NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Los Angeles a very tall handsome movie exec, Gavin Smith, disappeared without a trace in May 2012. A couple of months ago they found his Mercedes in a storage locker with lots of his blood. From the evidence the police are assuming homicide. He had been involved somehow with the wife of drug dealer ow serving time. The storage locker is linked to the dealer. They don't believe Gavin was involved with drugs. His wife's comment about her sorrow in knowing that he must be dead is mitigated in part by the vindication of knowing that he didn't just leave. She said that she knew he would never have just left his children and family.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar/14/local/la-me-0315-gavin-smith-20130315

They found the so called smoking gun by finding that car. They got a tip to look there in the storage locker.

Did they decide that the bike had been at home until RM went missing?
Could he have come home, changed his clothes and put the bike in the trunk to go for a ride at another location? Leaving his phone and wallet behind while exercising is logical.

Not knowing the family's debt situation it is hard to ascertain whether they could afford the house or not. Maybe they had an inheritance that was used for it?

If my husband had vanished I would be Googling everything with his name online. When I found this site I would have a friend monitoring and answering questions being posed. It is all speculation but there is a tremendous amount of brain power here that with the correct info could lead to some better theories. Brainstorming is how great discoveries, inventions and decisions are made. Power to our brains!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Excellent post!
:yourock::yourock::yourock:

Code:

Where can I see a pic of the Mayer's house?

I can bring over here, but I can't copy the url of the image with my ipad for some reason. I need to get on my computer to post it here.

The thing is, because we don't have details of his life at home, I have a hard time believing he would leave simply because it was so terrible that he was pushed out.

Most people do not leave unless there is something horrible happening to push them away, like deep physical and/or mental abuse.

Unless, of course, there is something drawing them away from their life. What, besides another woman, could be such a lure that he would leave his children?

Sometimes its just bad between the husband and wife---there is no "other person". That must be worse--someone leaving b/c they don't want to be with you. Not b/c they met someone. And it has nothing to do with the kids at all--they just get hit with the shrapnel.

I can bring over here, but I can't copy the url of the image with my ipad for some reason. I need to get on my computer to post it here.

Someone posted a link to it. The fact that they didn't downsize after IM "lost" her job is perplexing to me being RM is an electrician. You are not affording that house making that kind of money. Add vacations to Italy and things like that, there had to be money issues..

I agree, eliza.
We were given very few clues by our insider. Many changing "facts" by others.
I go with the drug scenario. Something went terribly wrong. Most drug scenarios do
End that way...terribly wrong for one reason or another. IMO.

Momoffour--- May I jump slightly from your post??? Am thinking about "insiders" generally-not one specifically---maybe they are privy to one aspect of the victims life (e.g., IM's best friend would not likely know the day-to-day workings of RM's work-life) so perhaps (MOO) we are not getting the most accurate info rather an opinion or theory cloaked as fact? Thru no fault of their own of course, just that their info is weighted heavily.
This of course :twocents::moo::moo::moo:

Momoffour--- May I jump slightly from your post??? Am thinking about "insiders" generally-not one specifically---maybe they are privy to one aspect of the victims life (e.g., IM's best friend would not likely know the day-to-day workings of RM's work-life) so perhaps (MOO) we are not getting the most accurate info rather an opinion or theory cloaked as fact? Thru no fault of their own of course, just that their info is weighted heavily.
This of course :twocents::moo::moo::moo:

Absolutely true!
However, we have only had one verified insider. No other source.

:rockon:

Sorry I think I have only seen one or 2 posts from the verified poster I'd still like to hear from someone on Roberts side of the family if he had a drug problem wouldn't ppl notice? Work ? If it was serious he mus have looked bad maybe missed work? Erratic behavior? Yes no?

May have been a "Week-end Warrior"---sober during the week but lost his mind on weekends and days off.

And I'd love to hear from RM's family----anything they want to share with us here I am all ears. I especially want them to know he is very much in our thoughts and prayers.

I don't see suicide as the answer too. Why go to the scrap yard and then hide stuff in drawers? It's last on my list too.

I agree---not to morbid but I think the body would already have been found had RM committed suicide. He would have been in an easily found spot. I am thinking of .........well.....putting the body to rest, the paper work with insurance and a will etc. I know that reads as gross but I am thinking very practically as he may have been at that time.
MOO

Someone posted a link to it. The fact that they didn't downsize after IM "lost" her job is perplexing to me being RM is an electrician. You are not affording that house making that kind of money. Add vacations to Italy and things like that, there had to be money issues..

Nobody knows if they received an inheritance or help from family. They may have a low mortgage payment. We don't know if they even had money problems. IMHO an electrician's salary cannot pay for that house alone. He would need to do plenty of side jobs and he would never be home at all.
Is it possible that family was paying for the vacations? Or a portion because the kids went away also?

Thinking about the car ...... I think they have not searched it because they may not be legally allowed to for they think he left on his own they will hold it till he is found or they suspect foul play this way they will still have evidence if there is any there to be found. If its released to family they might clean it and all will be lost.

Again, everybody looks at a sentence differently. The way that the verified insider worded the comment about the texting, I took it that when IM approached that person, that person Lied about being in communication with RM. Now, it is possible that RM lied, but when the pronouns HIM and HE were used in that sentence, it could be either one...Robert OR the friend. So if it wasn't Robert that lied, maybe the friend misunderstood about texting and communicating, meaning texting isn't talking per say, and when LE looked at the phone and the texts, then IM went to that person and asked him about his conversations with RM. Otherwise, we are now left with, if it was RM, then IM and RM had a conversation about this individual BEFORE RM left. So we really don't know the context of how the verified insider meant what was posted, unless that verified insider comes back on and posts Exactly who IM talked to, and if it wasn't Robert, then the insider could say it wasn't Robert.
IMOO.

I took it to mean RM had lied about it....why would you approach the person you didn't want them talking to??? Because the only way she could know is if 1. RM told her (which doesn't fit because it was lied about so why would he tell her he was in touch then lie about it)
2. she goes through his phone (which is what I think happened.) she caught him texting and they fought

That brings up another question. Can each electrician just take stuff to scrap or do they split it? Doesn't seem fair or legal for one electrician to be able to get scrap money and not others.

I have been questioning that Drib---I have family in various unions and it is not the "done thing" for a foreman to take the scrap--its usually for the apprentices. If the crew was pooling the money for BBQ's, play lottery thats one thing----but IMO the scrap has been made to sound like it was RM's only.

But do we even know if it was scrap from the job? It could have just been things he may have decided to scrap. I've seen people that drive around looking for metal in people's garbage. All we know is "minimal transaction" but nothing on what it actually was.

I took it to mean RM had lied about it....why would you approach the person you didn't want them talking to??? Because the only way she could know is if 1. RM told her (which doesn't fit because it was lied about so why would he tell her he was in touch then lie about it)
2. she goes through his phone (which is what I think happened.) she caught him texting and they fought

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - #1

From NCNY:

"All the information regarding calls and texts were combed through and all leads go nowhere with the phone... there was at one point early on that we thought of someone Rob associated with as he lied about being in touch with him when asked by IM only to find out they were in touch through texts..."

You ask "why would you approach the person you didn't want them talking to???".

Again, looking at the verified insiders post, NCNY used pronouns. The first sentence explains the info regarding calls and texts were combed through.
NCNY's post also states all leads go nowhere with the phone.
So, to me, that means, My Interpretation, is that once they combed through RM's phone, they found info about calls and texts. My interpretation of EARLY ON means TO ME that after RM was found MISSING and AFTER the PHONE WAS COMBED THROUGH, they found out who RM was receiving calls and texts from, so MY INTERPRETATION is that IM confronted one of the people, which is a male, and that male, lied about being in touch with RM, ONLY to be found out that they were texting..........
Using the words Him and He, TWO conclusions can be made..........NOBODY knows WHO HE AND HIM ARE, UNLESS NCNY would come back to VERIFY WHO NCNY is talking about.
I am NOT saying it ISN'T RM. I am stating that reading what NCNY posted, it can be taken TWO different ways. I took it to mean that it wasn't RM that lied, but that is my thought process of how I personally perceived what NCNY posted.
In My Opinion Only....... :)

But do we even know if it was scrap from the job? It could have just been things he may have decided to scrap. I've seen people that drive around looking for metal in people's garbage.

good question teamilk----------am going on what was said on the "other place" by someone who claimed they were the payroll person (will hold my comments on that) But what you point out is quite true---scrap could be from anything, anywhere

But do we even know if it was scrap from the job? It could have just been things he may have decided to scrap. I've seen people that drive around looking for metal in people's garbage. All we know is "minimal transaction" but nothing on what it actually was.

That's true. We don't know if it was from his job.
Yes, I've been noticing vans picking up stuff here.

From NCNY:
"All the information regarding calls and texts were combed through and all leads go nowhere with the phone... there was at one point early on that we thought of someone Rob associated with as he lied about being in touch with him when asked by IM only to find out they were in touch through texts..."

IMO when NCNY refers to "we thought of someone Rob associated with......
I see it like "we" NCNY and Ida Mayer
They thought of someone RM associated with as he lied (RM lied??) about being in touch with him when asked by IM only to find out ( possibly by police requesting phone records )
they were in touch through texts......

All my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members