GUILTY NY - Sarah Goode, 21, Medford, 6 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FINALLY!!! My goodness, Sarah's family has had to wait over a year to hear that a trial date has been set. Sarah's case still gets to me as I have children her daughter's age and it just breaks my heart.

I am so glad he is finally on his way to justice... we used to live in her neighborhood and my girls knew her casually growing up. If I only had more faith in the Justice system there.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

is going to trial! 10/16/2015!!

There will never be justice. Not for Sarah. Not for her daughter. Not for her family.
But this pathetic excuse for a human being needs to be punished. To the full extent.

Do you have a link to where you saw the trial date? Just curious.

Does anyone know if this trial started today?

sending much love to Sarah's family and friends.............Justice though not swift will be sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen to that Mom-----thank you for keeping this up-to-date.

Sending love and prayers to Sarah's family and friends.......Lady Justice be sure

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...claims-of-prosecutorial-misconduct-1.11346665

The case against a Mastic man in the rape and murder of a young Medford mother — already complicated by evidence suppressed because of an improper interrogation — is now the subject of several defense claims of prosecutorial misconduct.

The attorney for Dante Taylor, 20, charged with first-degree murder in the June 7, 2014 death of Sarah Goode, 21, has filed a motion that says Suffolk prosecutors have illegally withheld evidence that undermines the case against Taylor and suggests someone else committed the crime.

Snip

Taylor is accused of raping and stabbing Goode in her BMW, which was abandoned about a mile from where her body was found five days later in some woods in Medford. Even before the body was found, Taylor was arrested and questioned by Suffolk homicide detectives. After a pretrial hearing last year, state Supreme Court Justice John Collins ruled the questioning was unconstitutional because detectives failed to advise him of his rights after an “unsatisfactorily explained arrest.”

Snip

But prosecutors say DNA and fingerprints from a second arrest a month later linked Taylor to the crime.

Now, a month before the trial is scheduled to begin, Lewis said prosecutors have withheld several pieces of evidence favorable to the defense — violations of what is known as the Brady rule, which requires prosecutors to turn over such evidence as soon as possible.

Lewis said that prosecutors waited until November to disclose that a plastic bag containing a T-shirt, gloves and semen-stained boxers had been found in the same woods as Goode’s body, and that DNA from the boxers did not match Taylor.

Lewis said Assistant District Attorney Janet Albertson told him she didn’t need to turn it over because it wasn’t relevant.

Snip

Also, according to the defense motion, prosecutors waited 14 months to disclose that Goode’s sister had found black leggings in Goode’s size at Smith Point Park on June 11, 2014, and that police dogs and officers searched the area. Lewis said he’s still received no other information about the leggings or the search.

“Given the fact that the police investigation revealed that the initial prime suspect in the case, Jason Flores, went to Smith Point Park the morning after the victim disappeared, it is clear that the discovery and collection of the leggings are relevant and material to the defense,” Lewis wrote in the motion.
Flores has not been charged.

Lewis also said prosecutors did not disclose that a palm print on the BMW’s hood tested negative for blood. Police and prosecutors had earlier said the print was left in Goode’s blood.

WHAT A MESS!!!

DT is due in court today. Fingers crossed and prayers to the family.

sending love and prayers................................ Lady Justice do your best !!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back