our heads off about this or that errand that needs doing, while our husbands say “yeah, okay” once every few minutes or so."

I might be wrong though.

That quote does suggest she was calling to remind him of all the errands he needed to do. She just didn't say what they were . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55