NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert went missing June 14. From a SAR point of view, it could be considered getting old. In my opinion it is no longer a live subject recovery sorry to say. From a case investigation it is well within the time frame of an active case.

With regard to the car, is it fact that LE still has it or that the LE family member discovered it....or both?

Do you agree that a more widespread search of the preserve is warranted?

I agree, xo

Robert went missing June 14. From a SAR point of view, it could be considered getting old. In my opinion it is no longer a live subject recovery sorry to say. From a case investigation it is well within the time frame of an active case.

With regard to the car, is it fact that LE still has it or that the LE family member discovered it....or both?

Do you agree that a more widespread search of the preserve is warranted?

I believe it was a family member and a family friend. But we know where that info comes from, I'M and FB. But neither exist within these walls.

Yes to your last question although how much more could be done considering it is so thick.

I am seeing that she typed "oid" not old... factoid.... fact....oid....

IMOO.

thank u for saying that
it is oid....

fact - oid.

Factoid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A factoid is a questionable or spurious (unverified, false, or fabricated) statement presented as a fact, but without supporting evidence. The word can also be used to describe a particularly insignificant or novel fact, in the absence of much relevant context.

I believe it was a family member and a family friend. But we know where that info comes from, I'M and FB. But neither exist within these walls.

Yes to your last question although how much more could be done considering it is so thick.

Thank you for the candid response. I appreciate that.

I still think the Preserve is a critical point. Were it my case, SAR, Parks, Police Cadets, Civil Air Patrol and the National Guard would be all over it.

At this juncture I am getting nothing back from the Parks Department or SAR.

This has me somewhat bewildered.

I still think the Preserve is a critical point. Were it my case, SAR, Parks, Police Cadets, Civil Air Patrol and the National Guard would be all over it.

Your input is greatly appreciated. I can;t thank you enough.

Best to you and yours. :seeya:

:yourock:

Muchas Gracias for all you do.

Natalie Merchant - Thank You - YouTube

Unless the family member/friend who located the car was LE and familiar with protocol. In that case, that person would call local LE immediately.

I didnt state this as fact...i said "Unless the family member/friend was LE"

OOpsies...
:truce::truce::truce:

I had hoped Rob is long gone. Happy somewhere.

I keep getting emails, Most post Rob is gone, Makes me sad.
Most think Rob is deceased. His trail has been covered.

Just saying.

Going back to Force Ten's comment about it being so thick (vegetation) and how much more could be done.

Humans like many animals take the path of least resistance. Left handed people will take the left fork or T in a trail if they have a choice. Right handed people will go to the right. If you look at the Google maps view of the Preserve you will note one main trail running in.

If this is a criminal case, the individual committing the crime would not be carrying a body through underbrush, pickers etc... The remains would be off to the side of one of the small branch trails. How far do you think even a fit person could carry someone the size of RM? Even two people would be hard pressed to carry someone his size very far off the main trail. Game trails are very narrow and would present obstructions, so it would have to be a trail that could be navigated with ease or minimal difficulty. There would also need to be tools to dig a grave. If the actor(s) wanted the case to remain unsolved, it could not be a shallow grave as the remains would be uncovered by wildlife and weather erosion.

Even if he did take off...that is kinda interesting, no? A seemingly average guy, wife and kids and a good job, up and leaves without a word? Allowing his family, his mom, his friends to imagine he might be dead?

Suicide is starting to sound like a viable option, sorry to say. If this is a real possibility, then that preserve/reserve needs to be searched entirely.

I really do not see the walking away scenario without letting his mom, at least, know he is okay. That would be just cruel. Bad enough for the kids, but for an old woman to have to wonder if her son is alive is just awful, JMO.

What you see on the outside may not be what is going on inside. Smiling for a family picture does not automatically mean the man was happy or that his family is average. His family is not speaking out and I find that odd.

Maybe that's what it is......Maybe that's why the phone, wallet ,and 300 dollars was found at home so that those items would not be found on him or in the car to be stolen. He didn't want them stolen. The car at the train station Looks like he took off, when maybe in reality he wanted to commit suicide and maybe he is in that preserve, hidden well, and once found maybe it would take DNA to identify him, seeing as he had no ID on him.

IMOO.

BBM

Just wondering if RM played at the reserves as a child or teen. There was a very interesting link posted here about the tunnels under the property and the popularity of kids and teens playing in them. I'll look for it. Some of the things IM said, such as, "see, Rob, you are important," (IIRC) has led me to believe she thought him to be suicidal, thus the early worrying, searching, and call to LE, so quickly. Perhaps RM knows very well where to hide in the reserves before committing suicide. Perhaps, in a depressed state of mind, he thought by the time his body was found, his family would be over the initial shock of his disappearance, and confirmation would be easier on them down the road of this nightmare (doubt that). I just can't wrap my head around the thought that he would have set out on another errand minus his wallet or phone. Or that he was "hi-jacked in the garage upon arrival. JMHO. :sigh:

http://www.edgewoodhospital.com/tunnels.asp

Bunny....I don't think he's dead. I never have. But as far as the topic of LE is concerned and victim status....I can guarantee you LE suspects EVERYBODY until they are ruled out.....and if they start acting like a perp well...if it walks like a duck....and about the phone being found....just FYI...if it were my husband and I found his phone....I wouldn't tell police for a week maybe 3... just to see who called it....and I'd be doing in depth discovery on the texts...

Going back to Force Ten's comment about it being so thick (vegetation) and how much more could be done.

Humans like many animals take the path of least resistance. Left handed people will take the left fork or T in a trail if they have a choice. Right handed people will go to the right. If you look at the Google maps view of the Preserve you will note one main trail running in.

If this is a criminal case, the individual committing the crime would not be carrying a body through underbrush, pickers etc... The remains would be off to the side of one of the small branch trails. How far do you think even a fit person could carry someone the size of RM? Even two people would be hard pressed to carry someone his size very far off the main trail. Game trails are very narrow and would present obstructions, so it would have to be a trail that could be navigated with ease or minimal difficulty. There would also need to be tools to dig a grave. If the actor(s) wanted the case to remain unsolved, it could not be a shallow grave as the remains would be uncovered by wildlife and weather erosion.

Trackergd,
Not sure if this is 100% accurate but i have heard that the preserve houses some squatters here and there. Tents, clothing and other items can be found there while walking/ riding the trails.
Also, teens are known to hang out there and according to the pilgrim psych center blogs...they hang there too.

BBM

Just wondering if RM played at the reserves as a child or teen. There was a very interesting link posted here about the tunnels under the property and the popularity of kids and teens playing in them. I'll look for it. Some of the things IM said, such as, "see, Rob, you are important," (IIRC) has led me to believe she thought him to be suicidal, thus the early worrying, searching, and call to LE, so quickly. Perhaps RM knows very well where to hide in the reserves before committing suicide. Perhaps, in a depressed state of mind, he thought by the time his body was found, his family would be over the initial shock of his disappearance, and confirmation would be easier on them down the road of this nightmare (doubt that). I just can't wrap my head around the thought that he would have set out on another errand minus his wallet or phone. Or that he was "hi-jacked in the garage upon arrival. JMHO. :sigh:

http://www.edgewoodhospital.com/tunnels.asp

Completely agree, and the fact that he has finger prints on file, and this somehow came up on a LI firearms website, leads me to believe he is a gun owner. Run home, drop off everything in your pockets, grab the gun, and off to the preserve/psych center or wherever to end it all. I hate to think that, but it's the only thing that really fits. Everything else has more holes than a good Swiss Cheese. I hope to God this isn't the case, I feel awful for his children.

BTW---it's never come up, but I hope IM told LE if in fact he was a gun owner. I assume that's one thing she searched the house for.....is it missing????????

Hopefully, I am correct in recalling that we were told here that we can reference the FB FAQ document...so, if that's the case, for the record, it states that a "good friend" of RM was the one to find his car at the train station, after driving around all day (Saturday the 15th) looking for him. No family member was mentioned.

Hopefully, I am correct in recalling that we were told here that we can reference the FB FAQ document...so, if that's the case, for the record, it states that a "good friend" of RM was the one to find his car at the train station, after driving around all day (Saturday the 15th) looking for him. No family member was mentioned.

Thanks for confirming that, sky
:rockon:

thank u for saying that
it is oid....

fact - oid.

Factoid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A factoid is a questionable or spurious (unverified, false, or fabricated) statement presented as a fact, but without supporting evidence. The word can also be used to describe a particularly insignificant or novel fact, in the absence of much relevant context.

FACTOID is the underlying theme of this whole case.

For those who think suicide...why the silence from his family....why the very quiet position of LE....and SAR now....(here's hoping they get back to Trackergd) and why why why are questions considered so offensive???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne