NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But do we even know if it was scrap from the job? It could have just been things he may have decided to scrap. I've seen people that drive around looking for metal in people's garbage. All we know is "minimal transaction" but nothing on what it actually was.

Maybe that was the time lapse between leaving work and getting to Arrow, he was picking up scrap some where. Odd that he left early that day and didn't call or text his wife. To me that is a red flag that he may have been planning something.

picture.php
[/IMG]

From NCNY:
"All the information regarding calls and texts were combed through and all leads go nowhere with the phone... there was at one point early on that we thought of someone Rob associated with as he lied about being in touch with him when asked by IM only to find out they were in touch through texts..."

IMO when NCNY refers to "we thought of someone Rob associated with......
I see it like "we" NCNY and Ida Mayer
They thought of someone RM associated with as he lied (RM lied??) about being in touch with him when asked by IM only to find out ( possibly by police requesting phone records )
they were in touch through texts......

All my opinion.

I would bet prior to find the phone they called this person and asked if they had seen or talked to RM and they said no. Later when they found the phone they found that to be untrue and they were actually in contact. Odd they would lie when the guy is missing.

I would bet prior to find the phone they called this person and asked if they had seen or talked to RM and they said no. Later when they found the phone they found that to be untrue and they were actually in contact. Odd they would lie when the guy is missing.

That makes sense, too.

IMOO.

is it possible Text Guy did not know RM was Missing or had left???? Maybe lives out of the area. Or was "covering" for RM???????

Maybe that was the time lapse between leaving work and getting to Arrow, he was picking up scrap some where. Odd that he left early that day and didn't call or text his wife. To me that is a red flag that he may have been planning something.
Right-you'd think a "hey hon, got out early, gonna run some errands, see you soon". No contact makes me think they were arguing.
Even thinking of what I call "family logistics" -who's picking up who and going where and when and with who. Why no check in to coordinate ? If he was normally home in time for the end of the school day I would imagine he was involved with the things that are normally done between the end of work/ school hours and lets say dinner time.

OT...reading a novel right now called "He's Gone" about a man who just up and disappeared without a word...will be interested to see what scenario the author comes up with...I am sure we have probably discussed it here, whatever it is.

That's true. We don't know if it was from his job.
Yes, I've been noticing vans picking up stuff here.

Where I live if you leave anything on your driveway the scrap scavengers steal it. I've had donations left for the charity truck taken and my neighbor had a washing machine sitting next to her garage door snagged. Is it possible the $300 was left sitting in the drawer to share with co workers.
Does RM have a FB page? If so can we post a link to our site for friends and coworkers who might was to participate with our "sleuthing"?

Right-you'd think a "hey hon, got out early, gonna run some errands, see you soon". No contact makes me think they were arguing.
Even thinking of what I call "family logistics" -who's picking up who and going where and when and with who. Why no check in to coordinate ? If he was normally home in time for the end of the school day I would imagine he was involved with the things that are normally done between the end of work/ school hours and lets say dinner time.

That always stuck out to me as odd that a happy couple with a fun weekend planned didn't talk after that 9am call. Especially that he left work earlier than usual. That makes me think that possibly a fight, possibly marriage wasn't as happy as we are being told..

It is quite odd.

Where I live if you leave anything on your driveway the scrap scavengers steal it. I've had donations left for the charity truck taken and my neighbor had a washing machine sitting next to her garage door snagged. Is it possible the $300 was left sitting in the drawer to share with co workers.
Does RM have a FB page? If so can we post a link to our site for friends and coworkers who might was to participate with our "sleuthing"?

It was stated in the first thread that RM did not have a FB.

NEW ROBERT MAYER NEWS ARTICLE!!!!

Hey Guys,

New article from Huffington post. Includes a touching "Help us find Robert" video.

No new info. But tells us he's still missing and the search goes on.

Thx, J

But do we even know if it was scrap from the job? It could have just been things he may have decided to scrap. I've seen people that drive around looking for metal in people's garbage. All we know is "minimal transaction" but nothing on what it actually was.

OT...reading a novel right now called "He's Gone" about a man who just up and disappeared without a word...will be interested to see what scenario the author comes up with...I am sure we have probably discussed it here, whatever it is.

Just got the book on my nook. Good book so far.

Someone posted a link to it. The fact that they didn't downsize after IM "lost" her job is perplexing to me being RM is an electrician. You are not affording that house making that kind of money. Add vacations to Italy and things like that, there had to be money issues..

Right. Instead of downsizing, they supersized.

Right. Instead of downsizing, they supersized.

How do you know they even had a mortgage?

I haven't been on here in a long time, but being local to this case- it brought me back :)

Can someone verify what you are allowed to talk about- it seems much stricter here than in the past and I don't want to cause a problem.

ETA- can we talk about things that are public record having to do with the house? I know there was talk about their extensions and how much it cost from a TOH page.

Yes, that house clearly has an addition on the back of it. Nice pool too.

It has 2 additions, estimated at $75,000 each according to Huntington town records (but looks more like $300k - $400k to me). The most recent one less than a year ago.

I haven't been on here in a long time, but being local to this case- it brought me back :)

I can tell you how to find the mortgage. Get their tax map ID number from with zillow.com or Huntington town records and then go to the Suffolk County clerk's website and do an online search on the clerk's kiosk.

/QUOTE]

I can tell you how to find the mortgage. Get their tax map ID number from with zillow.com or Huntington town records and then go to the Suffolk County clerk's website and do an online search on the clerk's kiosk.

I did that already ;-) Thats exactly what I am talking about :)

Not that much for a big house, and it was 10 years ago while IM was still working.

Kitchen looks very much up-dated IMO---maybe that was more recent?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55