Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok then.....

I see you all have been errr..."discussing" the case while I had to do some work to keep my job....

No call back from Parks or SAR. I am getting the message loud and clear. No mention or indication of another search. I will let you know if they ask me to come up to help.

Other than that, I have nothing to add that has not already been beaten to death a few dozen times.

I suppose I ought to do some digging on what exactly is LIRR + how it works, since I have NO experience with this type of transportation. I'm being lazy though hoping some of you who do know about this will just spoonfeed me the info so my little brain can understand it. :D

I found one article about cams in another LIRR station.

http://www.nysenate.gov/news/mta-li...osset-station-part-safety-enhancement-efforts

"As a result of a NYS Senate Grant secured by Senator Carl M. Marcellino, (R-Syosset), the MTA Long Island Rail Road has completed the installation of 24 closed circuit television cameras and six video monitors at the Syosset Station as part of the LIRR’s safety enhancement efforts at the station. Twelve cameras and three monitors are in service on each of the station’s two platforms."

Ok I will never make heads nor tails of any of this. Here is some general info on LIRR for anyone interested.

Map - http://www.mta.info/lirr/Timetable/lirrmap.htm
Deer Park Schedule (note effective Sept. 3 - Nov. 10, unsure if it was different in June?) - http://www.mta.info/lirr/Timetable/Station2/RonkonkomaKO2.pdf
Security - http://web.mta.info/mta/security/
Report anyone tampering with surveillance cameras or entering unauthorized areas.
They have some it seems. I'm sure they don't post a map of where they're positioned. :redface:

Holy Cow Cookies People!!!!!!

CATFANCIER has been MORE THAN PATIENT.

PLEASE STOP.

MANY OF US DO NOT WANT THE THREAD CLOSED DOWN.

Sheesh folks....can't we all just get along? Are we not all here for the same purpose? It's not about "us". It's about the subject and the victims.

Ok then.....

I see you all have been errr..."discussing" the case while I had to do some work to keep my job....

No call back from Parks or SAR. I am getting the message loud and clear. No mention or indication of another search. I will let you know if they ask me to come up to help.

Other than that, I have nothing to add that has not already been beaten to death a few dozen times.
Hmmm well that's interesting + to me I find it odd. JMO of course. Once again thanks for trying Tracker.

So there are camera there on the platforms . Unfortunately IMO if he wasnt seen on those, then he probably didnt take the train (if thery were operationable i would hope LE Looked at them) as there are none in the parking lot IIRC

Ok I will never make heads nor tails of any of this. Here is some general info on LIRR for anyone interested.

Map - http://www.mta.info/lirr/Timetable/lirrmap.htm
Deer Park Schedule (note effective Sept. 3 - Nov. 10, unsure if it was different in June?) - http://www.mta.info/lirr/Timetable/Station2/RonkonkomaKO2.pdf
Security - http://web.mta.info/mta/security/

They have some it seems. I'm sure they don't post a map of where they're positioned. :redface:

Each station is different. The farmingdale station has a dozen cameras. By the ticket office, ticket machines and some facing the tracks.
I find it odd that a main station such as deer park does not have one.

:tyou:

Easy for anyone to blend in + get lost in the crowd I would imagine. JMO

Yes this is true. I of course am hoping that le used all the technology available to them to enhance any video and zoom in if necessary... :crossingfingers:

So there are camera there on the platforms . Unfortunately IMO if he wasnt seen on those, then he probably didnt take the train (if thery were operationable i would hope LE Looked at them) as there are none in the parking lot IIRC
Well, no. Not at Deer Park Station. Other stations have some. The original question was "Are there cameras ON the trains?" I was hoping someone who had ridden the LIRR would be able to answer that poster's question as I too am curious to know the answer.

Meanwhile over here :silly: @ Cow cookies :floorlaugh:

Yes this is true. I of course am hoping that le used all the technology available to them to enhance any video and zoom in if necessary... :crossingfingers:
BBM - Ditto that.
I sure would like one little peeksee at their file / notes. :hiding:

Well, no. Not at Deer Park Station. Other stations have some. The original question was "Are there cameras ON the trains?" I was hoping someone who had ridden the LIRR would be able to answer that poster's question as I too am curious to know the answer.

I do believe most cars have cameras.
Not all stations do, though.

Sorry if I misread...havent have enough coffee yet and I just got off another long night.

I dont remember noticing any, but I do know there are people with a train hobby that record their rides all the time. again, I hope the le are aware of this and make an attempt to track them down..but somehow I doubt it :(

This is why we are all here.
Where are you Robert?
Godspeed. :please:

pagebannerone.jpg

The LIRR is the primary form of transportation for people who are commuting into the city from Long Island. I commuted for 6 years and was on the LIRR as recent as June. I don't know about cameras on the trains although I was under the impression they are on the platforms. I am not that familiar with the DP station, only in passing as I went out to Ronkonkoma. I would not call any of the stations a safe place to be at night time. People also use the train to go out to the Hamptons as well.

I do believe most cars have cameras.
Not all stations do, though.
Sorry if I misread...havent have enough coffee yet and I just got off another long night.
I dont remember noticing any, but I do know there are people with a train hobby that record their rides all the time. again, I hope the le are aware of this and make an attempt to track them down..but somehow I doubt it :(
No need to be sorry. I simply wanted to clarify before it became a :bigfight:
Apologies for the size of the last photo I posted. I have barely managed to figure out how to get a photo into a post. Resizing it is my next lesson as I didn't mean for it to be humongous. :blushing:

[/CODE]

No need to be sorry. I simply wanted to clarify before it became a :bigfight:
Apologies for the size of the last photo I posted. I have barely managed to figure out how to get a photo into a post. Resizing it is my next lesson as I didn't mean for it to be humongous. :blushing:

maybe you can teach me? :blushing::please:

Just caught up, wow
Still nothing, darn it

What bothers me is that there is no proof RM left that scrap yard.
Yes, he was obviously there to sell some stuff, but nobody can confirm he got in his Red GTO and drove away.....alone? Or possibly with someone??? Or someone else was driving?

There is no proof RM was in his house for those 10 minutes.
Yes, his car was seen on video ( a week later )?? By a neighbors camera
The wallet could have been there the whole time that day and never put there by RM that day.
We have no proof if RM had applied for a duplicate license or photo ID card
No proof that he didn't apply for OTHER credit cards, using a different mailing address?
No proof he is penniless out there, he may have a stash of cash he's been saving for a year now????
I'm pretty sure IM is a very smart woman, I hope she checked DMV and has hired a professional to look further into checking more things in detail. (Credit history, banks)

I would hate to think he just "left" or worse that he is somewhere and needs help or is not with us anymore. He has a beautiful family who misses him.

Too much time has gone by now, someone knows something!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109